Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 436 of 475 FirstFirst ... 336386426434435436437438446 ... LastLast
Results 6,526 to 6,540 of 7125
    We also need outfielders who can hit. These last two seasons have been horrible for offensive contributions from the OF. Teoscar is a start and even with his recent surge, I still donít trust Grichuk.

I'm not so worried about the OF as long as we have pillar/grich in CF. Looking forward - any of these IF prospects can slide to the OF. I actually think if we hold onto Travis he will find himself out there eventually. His bat can play anywhere when he's his normal self.

The last thing Travis' knees need is to run around on the turf 81+ games of the year. If Alford never comes around I think the guy that will eventually slide to the OF is Gurriel. He's tall, he's fast, he's got extra base pop and he has good arm. When Pillar eventually moves on he will either be replaced by Alford or Grichuk in CF. If it's not Alford, than Gurriel could take the opening in RF. Bichette and/or Biggio are hopefully coming fast. They are going to need to free up 2B.

If I was Atkins, I would be trying to find Pillar and Travis homes right now while they are both still cheap and have lots of control.

I still really like the potential in Grichuk. .294/.341/.647 with 8 HR's and 20 RBI's in June. Even with the time he missed he is still on pace to hit 20 bombs. If this mechanical change sticks, he is dangerous from foul pole to foul pole so he could hit for average as well power. The way he plays defense in the OF, he is looking like a potential steal.

Speaking of steals from this front office over the past 2 years....

Hernandez has only played in 67 games, and he is slashing .261/.313/.518 with 19 2B's, 6 3B's and 13 HR's. He has legit 30+ HR power in that bat and looks like he will be the LF of the future for this team.

Solarte is on pace for 25-30 HR's , 30+ doubles and 90+ RBI. Not bad for someone making just over 4M and who most people on here thought was a nothing type of move..He's only 30 years old and they have him under control (fairly cheap) if they want him for 2 more years.

Granderson is slashing .254/.364/.467 overall and .267/.374/.494 against RHP. He has come in and done exactly what they had hoped he would do this year.

Clippard is 4-2 with 6 saves, a 3.20 ERA and 47 K's over 40.2 IP....pretty darn good for 1.5M.

Oh is 4-3 with 2 saves, a 3.10 ERA and 47 K's over 39.1 IP......even better for 1.75M and 2.5M next year if they want to keep him.

Gaviglio was acquired for the infamous PTBNL, and he is has an ERA of 4.15 over his 8 starts with 39 K's in 43.1 IP. He has been a more than adequate 5th starter for essentially nothing for the past 6 weeks. It was a subtle depth type move, but its a heck of a lot better than we would have gotten from Biagini. He won't ever be more than a #5, but getting him for nothing makes it a steal in my books..

If they can get these types of assets for guys like Liriano, Leone, Connor Greene and Edward Olivares; imagine what they should be able to get for someone like Happ...

I'd be fine with Teoscar-Pillar-Alford OF but that lacks a lot of power. Good defense from Pillar and Alford though. But if we are getting + power at 3B-SS-2B with Vlad-Bichette-Travis and we can get consistent power at 1B/DH then the lack of power from Pillar/Alford will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    I'd be fine with Teoscar-Pillar-Alford OF but that lacks a lot of power. Good defense from Pillar and Alford though. But if we are getting + power at 3B-SS-2B with Vlad-Bichette-Travis and we can get consistent power at 1B/DH then the lack of power from Pillar/Alford will be fine.
    You may get 25-30 from Hernandez in LF so I'd be Ok with that. I'm more worried about defense though. And if we're getting good power from the infield then I'd like to see one of those OF position set the table for the big bats at the top of the order.

Bored last night was listening to WFAN out of New York. Way they were talking the Yankees will not give up a core prospect for Happ. They are very interested in Happ, but being 35 and a rental they won't giveup a big piece of their future for him.

The annoucncers were saying the Yankees will have more interest in a Blake Snell or a Degrom. Offering 3 prospects(Frazier, Sheffield, Adams) for either and a Belances and a throw in like a Tyler Wade. I don't know if the Mets or Tampa would part with either but be a mega deal if they did.

How about a couple 19 year old arms Luis Medina and Dievi Garcia. Those are the 2 prizes in the Yankees system for me. Medina throws 100+ mph at 19, and Garcia is a strikeout machine with high spin rates on both his fastball and breaking ball. Medina is in rookie ball and Garcia is in A ball. Now is the time to try and pry them from the Yankees. Pairing them with Pardinho and Pearson could give us one heck of a homegrown rotation in a couple years.

How about Happ for Medina and/or Garcia?

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    How about a couple 19 year old arms Luis Medina and Dievi Garcia. Those are the 2 prizes in the Yankees system for me. Medina throws 100+ mph at 19, and Garcia is a strikeout machine with high spin rates on both his fastball and breaking ball. Medina is in rookie ball and Garcia is in A ball. Now is the time to try and pry them from the Yankees. Pairing them with Pardinho and Pearson could give us one heck of a homegrown rotation in a couple years.

I would definitely be asking what we can add to the trade to get both. Maybe they can go over the tax line if we pick up the cost of contracts this year.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post

Garcia maybe as one, he has way better numbers. I would ask for Betances and Garcia?

Prospects are so valued, there is no chance in hell we are getting Medina, Garcia or any top prospects for 2 months of Happ.

Blake Snell may be on the block for the Yanks, thats where they are willing to go Frazier, Sheffield or some of the younger talented guys.

Prospects have become more valuable than ever before.. you just arent seeing top prospects being dealt for rentals anymore unless it's Manny Machado this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanyo View Post
    Prospects are so valued, there is no chance in hell we are getting Medina, Garcia or any top prospects for 2 months of Happ.

Blake Snell may be on the block for the Yanks, thats where they are willing to go Frazier, Sheffield or some of the younger talented guys.

Prospects have become more valuable than ever before.. you just arent seeing top prospects being dealt for rentals anymore unless it's Manny Machado this year.
    I would be shocked if they don't get a decent package. Especially considering the additional pieces they could throw in and the willingness we've seen in payinh the salary of traded guys.

IF the Yankees were to offer Frazier for Happ I doubt the Jays would do that trade. He does not profile into even an adequate defender. A lot of the prospects they are selecting are at premium positions. In the Pearce trade they opted for a SS albeit a 23 year old at single A.

Quote Originally Posted by FLeays View Post
    IF the Yankees were to offer Frazier for Happ I doubt the Jays would do that trade. He does not profile into even an adequate defender. A lot of the prospects they are selecting are at premium positions. In the Pearce trade they opted for a SS albeit a 23 year old at single A.
    I doubt we will get much for Happ after last 2 starts. Probably better off keeping him.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    I doubt we will get much for Happ after last 2 starts. Probably better off keeping him.
    For what? We arenít even in the WC hunt and heís a FA at seasons end. Get whatever you can for him.

Yeah thereís no point in keeping him. He will get a few more starts before the trade deadline to try and rebuild a little value