Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Fire Jack Capuano

I am done with this guy as head coach, with multiple reasons if you'd like me to point them out.

1) Cory Conacher being giving top 6 minutes the first 10 games of the season when you are giving guys like Ryan Strome, and Anders Lee bottom 6 minutes when they have a much higher potential and bring a more diverse skill set.

2) Capuano's all time record 124 W, 125 L, 39 OTL. 1 playoff appearance in 4 years of coaching. The fact that this guy is 2nd in our franchise all time with Al Arbor being #1 is just pathetic.

3) Probably going to be shot for this, but there is much more better proven NHL coaches out there. I'd take John Tortorella, Dan Bylsma (my uncle played with him in college at Bowling Green a long time ago), or even Ron Wilson.

4) The goalie flip flopping, and the fact that he cannot even set a proper lineup. The guy is a clown and he is tearing this team apart.

5) List your own coaches you'd like to see replace Capuano.

I like Dan Bylsma because he runs an offensive orientated system and we have the goal scorers to make it work. He's also led the Penguins to the playoffs with Crosby & Malkin both injured. Not to mention, I realize he may have coached one of the most talented teams in the NHL, but, he still has a much more proven track record then Crappy.

Why does Garth Snow continue to stand behind this clown?

I'd also like to point out that I honestly feel that Tortorella was set up to fail in Vancouver. He would make our guys play hockey.

Heck, give me anyone over Capuano at this point. And please, do not bring in anyone from within the system. We've been doing this for years now and it has not been the recipe for success.

Agree with every point you make... it looks like Cappy must go. I've stated in other Islander forums that my "red-line" would be: If the Islanders didn't come back with a winning record during this road trip - it is time to fire Cap. Now they have lost 3 in a row to start it off...so... Time for Cap to go. Another "November swoon" must not be allowed to happen and it looks like it already has begun.

I'm good with either Blysma or Tortorella... Blysma does have the offensive system to keep the Islanders at the top of the league in scoring and Tortorella is just the sort of aggressive coach that would have the Islanders fired up every night. Hell, I'd like Torts here - just to see him go off on the NY media from time to time. ha... We need someone who has some fire in his belly and Cap has shown that he doesn't.

He has enough talent this year to make a playoff run..

Bottom line- we make the playoffs or he is gone!
    We got this!!!

Last few games we have seen much improved defense. Obviously it has paid off. Defense should be a strength for this team not a weakness, so we need to see more consistency in that regard or else Cap deserves to get fired.

Preventing chances needs to become priority #1.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol