Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 69 of 72 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1069
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim Tubby View Post
    It's hard for a team to post positive defensive stats and ratings when your QB is constantly putting his defense back on the field with terrible turnovers. I'd be curious to know what the average starting field position was for TB opponents in 2019.
    Very true. Jameis Winston probably should have won defensive player of the year. There probably isn't a player in the NFL that helped out defenses more.
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

Quote Originally Posted by nasthemasta View Post
    Their defense actually played very well down the stretch last year. I read they gave up the fewest points in the NFL over the last 6 weeks of the season.
    It does look like some of their good defensive games did come late which I wasn't aware of but not sure that puts them into a top tier either though when the rest of the year was inconsistent (as they were more average overall). I would guess even though they let in 29th most ppg the Winston issues played a part too so don't get me wrong but this is not some all around top tier team that can't be beat.

The initial comment being responded to was "We might as well tank. Nobody beating TB next year..." and someone saying they weren't all that then a response they are pretty good and Jameis was holding them back (I agree he was but this doesn't put them in unbeatable territory) . Brady and Gronk on a good offense can make them elite/top of the league possibly on one side of the ball now but that defense isn't there too. I could see an argument the offense might be the best but that defense is not so it makes them possible to beat.

So when I am saying that, realize it is in the context of TB being unstoppable. I even followed it up with someone else saying "I think they will be good as well but not "might as well tank, nobody beating TB next year" good. I think there is a reason the odds makers don't see them that way.
    Last edited by mngopher35; 05-12-2020 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Tubby View Post
    It's hard for a team to post positive defensive stats and ratings when your QB is constantly putting his defense back on the field with terrible turnovers. I'd be curious to know what the average starting field position was for TB opponents in 2019.
    Looks like it was the 31.7, worst in the NFL according to football outsiders. Granted most are between 27-30 so it isn't too drastic but also probably some pick 6's being included in points against per game as well.

Looking around it seems like their defense actually was even a little better than average which is what I had been thinking. Outsiders has them ranked 11th DSR for defense.

So a 7-9 team subtracts a 5,000 yard passer with a propensity for interceptions and adds a 900 yr old QB who showed his age last year....what else did they do that results in unstoppable?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    So a 7-9 team subtracts a 5,000 yard passer with a propensity for interceptions and adds a 900 yr old QB who showed his age last year....what else did they do that results in unstoppable?
    He was still good last year even with the subpar group of pass catchers NE had though. Now he has Mike Evans, Chris Godwin and Gronk as his main 3 pass catchers. That's a massive improvement. He will also turn the ball over farrrrrrrrrr less than Jameis did.

The one thing to keep in mind is that Arians runs a complex offense so one might expect TB to start slow, kind of like Favre did with us in 09. I compare this team to the 09 Vikes. Talented overall team just needing the right QB to possibly take them over the hump. I'm not saying they are unbeatable (I'd guess 11-5), but I just have a hard time seeing us compete unless we have some young guys step up. Particularly on the OL & DL. All our games we lost last year was because we got destroyed in the trenches.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    The one thing to keep in mind is that Arians runs a complex offense so one might expect TB to start slow, kind of like Favre did with us in 09. I compare this team to the 09 Vikes. Talented overall team just needing the right QB to possibly take them over the hump. I'm not saying they are unbeatable (I'd guess 11-5), but I just have a hard time seeing us compete unless we have some young guys step up. Particularly on the OL & DL. All our games we lost last year was because we got destroyed in the trenches.
    Gotcha and this is kinda how I see them too in a sense so not far off.

If we wanna say you fear them even like kc who just won or Balt who looked like top team until one playoff game... Alright I can see putting them in the upper tier of teams just not like head and shoulders above the rest/we need to tank and so on.

11-5 with a decent chance to win it all like other elite teams? Absolutely would agree that seems possible given what we see on paper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wasn't sure where to put this or who all would be interested, but I ran into these.......an hour of Vikings sacks and an hour of Vikings scoring plays...posted before the 2018 season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pcqy4Y8wqgg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHxaZUhD-RA

Just moved from Eden Prairie to Hawaii. Gonna be weird watching games at 7-8AM local time. I've watched a few games here before but I've been lucky to come during prime-time games, so it's been early afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post
    Just moved from Eden Prairie to Hawaii. Gonna be weird watching games at 7-8AM local time. I've watched a few games here before but I've been lucky to come during prime-time games, so it's been early afternoon.
    1. I'm jealous.

2. 7-8am starts would definitely be weird. Ive always thought it'd be weird living on the west coast and having games start at 10 and 1pm, and the SNF game being at 5pm. Hawaii takes those times to a whole new level haha.

my brother has been in Honolulu for a decade or so...another brother was on Maui for 20 (odd deal for Scandahoovians)...I go every Christmas lately, so understand the weirdness of Vikings games being done around noon, pregame starting at 4am, etc...weirdest to me is MNF being done late afternoon.........I'd see if you wanna connect with my brother, but he's an Eagles fan lol

He hadn't been going swimming that much in the past, as a daily exercise, but has been a lot during covid...even going to a beach near Waikiki that he'd RARELY go to.....he says the water is just amazingly clear right now and he had no idea how many fish were in the area........

I've gone there 4 holidays in a row, and each year we try to find things we haven't done yet. For example, if you haven't found the trails and lookout on Round Top, it's great..at the lookout you can stand in one place and see past Diamond Head on your left yet out past Pearl on your right. Trails aren't well traveled. Driving out past Pearl and onto the road to Makaha is interesting, too...beautiful beaches and basically zero tourists, because the locals don't really like haoles out there.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    my brother has been in Honolulu for a decade or so...another brother was on Maui for 20 (odd deal for Scandahoovians)...I go every Christmas lately, so understand the weirdness of Vikings games being done around noon, pregame starting at 4am, etc...weirdest to me is MNF being done late afternoon.........I'd see if you wanna connect with my brother, but he's an Eagles fan lol

He hadn't been going swimming that much in the past, as a daily exercise, but has been a lot during covid...even going to a beach near Waikiki that he'd RARELY go to.....he says the water is just amazingly clear right now and he had no idea how many fish were in the area........

I've gone there 4 holidays in a row, and each year we try to find things we haven't done yet. For example, if you haven't found the trails and lookout on Round Top, it's great..at the lookout you can stand in one place and see past Diamond Head on your left yet out past Pearl on your right. Trails aren't well traveled. Driving out past Pearl and onto the road to Makaha is interesting, too...beautiful beaches and basically zero tourists, because the locals don't really like haoles out there.
    That's awesome.

I've been here a handful of times and my wife went to school here for a bit and did her internship here, too, so we're pretty comfortable already. Still stuck inside for another week unfortunately.

The last game I watched here was 2019 against the Cowboys. I was surrounded by Cowboys fans at the Yard House (Waikiki) bar but we ended up buying a few rounds of shots, after some playful **** talking. It was a really good time. Made it much easier that we won.

We've done some hiking here before and I use the AllTrails app, which has come in pretty handy. Last year we did the backside hike of Stairway to Heaven with a local friend, damn near killed me. I'll have to check out the ones you mentioned.

If you're ever around for another holiday and want to get together to watch a game, let me know!

That's awesome.

I've been here a handful of times and my wife went to school here for a bit and did her internship here, too, so we're pretty comfortable already. Still stuck inside for another week unfortunately.

The last game I watched here was 2019 against the Cowboys. I was surrounded by Cowboys fans at the Yard House (Waikiki) bar but we ended up buying a few rounds of shots, after some playful **** talking. It was a really good time. Made it much easier that we won.

We've done some hiking here before and I use the AllTrails app, which has come in pretty handy. Last year we did the backside hike of Stairway to Heaven with a local friend, damn near killed me. I'll have to check out the ones you mentioned.

If you're ever around for another holiday and want to get together to watch a game, let me know!
    yeah id love to do that koko head hike, but my 64 yr old knees wouldn't .....my brother sends me exports from his alltrails app...pretty sweet it shows everywhere they hiked. He's in Manoa and there's a trail tourists don't know in a residential area I like...but I'd have to ask him where it is...lol....but those are places we seek out. Of course there are places like the hoomaluhia botanical gardens...odd to see a lake full of koi and surrounded by palms and monkey pods coming from the Midwest

I plan to go again this year...may buy my ticket this weekend while prices are low

I know it's a slow part of the season but sad to see this place fading out. Where else do you guys/girls post at?

Forums in general are tough to keep traffic on. I post here primarily because the forums at my own sports game site are so underutilized. GenXers and millenials, I guess, tend to prefer other social networking...but I miss the old days when forums were active and if I certain times available I could even drop into a chat room.

I'm sure as other sports open up and training camps open, the activity here will increase...the question being how much and how fast, like everything else.

I swear the term social distancing was put out there and far too many people took/take that as distancing themselves from ALL things social.............instead of just physical distancing as it should have been called.

We do have Vikings fans still coming around; perhaps we'd just be allowed to create a few more specific off topic threads to pass the time..........one I did at my site on occasion was simply- where'd ya get your username? But, could be things like what's your COVID experience been re work, how'd you pass your time, etc

Page 69 of 72 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 ... LastLast