Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 65 of 69 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vikings4lifebro View Post
    So I see most of the people are going to get stimulus packages. Starting April 6
    I read something earlier today but not sure if it's been confirmed.
    $1200 check for those not making more that $75000 max of $98000. Anything over $75000 would be less than the $1200 max.
    If married the max joint is $160000 with max of $198000.
    Kids would be $500 each (not sure on max number of kids or not)
    So family of 4 making less than $160000 should expect an amount of $3400.

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    How many of you have been forced to work from home? This is my second week and Iím losing my mind. The only escape I had was the gym but now the governor of PA is forcing gyms to close lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I do AV installs for Best Buy's Geek Squad, so I can't work from home. Saturday is our last day. After that, the only Geek Squad people who will still be working (only if they choose to) are appliance install/repair and PC/networking. Basically the 2 things that some people would consider essential.

Best Buy doesn't have an attendance policy right now, so if you choose not to work that is 100% OK.

Anyone not working will still get paid for a full 40 hours the next 2 weeks, then is free to use PTO after that, or just take unpaid time off.

Anyone who does choose to work will be making $5 extra per hour until further notice.

Almost everyone in my area has chosen the not working path. I only know of 2 people who said they're willing to work to help out people who's fridge maybe goes bad or something like that, so the clients aren't stuck with no way to keep food and drinks cold. Or for people who are now having to work from home who need assistance getting that set up properly.

I'll be taking my 2 weeks paid off, followed by using my PTO until it runs out. Prob only use 30 hrs a week or so, so I can stretch it out a little longer. Good news is my PTO resets in July and I've only used 4 days of it up to this point so I still have almost all of it left.

I have a 2 yr old and 5 month old, not worth it to me to risk going in and out of people's homes on a daily basis. I could volunteer to help with appliances or networking if I wanted, but that isn't happening.

My wife does over the phone tech support, so she's unaffected. Able to work her normal job from home.

Being that I will now be a stay at home dad for the foreseeable future, I'm positive I'm going to go crazy being stuck inside, unable to leave and fully in charge of 2 small children every day lol. It's for the best though.

Hope you all stay safe!
    Last edited by goingfor28; 03-20-2020 at 01:38 AM.

I was working for the state until a month ago....if I was still there, I'd be on admin leave for the time being.
    But I returned to a company I left 5 years ago....small company, small town...sparsely populated state where currently the closest positive COVID case is an hour away.........so currently, business as usual for me.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

I went to NYC last week for the A-10 Conference Basketball Tournament to watch VCU play and hangout with friends. The tournament got canceled as the VCU game was about to tip so we just started going to breweries and restaurants around the city. While we were going around we heard rumors of the city shutting down public transportation and possibly putting the entire island on quarantine. After hearing those rumors we panicked, rented a car and drove back to Virginia. Two days after returning from NYC I felt sick. I had a fever, aches, felt week, had chills and congestion. Not sure if I had the virus but I am feeling almost normal now. Two of my friends that I went to NYC with felt the same and got tested for the Rona. They are currently waiting to get their test results back. My guess is, if they test positive then that is what I have/had.

Since I traveled to NYC (Which is considered a heavy Rona virus area) my work put me on quarantine for the next two weeks at least. On Wednesday my work announced that if you are not essential personnel you can work from home until the outbreak is contained. I work for the local power company here and what I do (Real Estate Project Manager) is not considered essential to keeping peoples power on so it looks like I'll be working from home for awhile. So far it has been pretty relaxing and I have been getting a ton work done considering I'm not distracted like I would be in the office. I'm sure I'll be going stir crazy in a couple weeks though.
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

Wallstrasse 28, Hessen, 35321, Laubach, Germany
    Congrats...

Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    I went to NYC last week for the A-10 Conference Basketball Tournament to watch VCU play and hangout with friends. The tournament got canceled as the VCU game was about to tip so we just started going to breweries and restaurants around the city. While we were going around we heard rumors of the city shutting down public transportation and possibly putting the entire island on quarantine. After hearing those rumors we panicked, rented a car and drove back to Virginia. Two days after returning from NYC I felt sick. I had a fever, aches, felt week, had chills and congestion. Not sure if I had the virus but I am feeling almost normal now. Two of my friends that I went to NYC with felt the same and got tested for the Rona. They are currently waiting to get their test results back. My guess is, if they test positive then that is what I have/had.

Since I traveled to NYC (Which is considered a heavy Rona virus area) my work put me on quarantine for the next two weeks at least. On Wednesday my work announced that if you are not essential personnel you can work from home until the outbreak is contained. I work for the local power company here and what I do (Real Estate Project Manager) is not considered essential to keeping peoples power on so it looks like I'll be working from home for awhile. So far it has been pretty relaxing and I have been getting a ton work done considering I'm not distracted like I would be in the office. I'm sure I'll be going stir crazy in a couple weeks though.
    Good chance you had it but its so hard to tell because the symptoms are so much like other viruses. My wife and I self quarantined the last 2 weeks because 1 week I had a cold like you described. I did not have fever and my wife ended up getting sick about 5 days after me. I only had it for 5 days where I felt extremely tired. Wife is on like day 7 and she is back to normal outside of a little cough.

How's everyone holding up? I've been holed up for 3 weeks now and getting a little stir crazy. Week 1 I was sick with a cold and with Covid starting hit the states I decided I should just stay home. Took me about a week to recover fully and by that time my work instituted us to work from home until April 6. Didn't really talk to any other human (except for my family that lives with me) until this week where I had a social distance convo with some of the neighbors lol. I don't know anyone personally that has been hit with Covid and hopefully I never do. Iowa is still relatively low but I'm still annoyed that we have not done a mandatory stay at home yet. I wish we would have put the whole US on lockdown for 2 weeks right when it started.

Anyways thought I would check in on all of you and hope you are all staying safe. I'm very fortunate so far to still be working as normal but that could change, you never know!

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    How's everyone holding up? I've been holed up for 3 weeks now and getting a little stir crazy. Week 1 I was sick with a cold and with Covid starting hit the states I decided I should just stay home. Took me about a week to recover fully and by that time my work instituted us to work from home until April 6. Didn't really talk to any other human (except for my family that lives with me) until this week where I had a social distance convo with some of the neighbors lol. I don't know anyone personally that has been hit with Covid and hopefully I never do. Iowa is still relatively low but I'm still annoyed that we have not done a mandatory stay at home yet. I wish we would have put the whole US on lockdown for 2 weeks right when it started.

Anyways thought I would check in on all of you and hope you are all staying safe. I'm very fortunate so far to still be working as normal but that could change, you never know!
    I still have to work and getting major overtime. Since Iím still working, my daughters mom and I decided that she will stay with her mom.

I work in retail. They gave us a $2 hourly raise and I'm still working 5 days a week. I think by the end of April everything should be back to normal

V4LB-DIMGIM-VCU-CUBBY JOE AND GOINGFOR28

Quote Originally Posted by vikings4lifebro View Post
    I work in retail. They gave us a $2 hourly raise and I'm still working 5 days a week. I think by the end of April everything should be back to normal
    Iím pretty confident that it will be better before that. Itís great that you got a raise!

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    Iím pretty confident that it will be better before that. Itís great that you got a raise!
    Thanks.

If I was still in my old job, I'd have been on admin leave the past couple weeks.
    My new company is debating at this point.....small company, small town, social distancing is just normal life

...however, while we've been working, a large share of our customers have not...so revenue is way down and production staff is working ahead more than anything else, and at some point that's not good

With the CARES bill, it might actually be good business to shut down for awhile, use funds available for payroll to keep paying people, and wait this out for a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    If I was still in my old job, I'd have been on admin leave the past couple weeks.
    My new company is debating at this point.....small company, small town, social distancing is just normal life

...however, while we've been working, a large share of our customers have not...so revenue is way down and production staff is working ahead more than anything else, and at some point that's not good

With the CARES bill, it might actually be good business to shut down for awhile, use funds available for payroll to keep paying people, and wait this out for a few weeks.
    So you stopped being a stripper? You just broke alot of women hearts.😂😂😂

Page 65 of 69 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast