Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Do you think the Kings should win the appeal?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 45.45%
  • NO

12 54.55%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Sacramento Kings appeal loss to Grizzlies

What do you guys think about this? Do you think that the Kings have a legit shot at winning this appeal?

I personally think they should win this appeal, not that they deserved to win after blowing a 26 point lead. However, rules are rules. Even if Hollins didnt touch the in bound pass, which it does look like he did even though its slight, the clock did not start until after the ball had already left Lee's hand so the shot should not have counted.

Now i know that being a Kings fan you guys will probably just say that i'm being a homer or a sore loser. But if it were your team in the exact same position, what would you want to happen or how would you judge?

so just wondering if you think the Kings will win the appeal or not? and please give reasons as to why you vote either way....

whens the last time this happened and has it ever been overturned?? I gotta say I didn't even know this was an option.

I didn't know there was an issue. Looked good to me.

every team has been screwed. I would be shocked if they overturned the result

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

the last time an appeal was won was back in 2007 for the maimi heat vs the hawks. Shaq was wrongfully fouled out of the game after being charged with his 5th foul the scores people ****ed it up and said that he had 6 with a minute left in a close game that miami eventually lost.

they won there appeal and replayed the last minute of the game following there next game against atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    every team has been screwed. I would be shocked if they overturned the result
    i agree that every team has been screwed BUT isnt that the reason for the replay system, to avoid mistakes like this?

here is a link for proof as to why they got the call wrong

http://uproxx.com/sports/2014/11/the...and-heres-why/

I'm not a Kings fan, but they were definately robbed. No way can that shot get off with 0.3 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by jeb4056 View Post
    I'm not a Kings fan, but they were definately robbed. No way can that shot get off with 0.3 seconds.
    And it's not only that. Hollins clearly god a piece of the ball on the inbound. It should have been a King's W.

I thought there was some kind of rule that the least amount of time that a player can catch and shoot was .4 seconds and I think this got brought up in the playoffs 2004 I believe when Derek Fisher hit that shot at the end of the game with .4 second left to beat the Spurs. Could be wrong about the rule tho

Your baby can't do this

The Kings are 100% correct, but nothing will happen

by rule, you can only do a "tip-in" if there is less than .4 seconds left. This was clearly not a tip in, it should not have couldn't, refs ****ed up
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    The Kings are 100% correct, but nothing will happen

by rule, you can only do a "tip-in" if there is less than .4 seconds left. This was clearly not a tip in, it should not have couldn't, refs ****ed up
    The only way the Kings win this appeal is if Ryan Hollins indeed did tip the inbound. But as far as Courtney Lee's shot, it's good. "The Trent Tucker Rule" is .3 seconds NOT .4

By rule you can catch and shoot with .3, anything less than than must be a tip in. Counting human reaction to start the clock plus the trent tucker rule, Lee's shot is good.

NOW THE INBOUND TIP IS ANOTHER STORY.
    Kings of New York

WELCOME TO PLANET ORANGE & BLUE

I wish the kings won that game, but I think they legit lost. Its close. Thing is, if the ball didn't even change its rotation (according link in post 6), much less trajectory, how can you be so sure that Hollins got a piece of it on the inbound?

Also, the reverse, he was midreverse already when he caught it. Seems to me he got it off in time.

I could be missing something, or some kinda angle I didn't see, I don't know, but from what I've seen I don't see any good reason to change it.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I wish the kings won that game, but I think they legit lost. Its close. Thing is, if the ball didn't even change its rotation (according link in post 6), much less trajectory, how can you be so sure that Hollins got a piece of it on the inbound?

Also, the reverse, he was midreverse already when he caught it. Seems to me he got it off in time.

I could be missing something, or some kinda angle I didn't see, I don't know, but from what I've seen I don't see any good reason to change it.
    Unless the Kings have a clear video evidence that Hollins tip the inbound, they lost. By rule Courtney lee's shot is good.
    Kings of New York

WELCOME TO PLANET ORANGE & BLUE

Did Hollins tip it? Clock should have started then surely?

Absolutely will not change it.
    1.The tip from Hollins - even if it did actually occur - is pretty much impossible to see and can't be definitively overturned. In his ultra zoom still it looks like it might indeed have touched, but that could also just be the angle. Too tough to tell.
    2. Humans are not quick enough to start/stop a timer down to the hundredth of a second or even a tenth in most occasions. Hence the "Tucker rule" for 3 tenths (this exact situation). Already being mid-air and getting rid of the ball almost immediately is the definition of what the rule is made for. Even by his own analysis, the author of this article concedes that it could have been 0.4 tenths of a second, where at 0.3 you could technically be at 0.39 tenths. Pretty much impossible to be that precise.
    3. On a personal note, **** the Kings. I would have never had the audacity to blow that monster lead, have NOBODY IN THE PAINT FOR THE FINAL SHOT while he takes his open oop, and then try to find the most menial ways to challenge the game and try to snake out of it.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast