Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

CP3 vs. Kidd & Nash

So I'm having a heated conversation with this dude on Facebook about Chris Paul vs. Jason Kidd and Steve Nash. My argument is that Paul isn't on the level Kidd and Nash were in their primes, especially how they were able to lead their teams and make their teammates better. Now to be fair, Kidd and Nash probably had a better supporting cast but my question is, what are your opinions when comparing Paul to the two future HOFers? Is he on their level? Is he already better than them? You can talk about individual skills and intangibles. Thanks.

I like to think cp3 is better than both but I just hate how he hasn't done more with his cast in la. I mean, it's pretty solid.

I'd rather Chris Paul, he has all of the strengths that made each of those guys great and none of the weakness's. Offensively he runs the point almost as well as Nash did, Nash was a little bit better on that end mostly because of his shooting and court-vision but it's close, while Paul is obviously miles better defensively then Nash ever was. While Paul offensively is significantly better then Kidd at breaking down defenses and running an offense, and both are all-time great defenders for the pg position even if Paul doesn't always get recognized as one.

on their level? yes,easily;better? its debatable.when we were doing the all time list i posted my thoughts that he was in that group of 2nd/3rd tier all time great pgs in which i can go any order on

I don't think that he's better than either them. Could he end up being better? Yeah, it's a possibility. He's probably more well-rounded than either, but there just seems to be something missing from his game imo. Can't pinpoint it, but I guess the eye test (which I don't swear by by any means) just doesn't let me think he's better than them.

better than both

If he went to the Lakers then yes he would have been a HOF
    LAKERS
    PACKERS
    DODGERS
    FC BARCELONA
    USC TROJANS

He's not better than them. Paul's supporting cast in LA is way better than anything Kidd ever had. Nash had some talented teams so its more comparable. But Paul just doesn't make his team better the way those guys did, he doesn't absolutely dominate his opponents the way those guys did. He has the skills to do it, but not the mentality. Nash was obviously a garbage defender, but he still impacted the game sooooo much more offensively. Paul has still only made it out of the 1st round like once, until he fixes that, he will never make it to their level
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Nash in his prime is probably the most efficient point guard (offensively) that has ever graced the court.

CP3 is more well rounded than both. In fact he might be the most well rounded PG in a couple of decades... possibly ever.

But give me Nash at his peak over CP3.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose17 View Post
    Nash in his prime is probably the most efficient point guard (offensively) that has ever graced the court.

CP3 is more well rounded than both. In fact he might be the most well rounded PG in a couple of decades... possibly ever.

But give me Nash at his peak over CP3.

This.

Of the 3 I would put Chris Paul third. Kidd has a ring and Nash was a back to back league MVP. It might be because of the offenses he's been in but his career is not quite at the level that Kidd and Nash reached.

Paul is probably the most talented of the 3 but as of right now I'd take kidd 1 nash 2 paul 3. Idk why a lot of people on PSD were saying cp3 was better than nash and kidd and was at the level of isiah Thomas smh Kidd led his teams to two finals and at least nash has gotten to conference finals before. Cp3 cant even get out of the 2nd round
    Last edited by YAALREADYKNO; 11-19-2014 at 10:29 AM.

I would still pick Kidd over both of them. Out of those 3 he is the only one that is able to affect the game without scoring. Just look at the Nets when he got traded there.

Best poster on PSD Douglas

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    He's not better than them. Paul's supporting cast in LA is way better than anything Kidd ever had. Nash had some talented teams so its more comparable. But Paul just doesn't make his team better the way those guys did, he doesn't absolutely dominate his opponents the way those guys did. He has the skills to do it, but not the mentality. Nash was obviously a garbage defender, but he still impacted the game sooooo much more offensively. Paul has still only made it out of the 1st round like once, until he fixes that, he will never make it to their level
    2011 Dallas mavericks was a pretty good cast eh?

In term of versatility, CP3 is no doubt the superior one. Kidd and Nash were more of transcendent passers, whereas CP3 can both score and facilitate.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast