Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Combine both conferences - Who makes the playoffs and where are they seated?

Pretend that the East and the West are one combined conference and each team plays each other the same number of games (or close to it) during the regular season. Which teams make the playoffs (assuming 16 teams will make it) and where are they seated going into the playoffs?

1. SAS
    2. Clippers
    3. Chicago
    4. Golden State
    5. Portland
    6. CAVS
    7. Dallas
    8. Memphis
    9. Houston
    10. Pelicans
    11. Toronto
    12. Phoenix
    13. Washington
    14. Miami
    15. Charlotte
    16. Atlanta

#DoubleNickels

The western conference standings with like 3 east teams sprinkled in the middle/ bottom.

no way 6 east teams make it. Maybe 4, and that is a huge maybe.

Cavs, Bulls, Raps are the only for sures. I think that might be it actually.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    no way 6 east teams make it. Maybe 4, and that is a huge maybe.

Cavs, Bulls, Raps are the only for sures. I think that might be it actually.
    What other Western teams make it?

#DoubleNickels

I forgot about Utah... I might add them and take out Atlanta. And I might also throw in Denver.

#DoubleNickels

Here's my revised list:

1. SAS
    2. Clippers
    3. Chicago
    4. Golden State
    5. Portland
    6. CAVS
    7. Dallas
    8. Memphis
    9. Houston
    10. Pelicans
    11. Toronto
    12. Phoenix
    13. Washington
    14. Miami
    15. Utah
    16. Denver

#DoubleNickels

there is a team in Oklahoma City that might make it....

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Oops... yes they will make it.

#DoubleNickels

I guess I'm one of the few who thinks they are going to struggle mightily this year to get back into form this season.

Anyways

1. Spurs (I gotta stop thinking that they're eventually going to fall off ity )
    2. Warriors
    3. Bulls
    4. Cavs
    5. Grizzlies
    6. Rockets
    7. Clippers
    8. Portland
    9. Phoenix
    10. Miami
    11. Toronto
    12. Washington
    13. Brooklyn
    14. Kings
    15. Charlotte (I think they'll get better as the season goes)
    16. Pelicans
    Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

I FOUND THE LEGENDARY THREAD

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...es-to-Redskins

Quote Originally Posted by Cal827 View Post
    I guess I'm one of the few who thinks they are going to struggle mightily this year to get back into form this season.

Anyways

1. Spurs (I gotta stop thinking that they're eventually going to fall off ity )
    2. Warriors
    3. Bulls
    4. Cavs
    5. Grizzlies
    6. Rockets
    7. Clippers
    8. Portland
    9. Phoenix
    10. Miami
    11. Toronto
    12. Washington
    13. Brooklyn
    14. Kings
    15. Charlotte (I think they'll get better as the season goes)
    16. Pelicans
    They will have 50 games of a healthy KD/Westbrook. That is 35 wins alone, at least. Hell, in the east, that is enough to get you in....

I still think they win 50 games.

7 east teams? cmon

They will have 50 games of a healthy KD/Westbrook. That is 35 wins alone, at least. Hell, in the east, that is enough to get you in....

7 east teams? cmon
    My mistake forgot to put Dallas in

But anyways, I'm not entirely convinced on the bottom 5 teams in the West. 35-15 while playing in the West is quite a daunting task. They'll have to adapt to having each other in the line-up and the other guys would have to change their game around too, as well as shaking off the rust. That might cost them 5 games alone.

Their schedule does get harder later on in the year too, with more of the West Elite, and a couple road trips. I think that they'll only win 30 games at most during that span. But we will see.

Charlotte/New Orleans is a toss up to me though.
    Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

I FOUND THE LEGENDARY THREAD

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...es-to-Redskins

1. Golden state
    2. San Antonio
    3. Memphis
    4. Bulls
    5. Clippers
    6. Portland
    7. Dallas
    8. Toronto
    9. Houston
    10. Phoenix
    11. Cleveland
    12. New Orleans
    13. Miami
    14. Okc
    15. Sacramento
    16. Lakers jk

Quote Originally Posted by Cal827 View Post
    My mistake forgot to put Dallas in

But anyways, I'm not entirely convinced on the bottom 5 teams in the West. 35-15 while playing in the West is quite a daunting task. They'll have to adapt to having each other in the line-up and the other guys would have to change their game around too, as well as shaking off the rust. That might cost them 5 games alone.

Their schedule does get harder later on in the year too, with more of the West Elite, and a couple road trips. I think that they'll only win 30 games at most during that span. But we will see.

Charlotte/New Orleans is a toss up to me though.
    why would they need to adapt? They have played together, in the exact same offense, for 4 years now.

I just think the east has shown to be so pathetic the last 20 years, I don't trust more than 3-4 teams to win enough games to compete for top 16. For instance, last year, with a healthy Indy team, the east gets 4 teams in this thread. Do you really expect that to increase? Replace Indy with Cleveland, bout it for me.

7 east teams? cmon
    There has gotta be some sort of ease-into-it period for them and they won't come back from long term injuries guns blazing. I personally don't think they make the playoffs this year - West is too stacked.

Chicago and Cleveland would be the only teams that make it from the East, and I am not sure if they had to play West competition on a nightly basis that they would even make it.

why would they need to adapt? They have played together, in the exact same offense, for 4 years now.

I just think the east has shown to be so pathetic the last 20 years, I don't trust more than 3-4 teams to win enough games to compete for top 16. For instance, last year, with a healthy Indy team, the east gets 4 teams in this thread. Do you really expect that to increase? Replace Indy with Cleveland, bout it for me.
    You can play together forever but its not like riding a bike in basketball after long term injuries - it never is. KD has never had a big time injury like this and they hit some rough patches last year after Westbrook returned from his long term injury and KD was trying to figure out how to get himself acclimated back with Russ after dominating the ball every possession in his absense. IMO its foolish to think they jump right back on the court and instantly look like the best duo in the league again from the get-go.

Expecting 35-15 is too much if you ask me, they will be facing stacked competition that has been playing together all season while they are basically starting from scratch and getting thrown right into the WC fire.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast