Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 721 of 728 FirstFirst ... 221621671711719720721722723 ... LastLast
Results 10,801 to 10,815 of 10917
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderdan22 View Post
    Oh it definitely is. I think the 4 million sent to Oakland seriously reduced the prospect haul though. Plus Luzardo is having an off year...perhaps missing development time due to Covid is factoring into this...so I also think Miami sold low on him too.
    Why would Miami Paying for Marte to play for OAK reduce the specs they received in the deal? If anything they should be receiving what amounts to 4M of prospect capital + Marte's value. Either a bad trade for them if that's what the market is like for a rental, unless they believe they can fix Luzardo.

I don't get the Gallo to the Yankees trade. I'm pissed right now

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    I don't get the Gallo to the Yankees trade. I'm pissed right now
    Seems like either there's a lack of Quality SP/RPs available and/or their cost is too high right now and teams and trying to outscore their opponents to the playoffs (Cruz-TB, Marte-OAK, Escobar-MIL, Gallo-NYY). Of the trades so far only the Astros have picked up some decent arms in Graveman and Garcia and SEA with a mediocre Anderson.

Going to start picking up now.

Quote Originally Posted by LechWalesa View Post
    Sorry, but none of what you said makes any sense. Why on earth would Miami sending money with Marte reduce the haul? Also, Marte is having a career year.
    Yeah, normally you send the cash to maintain the value of the player and the contract isn't a burden.

The Marlins sent cash so they could get Lazardo from the A's. The A's can't afford him, so they needed to sweeten the deal to get them to give up Lazardo. Foolish trade for the Marlins to add another arm like Lazardo for an expiring player like Marte. Their pitching staff is getting loaded. Jeter is no fool. He knows baseball is won and lost on the pitching mound in the playoffs. Between Alcantara, Sixto Sanchez, Rogers and Lazardo, Max Meyer and Edward Cabrera...they are starting to get loaded on the mound.

NOTE: I was about to write that we should trade for Marte to upgrade over LGJ or Grichuk yesterday, but then he went to Oakland.

If the Red Sox and/or Yankees are in on Scherzer, I think the Jays need to do whatever they can to make sure that doesn't happen. He is a bonified #1 SP who has been among the best in the league for the past 8 years. I know he likely wants to join the NL West arms race, but he would look pretty darn good at the top of our rotation along with Ray if they make it into a series.

Updated wish list:

1A- Kimbrel
    1B- Scherzer
    2- Donaldson

I think it will cost less in specs to get JD than Bryant or Jose Ramirez since he is still owed 50 million over 3 years after 2021. All the man does is go to the playoffs though, so I for 1 would love to have the bringer of rain back in Toronto. He's healthy and has been producing like an all-star (away from Minnesota at least). Put him in this lineup in the Rogers Center and I think he has a huge 2nd half. While everyone else fights over Bryant, bring back our former MVP to see if he can help us get back to the dance the next couple years. Groshans can't stay healthy and is at least another year away, Orelvis Martinez is a few years away and Austin Martin is more of a CF spec than a 3B/SS spec. I like Kevin Smith as a 3B prospect, but I don't think he is going to be a difference maker in a pennant race this year.

The Jays said they have the money to add, I say throw some around and give this fan base a few exciting months now that they are back home!!!

I still think you have to add. If you can create a similar trade deadline buzz to 2015 and have the homecoming, it would really increase the energy I think. No rentals though. Scherzer with an extension is target 1 and two controllable back of the bullpen arms.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I still think you have to add. If you can create a similar trade deadline buzz to 2015 and have the homecoming, it would really increase the energy I think. No rentals though. Scherzer with an extension is target 1 and two controllable back of the bullpen arms.
    Considering Scherzer is basically in the driver's seat with regards to his destination, I just don't see him being a realistic possibility. It's too bad.

Jays have acquired Brad Hand for Riley Adams.

Brad Hand

Brad Hand...great...

Sweet!!!!! This trade is a perfect start to the deadline. I just hope it isn't all we do.

Im fine with this trade.

Scherzer to Sox is the rumour. No point in adding more if they land him.

Oof yea thats a tough ask to beat them in that case

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Im fine with this trade.
    Yeah agreed. The type of low risk/high reward trade I have been advocating for.

I will say, I donít like the trade if we are now strapped with his deferred money.