Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 702 of 719 FirstFirst ... 202602652692700701702703704712 ... LastLast
Results 10,516 to 10,530 of 10775
    When Springer comes back and plays in the field, you can maybe have LGJ play IF every now and then?

There may be days when we need to rest an infielder so all LGJ, Grich, Springer, Teo have to play.

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    We don't know for sure though, small sample size. Can he make the through from behind the bag to 1st?
    His defensive reputation was very strong from his time in the minors if I remember correctly. I think this sample of his defense is legit. The bat isn't overly exciting, but the defense is really good.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    His defensive reputation was very strong from his time in the minors if I remember correctly. I think this sample of his defense is legit. The bat isn't overly exciting, but the defense is really good.
    Yes. And he doesnít need to start every day, but he can be that defensive sub in late game situations.

Iím not against getting an everyday 3B completely, I just donít want to pay the added cost of getting a high offense 3B.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    When Springer comes back and plays in the field, you can maybe have LGJ play IF every now and then?

There may be days when we need to rest an infielder so all LGJ, Grich, Springer, Teo have to play.
    I'd try LGJ at 3B - maybe he's gotten over the yips. Just not sure of the timing - try this in-season vs in 2022.

Who is Springer? lol

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    I'd try LGJ at 3B - maybe he's gotten over the yips. Just not sure of the timing - try this in-season vs in 2022.

Who is Springer? lol
    I would be hesitant to move his position when heís finally starting to settle in with the bat.

The good thing about those 4 is that they can cycle through at DH and always have at least an average defensive OF....with above average offense. ...and with Rowdy hurt (and struggling so far) they won't have a problem keeping those 4 bats in the lineup everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    The good thing about those 4 is that they can cycle through at DH and always have at least an average defensive OF....with above average offense. ...and with Rowdy hurt (and struggling so far) they won't have a problem keeping those 4 bats in the lineup everyday.
    I'm thinking last year's Tellez was the variable and this is who he is as a hitter. I'd be willing to cut bait on him sooner than later if this keeps up much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Yea itll just be a problem if we need to rest an infielder. Like if Bo needs a DH day, you effectively have to take out an OF as well (unless you slide LGJ into the IF temporarily so Springer/Teo/Grich take the OF).

Yea itll just be a problem if we need to rest an infielder. Like if Bo needs a DH day, you effectively have to take out an OF as well (unless you slide LGJ into the IF temporarily so Springer/Teo/Grich take the OF).
    As far as I'm concerned LGJ is the weak link in the OF right now because of his bat so if Bichette needs a game at DH, you sit Gurriel.

I'm sure they'll give Springer a lot of time at DH when he's healthy in order to keep him healthy, but if it comes down to it and someone in the infield needs a night at DH, Gurriel is the guy who would sit until his bat comes around. It's a good problem to have really.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    As far as I'm concerned LGJ is the weak link in the OF right now because of his bat so if Bichette needs a game at DH, you sit Gurriel.

I'm sure they'll give Springer a lot of time at DH when he's healthy in order to keep him healthy, but if it comes down to it and someone in the infield needs a night at DH, Gurriel is the guy who would sit until his bat comes around. It's a good problem to have really.
    Gurriel is .409/.955 in the past week, he's starting to looks more like the 2020 version we saw last year.

I believe Springer will DH for the first three weeks after he's activated.

Panik/Espinal will handle the infield duties when someone needs a day off.

Wish there was a way though where you can have the same 9 players in the batting order and just give half rest days when needed. Think you can accomplish with more position flexibility.

Well they put LGJ in the IF today lol.

I previously mentioned 3B, think they're wasting his arm at 1B

Theyíre listening yo.

The Rays needed bullpen help so they went out and made the following deal:

Brewers get: SS Willy Adames, RHP Trevor Richards
    Rays get: RHP J.P. Feyereisen, RHP Drew Rasmussen

In losing their starting SS the Rays called up Taylor Walls and he was inserted into the lineup and will be the everyday SS moving forward.

J.P. Feyereisen will pitch in high leverage situations

Both Walls and Feyereisen put up numbers against us.

Why couldn't we make a similar deal? This FO is as scrappy as their players lol