Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 715 of 728 FirstFirst ... 215615665705713714715716717725 ... LastLast
Results 10,711 to 10,725 of 10917
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    A new ace would be foolish....but Rogers is the guy we need from Minn. I think the goal right now should be to go get Rogers and Kimbrel to put at the back end of the bullpen and make it WS worthy. Cruz would be a nice bonus, but Rogers is the biggest need atm.
    Yes, I agree. If Minny wants to do a full sell package, they might get something good. Send us Rogers, Berrios and Cruz.

Am I the only one thinking the time to trade Teoscar was in the offseason? The dude just made the all-star team and is under team control to 2024. He's basically established he's figured things out. I get his value has never been higher, but trading him makes this team worse unless you hate his defense that much.

Gurriel is the guy to move, if teams still want him.

Quote Originally Posted by LechWalesa View Post
    Am I the only one thinking the time to trade Teoscar was in the offseason? The dude just made the all-star team and is under team control to 2024. He's basically established he's figured things out. I get his value has never been higher, but trading him makes this team worse unless you hate his defense that much.

Gurriel is the guy to move, if teams still want him.
    I'm not really for trading Teoscar, but if you can get Cruz then flip Teoscar in a deal for controllable pitching, it could work.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    I'm not really for trading Teoscar, but if you can get Cruz then flip Teoscar in a deal for controllable pitching, it could work.

I guess it would depend on the return. I could see it if it was a TORP type... but I doubt anyone's trading one of those for Teoscar.

Watch today's game?

We need Cruz

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    Watch today's game?

We need Cruz
    After today's game I'd say we need more than Cruz. But its one game at the Trop... we know how well we tend to play there.

Mets trying to acquire Berrios and Donaldson arent they? If we want Berrios we have competition, especially since Twins may rather package with Donaldson.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Mets trying to acquire Berrios and Donaldson arent they? If we want Berrios we have competition, especially since Twins may rather package with Donaldson.
    I'd rather go after Kimbrel and Bryant of we are looking at a package deal. They are on expirng deals and there's not too many contenders buying 3B this year. I'd also target Jon Gray too add a other lost cost deliver and call it a trade deadline. That's a bit of a dream wish list but 1 SP, 2 RP and a 3B are needed if they want to really compete

I'd rather go after Kimbrel and Bryant of we are looking at a package deal. They are on expirng deals and there's not too many contenders buying 3B this year. I'd also target Jon Gray too add a other lost cost deliver and call it a trade deadline. That's a bit of a dream wish list but 1 SP, 2 RP and a 3B are needed if they want to really compete

Iíve grown to feel not 100% against a deal like this. Iím waiting right until the TDL before deciding on any of these trades if Iím Atkins. Every game gives us a clearer picture of how close we are to contending.

I donít think Iíd want to add major rentals unless we are in the WC. Even one game out and it could be a major mistake.

As much as I want Kimbrel and Bryant is this team even ready to compete? so many question marks right now

As much as I want Kimbrel and Bryant is this team even ready to compete? so many question marks right now
    They will flirt with 500 all year. The only deals that make sense are the ones that will have long term benefit to the team.

As for trading TH, if it makes sense for the long term success of the team. In 90 everyone was upset when when McGriff and Fernandez were flipped for Carter and Alomar. That worked out rather well. I'd even trade Vlad if the deal was right (as I think a 22 with weight control issues already in today's modern world of sports nutrition science will go the way of Prince Fielder sooner than later).

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic98 View Post
    When should they have traded him? Last season when they were attempting and made the play-offs? Or in the off season where they signed expensive players and needed a low cost LHB in the line up.

Was his value higher at the end of the season. Sure. Was he going to fetch more than what we just got? Maybe, maybe not. How many other teams needed a 1B, who is a poor fielder and had 6 weeks of great hitting. He had similar value to what we got.

With hindsight or self perceived value it's easy to think we could get more in any deal or we should deal them all now. That's not how GMs operate, unless they are going to rebuild, tank or have financial issues.

From what I've seen, you come to post once a week or so, typically after a Jays loss or when they make a deal to take a crap on the Jays/their front office. In this instance knowing our 550k 1B/DH wouldn't hit this year like he did last year.

I don't recall one positive post of yours even though they are 3 games back of a WC. Perhaps we should deal Vladdy now too, as his value will never be greater and he's at 560K contract.

Would this be trolling or gaslighting. I kind of get them confused with your posts.
    I'm sorry that I have more important things to do than post every five minutes on a baseball forum.

I'm sorry that you can't handle that I am critical of the GM. Other than building a farm system, what has he really accomplished yet? He turned the entire 2016 Jays into TH and a bag of balls so far.

I'm sorry that I'm not spending 52 hours a day on fan graphs. I've watched a lot of baseball. This team right now reminds me of the 89 Jays. Talent there but the roster really needs a lot of fine tuning.

The worst part is that I actually hope that you are right and I am wrong about Shatkins ability. But there is a reason Shakins was run out of Cleveland and a better GM was needed to finish the job.

I also believe if you read the first thing I did say in my original post was "good deal". I will be positive about what I see is positive. So I will always call it as I see it.

I'm definitely not trolling and I think you should really have a hard look into what gaslighting actually is.
    Last edited by Spiderdan22; 07-10-2021 at 04:15 PM.

I don't know, their Pythagorean record is 50-35 and they have the seventh best run differential in baseball. Shore up the BP and the left side defense and they should be able to compete

I don't know, their Pythagorean record is 50-35 and they have the seventh best run differential in baseball. Shore up the BP and the left side defense and they should be able to compete

Should have won doesn't help the standings. Assuming that they will need about 95 wins to get into the playoffs, that mean they need to win 51 of their next 76 games. So, a 500 team is suddenly going to have to play 670 ball for the rest of the season. There is potential but they aren't ready to compete yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderdan22 View Post
    Should have won doesn't help the standings. Assuming that they will need about 95 wins to get into the playoffs, that mean they need to win 51 of their next 76 games. So, a 500 team is suddenly going to have to play 670 ball for the rest of the season. There is potential but they aren't ready to compete yet.
    Yes, I understand hoy pythagorean works. I was merely pointing out that this team is better then their record indicates and has an a elite level offense. Couple that with starting to get some pitchers back off the IL, it's not a far stretch to say this team can contend with some additions to the back end of the BP and 3B help. If we ar