Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 713 of 728 FirstFirst ... 213613663703711712713714715723 ... LastLast
Results 10,681 to 10,695 of 10917
    I think Richards is a good get, guy was originally in the Rays system and they're always good bets. Francis has a low GB% which probably won't play well in the AL East, but there have been others low GB pitchers do well here so, who knows.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

I wonder if other teams have interest in Samad Taylor. He's having a breakout year in NH.

Quote Originally Posted by LechWalesa View Post
    I wonder if other teams have interest in Samad Taylor. He's having a breakout year in NH.
    There's a few guys that are going to have to be moved or we'll lose them in the rule 5. They're going to have to make a decision at C soon, too.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

I think people should be happy they were able to get anything done right now before the draft. Last night sucked, but they need to win this series and then play TB again. This time we make the trade for bullpen help. Hopefully it pays off in that series.

Unless we can win like 8+ of the 10 games against the Red Sox right after the ASG, they are playing for second place. So the games against TB from here on out are the most important. They are a lefty loaded lineup, so getting a lefty killer to help out Mayza is a great move...imo. Not to mention if they do get in they may need to play TB in the WC.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    I think people should be happy they were able to get anything done right now before the draft. Last night sucked, but they need to win this series and then play TB again. This time we make the trade for bullpen help. Hopefully it pays off in that series.

Unless we can win like 8+ of the 10 games against the Red Sox right after the ASG, they are playing for second place. So the games against TB from here on out are the most important. They are a lefty loaded lineup, so getting a lefty killer to help out Mayza is a great move...imo. Not to mention if they do get in they may need to play TB in the WC.
    Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic98 View Post
    LOL. When should they have had traded him and when was his value sky high? Fells like someone trolling.
    Explain where I said he had sky high value? I also believe I said he should have been dealt last year so maybe take the time to read the post. Explain how my opinion that Shatkins consistently holds onto assets for too long before trading them leading to many sell low(er) situations in the last five years is trolling? Seems like someone is trolling and it certainly isn't me.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderdan22 View Post
    Explain where I said he had sky high value? I also believe I said he should have been dealt last year so maybe take the time to read the post. Explain how my opinion that Shatkins consistently holds onto assets for too long before trading them leading to many sell low(er) situations in the last five years is trolling? Seems like someone is trolling and it certainly isn't me.
    When should they have traded him? Last season when they were attempting and made the play-offs? Or in the off season where they signed expensive players and needed a low cost LHB in the line up.

Was his value higher at the end of the season. Sure. Was he going to fetch more than what we just got? Maybe, maybe not. How many other teams needed a 1B, who is a poor fielder and had 6 weeks of great hitting. He had similar value to what we got.

With hindsight or self perceived value it's easy to think we could get more in any deal or we should deal them all now. That's not how GMs operate, unless they are going to rebuild, tank or have financial issues.

From what I've seen, you come to post once a week or so, typically after a Jays loss or when they make a deal to take a crap on the Jays/their front office. In this instance knowing our 550k 1B/DH wouldn't hit this year like he did last year.

I don't recall one positive post of yours even though they are 3 games back of a WC. Perhaps we should deal Vladdy now too, as his value will never be greater and he's at 560K contract.

Would this be trolling or gaslighting. I kind of get them confused with your posts.
    Last edited by Chaotic98; 07-08-2021 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Do you think at some point Tellez could have gotten you a player like Scherzer or Bryant? Even those stats that hanton posted aren't very good .250/.309/.477 isn't going to get you much. I mean, in '16 he probably could have been a nice addition to a package for a top end rental but I can't see teams giving up too much for a one dimensional player
    My point exactly. He wasn't a top 100 prospect. Wasn't our top spec after the farm purge of 2015. With us, he's a AAAA player. what we got for him was a fair/good deal. He's also someone who could have used a change of scenery and I could see him break out. Just didn't see that here.

Either some of us are over-valuating his value or I am undervaluing what a 1B/DH with poor to ave stats can bring.

Either way, we will be busy up to the trade deadline with all our Cs and next year's rule 5 eligible players (unless we add them to the 40 man roster at the expense of FA's and other players). I can see one or 2 of Tugs, Jansen, Adams or Kirk dealt for the right piece, as well as LGJ, Espinal/Biggio and Grich to shore up 3B and RP. Hatch is back, Borucki and Kirk seem close and Merryweather to follow which will help us sooner than later.

Rumors about Nelson Cruz, bring him on

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    Rumors about Nelson Cruz, bring him on
    Might need to move an OF as the 4 of them have rotated through the DH spot. But if you include one of them in a big deal for a controllable SP, Nelson Cruz would slot in really nicely as a full time DH...

When should they have traded him? Last season when they were attempting and made the play-offs? Or in the off season where they signed expensive players and needed a low cost LHB in the line up.

Was his value higher at the end of the season. Sure. Was he going to fetch more than what we just got? Maybe, maybe not. How many other teams needed a 1B, who is a poor fielder and had 6 weeks of great hitting. He had similar value to what we got.

With hindsight or self perceived value it's easy to think we could get more in any deal or we should deal them all now. That's not how GMs operate, unless they are going to rebuild, tank or have financial issues.

From what I've seen, you come to post once a week or so, typically after a Jays loss or when they make a deal to take a crap on the Jays/their front office. In this instance knowing our 550k 1B/DH wouldn't hit this year like he did last year.

I don't recall one positive post of yours even though they are 3 games back of a WC. Perhaps we should deal Vladdy now too, as his value will never be greater and he's at 560K contract.

Would this be trolling or gaslighting. I kind of get them confused with your posts.
    I think itís fair to say tellezís stock is at the lowest point it has been while with the jays. I also think itís fair to say that we have seen this pattern with this FO. The trade market and asset management is not their strength.

Regardless I think we are all ok with the trade given tellezís current value. I think tellez will go on to have a great career. Ive always expected him to take a while to adjust to the ML, and always hoped it would happen with the jays, but sort of expected him to bounce around the league while he figures it out. Good luck to him!

My point exactly. He wasn't a top 100 prospect. Wasn't our top spec after the farm purge of 2015. With us, he's a AAAA player. what we got for him was a fair/good deal. He's also someone who could have used a change of scenery and I could see him break out. Just didn't see that here.

Either some of us are over-valuating his value or I am undervaluing what a 1B/DH with poor to ave stats can bring.

Either way, we will be busy up to the trade deadline with all our Cs and next year's rule 5 eligible players (unless we add them to the 40 man roster at the expense of FA's and other players). I can see one or 2 of Tugs, Jansen, Adams or Kirk dealt for the right piece, as well as LGJ, Espinal/Biggio and Grich to shore up 3B and RP. Hatch is back, Borucki and Kirk seem close and Merryweather to follow which will help us sooner than later.
    Yeah I pretty much agree with this post. Though I doubt we see roster pieces shipped out at the deadline. Iím expecting more minor additions as that seems to be the way this FO operates.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Might need to move an OF as the 4 of them have rotated through the DH spot. But if you include one of them in a big deal for a controllable SP, Nelson Cruz would slot in really nicely as a full time DH...
    Even if you move an OFer you still have 4 when Dickerson gets healthy. I think we'll see some of the rule 5 eligible minor leaguers traded.
    At AA, our system has Vinny Capra, age 24, 97 abs, .373/.441/.651/1.092, Samad Taylor, age 22, .303/.393/.567/.961, Otto Lopez, age 22, .350/.404/.450/.895
    At AAA we have Kevin Smith, age 25, .265/.370/.547/.917, Riley Adams, age 25, .250/.395/.559/.954, Josh Palacios age 25, .300/.440/.400/.840, Richard Urena, age 25, .287/.331/.507.838, and a few more.

We have a strong pool of minor leaguers to trade without touching our stud prospects, which I'm not opposed to trading one or two if the return is big enough, (ie: Groshans). I just don't want to see Moreno, Martin, SWR traded under any circumstances.

Would be interesting. Not sure how much Cruz would cost as there are limited teams that could use/would deal for a DH only player. Rays, A's and maybe NYY might be interested in him.

Now if we could include a Berrios and/or Rogers for some of our specs and players, I'd be all for it.
    Last edited by Chaotic98; 07-08-2021 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Yeah I pretty much agree with this post. Though I doubt we see roster pieces shipped out at the deadline. Iím expecting more minor additions as that seems to be the way this FO operates.
    I can see them do minor and mid level. Last year we got Walker, Stripling and Ray. We signed Top FA's in Semien and Springer this year.

The only deals they haven't made was for an elite player through trades, but they haven't mismanaged their assets thus far (Stripling trade might be the only one which can come back to bite us).