Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

All Horford's Return

Its obvious Al isn't 100%. Can't wait until he is. Hawks maybe a 3 or 4 seed this year?

They should look to move him while he has trade value and before he gets injured again.

Quote Originally Posted by FS8 View Post
    They should look to move him while he has trade value and before he gets injured again.
    I don't see that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by M.I.A. View Post
    I don't see that happening.
    Why not? Because you don't think they can get back fair value or cause the Hawks consider him unotouchable?

Why not? Because you don't think they can get back fair value or cause the Hawks consider him unotouchable?
    The Hawks are comfortable with him and his contract. Hawks don't like to spend money so I doubt they would shop him for somebody more expensive.

The Hawks are comfortable with him and his contract. Hawks don't like to spend money so I doubt they would shop him for somebody more expensive.
    What about traing him for a PG from PHX +pick. PHX med staff can prolly fix up Horford in no time.

What about traing him for a PG from PHX +pick. PHX med staff can prolly fix up Horford in no time.
    Nah. They aint going to give us either Dragic or Thomas for him. I would make that trade if they would, though, in a heartbeat. Teague is good and getting better but Dragic or Thomas would solidify our backcourt.

But if Schroder keeps playing great off the bench helping Teague carry the load at PG I doubt the Hawks would do it.

All Horford's Return

Al isn't going anywhere. The Hawks actually have a chance to make a run in the playoffs this year. I'd say Teague will be traded next year to make way for Schroeder.
    Smart Person List: BRAVE KID, Beldugo, flea, Jeffy25

Quote Originally Posted by thomass View Post
    Al isn't going anywhere. The Hawks actually have a chance to make a run in the playoffs this year. I'd say Teague will be traded next year to make way for Schroeder.
    I agree. The Hawks are one of those "comfortable" ownerships and as long as they are "comfortable" with a player they aren't going to trade him. We got rid of Smith way back when because the owners told him to stick his demands up his rear end.

Teague or Schroder will most likely be traded. Unfortunately they'll probably keep the worse of the 2. Typical Atlanta Spirit ownership thinking. They'll keep whoever they think will cost them less money in the future. Which is why we'll never have a superstar on the Hawks team. These guys aren't going to give anybody a max contract.

The Hawks shopped him last season so he is not considered untouchable. You can google the rumors. I agree with you, however AL has been a fan fav in Atl for most of this forum since his rookie season.

Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    The Hawks shopped him last season so he is not considered untouchable. You can google the rumors. I agree with you, however AL has been a fan fav in Atl for most of this forum since his rookie season.
    Well, he has been our best player for sure.

As far as a trade package to PHX.......

IMHO...... If the Hawks are to trade Al, With Milsap being a FA at seasons end, I think it would be toward a rebuilding phase. Having JT and Dennis on the roster and the top player in this years draft being Muiday being a pg, If they are planning to start over I don't see much interest in Drogic ( no matter how much I like him) or Thomas. If there is a trade to be made I would think the Hawks would be interested in something like a package of Green or Warren, a long with Alex Len and the Suns 2015 or 16 pick along with the rights to the Lakers pick that the SUns own.

Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    As far as a trade package to PHX.......

IMHO...... If the Hawks are to trade Al, With Milsap being a FA at seasons end, I think it would be toward a rebuilding phase. Having JT and Dennis on the roster and the top player in this years draft being Muiday being a pg, If they are planning to start over I don't see much interest in Drogic ( no matter how much I like him) or Thomas. If there is a trade to be made I would think the Hawks would be interested in something like a package of Green or Warren, a long with Alex Len and the Suns 2015 or 16 pick along with the rights to the Lakers pick that the SUns own.
    I could deal with that though I doubt PHX would do it.

Well, he has been our best player for sure.
    No he has not! Most consistent WHEN HEALTHY, Yes!

Al Has been a very good player for the Hawks, Heck an All-star! And very consistent over his time in Atlanta. But every year he has been here you can point to one player on the Hawks that has out played him. So he hasnt been our best player at any point.
    Last edited by SB75; 11-14-2014 at 01:37 PM.

I could deal with that though I doubt PHX would do it.
    I personally think the one part they would be hesitant about is the Lakers pick. And If I'm the Hawks Thats the one must!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast