Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 712 of 728 FirstFirst ... 212612662702710711712713714722 ... LastLast
Results 10,666 to 10,680 of 10917
  1. #10666
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Omnipresent
    Posts
    1,059
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderdan22 View Post
    It's a good deal but still another example of Shatkins holding onto an asset too long. It was easy to see which way the wind was blowing for Tellez and his future with the team. He should have been moved last year when his value was higher.
    LOL. When should they have had traded him and when was his value sky high? Fells like someone trolling.

  2. #10667
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    3,228
    They traded Tellez at his lowest value - that's the point

  3. #10668
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    12,624
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderdan22 View Post
    It's a good deal but still another example of Shatkins holding onto an asset too long. It was easy to see which way the wind was blowing for Tellez and his future with the team. He should have been moved last year when his value was higher.
    He played 35 games last year.

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  4. #10669
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    12,624
    Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    They traded Tellez at his lowest value - that's the point
    Tellez never really had much value is also the point. The guy has a career .241/.301/.458 slash line, an OPS of .748 and a wRC+ of 98. He's also limited to one position. No team was going to offer more anything of value for him based off a 35 game sample

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  5. #10670
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    3,228
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Tellez never really had much value is also the point. The guy has a career .241/.301/.458 slash line, an OPS of .748 and a wRC+ of 98. He's also limited to one position. No team was going to offer more anything of value for him based off a 35 game sample

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Oh I know, in terms of his value we traded him at the worst time, so based on that the return was ok.

  6. #10671
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    14,936
    Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    Oh I know, in terms of his value we traded him at the worst time, so based on that the return was ok.
    I think the point is that at the best time to trade him, there is a negligible difference in the return now.

  7. #10672
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    3,228
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I think the point is that at the best time to trade him, there is a negligible difference in the return now.
    I doubt that.



    Anyway I'm really eager to see what else Atkins does moving forward, Bo at SS is an issue that needs to be addressed. Bullpen will get better, Hatch was just activated.

  8. #10673
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    14,139
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Richards has dominated lefties this year with that change up, but the gem in that trade could easily turn out to be Francis. Ive seen 60 grades on his FB and 60/65 grades on his slider. He is also 6'5 and regularly throwing 5-7 innings in AAA. So he is ready for a look at any time.
    I guess that will come in handy if we ever face a lineup with 3 straight lefties.

  9. #10674
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    14,139
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    What do you think they could have gotten last year? Solid BP arm with 4 years of control and a AAA starter performing well is a nice haul.
    Yeah Iím not complaining. Would just like to see more top end BP pieces emerge because having all these guys on the 40 man isnít sustainable.

  10. #10675
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    14,139
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic98 View Post
    LOL. When should they have had traded him and when was his value sky high? Fells like someone trolling.
    Should have traded him in 2016 imoÖ not trying to start something but Iíve said this many times before.

  11. #10676
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    14,139
    Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    I doubt that.



    Anyway I'm really eager to see what else Atkins does moving forward, Bo at SS is an issue that needs to be addressed. Bullpen will get better, Hatch was just activated.
    Yeah there was a time when his value was a top end rental. Definitely sold low on him, but the return is fair given his low current value. I donít think anyone is complaint about the trade, just dreaming of what could have been. Interested to see how this helps. Montoyo must be happy.

  12. #10677
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    3,228
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Yeah there was a time when his value was a top end rental. Definitely sold low on him, but the return is fair given his low current value. I donít think anyone is complaint about the trade, just dreaming of what could have been. Interested to see how this helps. Montoyo must be happy.
    maybe Richards instead of Thornton.

    I don't know much about Richards but from the video that I saw he's strictly a low leverage reliever, he was also a throw in in the TB/MIA trade a couple of years ago

  13. #10678
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    12,624
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Yeah there was a time when his value was a top end rental. Definitely sold low on him, but the return is fair given his low current value. I donít think anyone is complaint about the trade, just dreaming of what could have been. Interested to see how this helps. Montoyo must be happy.
    Do you think at some point Tellez could have gotten you a player like Scherzer or Bryant? Even those stats that hanton posted aren't very good .250/.309/.477 isn't going to get you much. I mean, in '16 he probably could have been a nice addition to a package for a top end rental but I can't see teams giving up too much for a one dimensional player

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  14. #10679
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    14,139
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Do you think at some point Tellez could have gotten you a player like Scherzer or Bryant? Even those stats that hanton posted aren't very good .250/.309/.477 isn't going to get you much. I mean, in '16 he probably could have been a nice addition to a package for a top end rental but I can't see teams giving up too much for a one dimensional player

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Yeah Iím referring to 2016 like a dick. Thatís all.

  15. #10680
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    12,624
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Yeah Iím referring to 2016 like a dick. Thatís all.
    Lol

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •