Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 62 of 67 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    Ditto..

But keep in mind that Zimmer will most likely be gone after this season.
    Yeah I can totally see Zimmer to Dallas, dare I say, "IF" we lose. Especially ugly, to the Saints. You know I was totally a Zimmer guy. I think he went beyond paying his dues to get a chance. With that said, I think he's an decent coach, better than average. But, in today's high stakes NFL Zimmer is kinda like the AT&T commercials. "When just OK is not OK". He has a stacked defense that under achieves way too often. It sure appears that he kinda restricts his OC's from being creative. Too much of a "stick to the script" guy. I think that is also why really good teams pick his defense's apart. It all becomes too redundant, to predictable. With all of that said, it's kind of a careful what you wish for. You send a decent, proven winning record coach packing in HOPES to find an upgrade. That doesn't always work, but I feel you gotta try. Our roster is deep playoff, super bowl ready unit under the best possible scenarios . Yet, we'll likely be watching after Sunday. Spielman needs ushered out too IMHO. The Cousin's signing was bad. We could have got him for less. Rick gets too overzealous and is bluffed into irrational signings. Cousins is good, but only if he has time. Our continued O-line from the land of misfit toys doesn't ever cut it against top notch front sevens. So if Zimm goes, Rick should too.

Zim ain't going anywhere. My guess he gets extended at the end of the year.

Well Zim ain't going anywhere this year for sure. I do think there was some tread to the Zim to Dallas talks. The consensus among those in the media is that Zim is a top 10 coach. I don't think people realize just how good he is. Is he elite, no, but he is really damn good. I've also mentioned this many times but it's not just his coaching but how he has changed the culture in MN. I at times wonder if we need to do a Tony Dungy change (like they did in TB to get them over the hump). But overall I am very satisfied with Zim. Last week absolutely helped him with fans. The only way the talks come back is if we get totally smashed like Philly a few years back but I think we learned from that.

I also think we will be lucky enough to keep Stefanski another year. I know the Browns really liked him last year but after failing again with HC hire they need to get it right. Could Kevin be that guy, sure but he is not very experienced in terms of being the guy. Only OC for 1 full year so we'll see.

For those who are on Twitter...go and follow Dustin Baker (@DustBaker). He is great with just random stats.

Here is one he posted today, best NFC record the last 5 years.
    1. Saints (51-29)
    t2. Vikings (50-29-1)
    t2. Seahawks (50-29-1)
    4. Packers (46-33-1)
    5. Eagles (45-35)

The last three teams to lose a fumble on the opening drive of a playoff game all won the Super Bowl...

Eagles (2017)
    Seahawks (2013)
    Ravens (2012)

The last three teams to lose a fumble on the opening drive of a playoff game all won the Super Bowl...

Eagles (2017)
    Seahawks (2013)
    Ravens (2012)
    so you're saying that blown false start no-call which would have negated our opening turnover...was actually a good thing
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Eagles (2017)
    Seahawks (2013)
    Ravens (2012)
    This may be the absolute worst predictive stat I have ever seen. So naturally:

Vikings (2019)
    Eagles (2017)
    Seahawks (2013)
    Ravens (2012)

Jags fired DeFilippo. Looks like Zim made the right move there.
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I would have never guessed he would have failed as bad as he did

It's not like he was terrible though...Jags finished right in the middle which I would say is pretty good considering they had a rookie QB for most of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    It's not like he was terrible though...Jags finished right in the middle which I would say is pretty good considering they had a rookie QB for most of the season.
    Completely agree. He had a very productive season considering his QB for most of the year was a rookie, sixth round draft pick. He was probably only fired by Doug Marrone so he could save his own job.
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

I really need to take a break from Twitter. I know our fan base is emotional right now but jesus the things people are saying. Twitter needs some type of IQ test qualification before people are allowed to register.
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I could see bringing him back as our QB coach if Klint is promoted...........Zimmer, however, probably can't.
    Flip is too good a coach to have failed twice without it being partly circumstances.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Im ready for a rebuild. Imo, this team needs alot of help and we are short on cash. It goes beyond our OL.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

If you cant beat them, join them

Quote Originally Posted by carter80 View Post
    Im ready for a rebuild. Imo, this team needs alot of help and we are short on cash. It goes beyond our OL.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Tank for Trevor.

Page 62 of 67 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast