Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 74 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TearsOfPurple View Post
    Have you guys seen Jarryd Hayne?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtgEme7IQAA&app=desktop

Ex-Rugby player, but apparently he's Rubgy's version of Adrian Peterson from what I heard when he was picked up by the 49ers. He looks phenomal, I hope the 49ers staff doesn't start him against us and Locke kicks it out of bounds.
    Ya I'm rooting for the guy too. Looks so like a natural out there and you can for sure see that rugby style of play.

He gave up a million a year just for a chance at the NFL
    Time for some hootenanny.

His returns you can really see the rugby in him the way he runs laterally. That said this feels an awful lot like when they tried to convert cricket bowlers into baseball pitchers from India. Hopefully it works out for the kid.

If the cubs dont win a world series this year it will be next year. They are young and gelling

Jared Allen - DL - Panthers
    Sep 28 - 4:34 PM

Panthers acquired DE Jared Allen from the Bears in exchange for a conditional draft pick.

Allen's 134 career sacks lead all active players, but he's seen his play go off a cliff the past two seasons. The fact that he's been acquired for a conditional pick suggests the Panthers could still end up releasing him. The 33 year old will rotate in as a situational pass rusher for a defense that has seven sacks through its first three games.

Source: Jay Glazer on Twitter
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

If he is released I would look at bringing him back on the cheep to help with the DE rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by logan44 View Post
    If he is released I would look at bringing him back on the cheep to help with the DE rotation.
    Logan I love ya like a brother but no way we should look at Allen if he is cut.

V4LB-DIMGIM-VCU-CUBBY JOE AND GOINGFOR28

Quote Originally Posted by vikings4lifebro View Post
    Logan I love ya like a brother but no way we should look at Allen if he is cut.
    Maybe for the alumni game next year... He can blow the horn, or hell, become the new mascot!

I'd love for Allen to come back and be a backup DE. That'd be awesome.

Looks like the Bears are looking to unload more than just Allen....

Report: Winless Bears looking to trade players
    Sep 28 - 7:51 PM

ESPN's Dianna Marie Russini reports the Bears are "looking to unload players that don't fit their scheme" who are left over from the previous regime.

ESPN Bears reporter Jeff Dickerson mentioned Matt Forte and Alshon Jeffery as players GM Ryan Pace should explore trading next after shipping DE Jared Allen to Carolina on Monday. There's little chance the Bears trade Jeffery; at least, we don't think Pace is that stupid. Jeffery is making near-minimum, and even though he's scheduled to be a free agent next spring, he's an ideal candidate for the franchise tag if there's no extension. Forte makes more sense. He'll be 30 in December, is in the final year of his contract, and would make for a prime sell-high candidate. Martellus Bennett could also generate some interest.

Source: Dianna Marie Russini on Twitter
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

Grumblings of Forte being available. Get him outta there!
    Time for some hootenanny.

All I was saying is that if he was cut and just sitting there. Why not try to sign him for really cheep as a situational pass rusher. I'm not saying we need to go get him at any cost. Part of my reasoning has to do with the injury on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    Looks like the Bears are looking to unload more than just Allen....

Report: Winless Bears looking to trade players
    Sep 28 - 7:51 PM
    If they are actually interested in trading Alshon Jeffery knowing that he has little interest in returning to the Bears - i think they kinda pissed him off with not being willing to negotiate with him & well the bears suck too. So if they are interested I would offer them Patterson, Johnson, & a good draft pick or two (not a 1st).

Gives us a true long term answer at WR & gives the bears picks in their rebuild & allows them time to see if they would like to keep patterson & johnson for the long term.

Wont happen though as the bears wont trade in division & vikings are still way too high on johnson & our current sad (outside of wallace) WR crew.

Even with the Bears two trades it is still rare for trades to go down and I can't see anything within the division ever really happening.

I'm back!!! Can I get a Skol Vikings if you remember me?

Page 11 of 74 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast