Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).

Is Anthony Davis already in the conversation for best player?

I remember during the off-season several analysts were saying that in a couple of years Anthony Davis would be in the conversation for best player in the NBA.

So far this season, I wouldn't say anybody has played better than him.

His is first in rebounds per game, first in blocks per game, top 5 for points per game, 7th in steals per game, and he's in the top 20 for drawing fouls. On top of that, despite the fact that he's getting more blocks than anybody and more steals than just about anybody, he's only committing 1/6 fouls per game!

How do you get 4.4 blocks AND 2.2 steals per game and only get 1.6 fouls? That is unheard of!

And the funny thing in, the only other guy in the conversation right now is Stephen Curry, not LBJ and KD.

What are your thoughts? Has Davis finally graduated to MVP candidate? He certainly has the DPOY award wrapped up if he continues this level of play. The only think his game is missing is playmaking.
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

his stats are god damn impressive so far. 4.4 blocks per game? thats sick

It is still LeBron but I could be talked into AD in the top 5.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    It is still LeBron but I could be talked into AD in the top 5.
    ya I think that's more reasonable at this point. Davis is scary good

Davis is great. But he has ALOT of ground he needs to cover he wants to be put in the same category as LeBron and KD. I'd like to see him take his team out of Round 1 at least

Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    Davis is great. But he has ALOT of ground he needs to cover he wants to be put in the same category as LeBron and KD. I'd like to see him take his team out of Round 1 at least
    The award isn't based on past seasons... Davis is beasting out, just hit a game winner over the Spurs in San Antonio right now he and Curry are the favourites, but a lot can change over the season... it's too bad Westbrook went' down as he would be putting up some monster numbers with Durant out

Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    Yea everyone knows you're not as good as Lebron until you find two superstar buddies to join up with you and fool people into thinking you're way better than you actually are.

My top 5-

KD
    LeBron
    AD
    Westbrook
    Curry or Harden (fight to the death for this spot)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinTime View Post
    Yea everyone knows you're not as good as Lebron until you find two superstar buddies to join up with you and fool people into thinking you're way better than you actually are.
    who are the two superstars this time around? and who were the superstars Miami? I mean you're gonna just throw the word superstar for every good player Lebron plays with?

Irving is no superstar. and before Love joined Lebron, he was getting mad disrespected as a top PF in the league and was just a stat whore.
    Wade was a superstar until injuries got to him and Bosh was not and is not considered a superstar.

we get it, you hate Lebron. Just because he teams up with players doesn't mean he's not the best.

and in your last section of your opinion, how is that Lebron's fault? Thats straight up projecting your bias opinion onto another person.

Pretty sure everyone and their mom were saying he would make the leap into superstardom this year. But yea, I can buy him as the best regular season performer thus far, best player is something that doesn't happen over night.

Quote Originally Posted by Miltstar View Post
    The award isn't based on past seasons... Davis is beasting out, just hit a game winner over the Spurs in San Antonio right now he and Curry are the favourites, but a lot can change over the season... it's too bad Westbrook went' down as he would be putting up some monster numbers with Durant out
    Davis has been beasting out for 5 games. Worse players than him have had better 5 game runs. I think Davis is a beast but anyone who thinks he is better than LeBron and KD are out of their minds.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinTime View Post
    Hilarious. LeBron dominated for years with a bunch of scrubs around him in Cleveland. Try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Mind View Post
    My top 5-

KD
    LeBron
    AD
    Westbrook
    Curry or Harden (fight to the death for this spot)
    Westbrook is in your top 5 players in the nba?
    "Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling." - Bill Belichick

Over CP.

A silly argument to make when the two clear best players in the NBA are working into an entirely new team/system or out entirely.

Yes, he has been great to start the year as most expected. #2 for early season MVP rankings. Whatever that means.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast