Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 494 of 494 FirstFirst ... 394444484492493494
Results 7,396 to 7,403 of 7403
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I hate the idea of switching guys in and out every day. Give the kids you need to learn about everyday at bats for a few weeks and take it from there.
    Such as LGJr playing 1st yesterday...I know Smoak wasn't good to go but isn't that why Tellez is there too? LGJr will not be the team's future 1Ber so why do this to him?

Gurriel is likely a future super utility player. That is why they did it to him.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Gurriel is likely a future super utility player. That is why they did it to him.
    Maybe, but why not play him everyday at 2nd for a while and what's there? He could then play the other spots to give other guys a day off.

I'm not sure Gurriel's defense is good enough for him to be a super utility player. He's downright bad at 2B and SS.

I cant believe they demoted Gurriel and brought up Sogard. Are you effing kidding me? If not Vladdy or Bo (who has struggled out of the gate) why not Biggio? He's the reigning EL MVP and he's raking right now. Pretty sure service time is no longer an issue, so stop screwing around with guys like Brito, Hanson and Sogard and bring up Vladdy and Biggio.

Meh. We're scoring runs now at least. I'd like to lose every game 8-9 from bullpen collapses in a perfect world.

I'm OK with the kids getting additional seasoning in the minors. I'm not watching the games at this point anyways.

I cant believe they demoted Gurriel and brought up Sogard. Are you effing kidding me? If not Vladdy or Bo (who has struggled out of the gate) why not Biggio? He's the reigning EL MVP and he's raking right now. Pretty sure service time is no longer an issue, so stop screwing around with guys like Brito, Hanson and Sogard and bring up Vladdy and Biggio.
    Agree at the very minimum Biggio should be up and Gurriel should not be sent down - I thought Montoyo was supposed to be this genius working with young players, guess not. Atkins is an idiot with no plan, he's playing the whole thing by ear.

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    Agree at the very minimum Biggio should be up and Gurriel should not be sent down - I thought Montoyo was supposed to be this genius working with young players, guess not. Atkins is an idiot with no plan, he's playing the whole thing by ear.
    I agree I think that the move should have been to swap gurriel and biggio.

The silver lining is all the kids are having a good time owning AAA and developing TOGETHER before all the pressure of a country and the an MLB career rains down on them.