Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Will OKC make the playoffs this year?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 52.17%
  • No

11 47.83%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Is OKC in danger of missing the playoffs?

Westbrook is out for 4-6 weeks
    Durant is out until at least the end of November, and probably longer

Zach Lowe ‏@ZachLowe_NBA 4h4 hours ago
    Thunder are 0-2, and if Westbrook is really out 4-6 weeks, facing maybe 20 games w/o Durant and Russ. In the West, that is real danger.
    If OKC is 5-15 after 20 games -- and that or worse is in play -- have to go 44-18 rest of way to hit 49 wins it took for No. 8 last season.
    And that assumes on-schedule returns for both KD and Russ. Oof. Maybe OKC should have voted for lottery reform after all?

With Durant and Westbrook both out, OKC is going to struggle offensively. Do you think they will be able to win enough during this time so that they still have a shot at the playoffs?

If (as Lowe said) they go 5-20 while they are both out, they would have to go 44-18 the rest of the way just to get the 8 seed. That's going to be pretty difficult in the West.

If they were in the east, yes, no question. In the west? they are in trouble. It will take more than 44 wins to get in this year. Durant and Westbrook will be rusty when they come back and it will take them some time to get on the same page as a team.

44 and 18 iz doable for a team like theirs. But if one of them gets injured again, it's bye bye playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by howiend View Post
    If they were in the east, yes, no question. In the west? they are in trouble. It will take more than 44 wins to get in this year. Durant and Westbrook will be rusty when they come back and it will take them some time to get on the same page as a team.
    Yeah. I think that if* they both come back on time that they can probably squeak into the 7 or 8 seed. The major problem I see is if either of them gets injured again it pretty much dooms their season.

Meanwhile in the East winning 38 games gets you a playoff spot

Yes. I don't see how they get over this hump. Wait for their return, add time to get into game shape, team gelling time... The west is tough. Granted I've only watched the Toronto okc preseason game and the clippers game... But I don't think they have what it takes.

Quote Originally Posted by SPURSFAN1 View Post
    44 and 18 iz doable for a team like theirs. But if one of them gets injured again, it's bye bye playoffs.
    I think you gotta assume they will struggle a bit for at least 5-10 games after they both return as well.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I think you gotta assume they will struggle a bit for at least 5-10 games after they both return as well.
    I did assume that. I also assumed, the role players getting more playing helps them win games in the latter stages of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by xnick5757 View Post
    Yeah. I think that if* they both come back on time that they can probably squeak into the 7 or 8 seed. The major problem I see is if either of them gets injured again it pretty much dooms their season.

Meanwhile in the East winning 38 games gets you a playoff spot
    East is getting better. This season I think the 8th seed will be 42 win team.

I do think they will miss the play offs. They're both going to readjust coming back from an injury.

Well at least their younger players will get more touches. Perry Jones and Andre Roberson could both be integral pieces for them in the long term and now they have an opportunity to further their development with more responsibility.

With that said, hopefully Durant and Westbrook don't miss too much time and get back on the court soon.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

tank and hope to draft Okafor

I can't rule out the possibility that OKC doesn't make the playoffs unless Durant or Westbrook run into complications with their injuries and have to sit out more time.

Jackson, when he comes back, is going to be a very important player for the team. I think Ibaka needs to step his scoring up to account for losing both team stars.

i'm not an OKC fan, but the season just started!!! are you serious??? does it really make any sense to start talking about whether they will make the playoffs or not AFTER 2 GAMES????? this isn't football!!!.

yea, they're in danger of not making the playoffs-----IF THE PLAYOFFS STARTED NEXT WEEK!!!...ridiculous!! i don't mean any disrespect to anyone, but this has to be dumbest thread ever posted on PSD.

I can still see them getting a 6-8 seed and making that first round matchup that much harder for seeds 1-3.

Quote Originally Posted by chin chukwu View Post
    i'm not an OKC fan, but the season just started!!! are you serious??? does it really make any sense to start talking about whether they will make the playoffs or not AFTER 2 GAMES????? this isn't football!!!.

yea, they're in danger of not making the playoffs-----IF THE PLAYOFFS STARTED NEXT WEEK!!!...ridiculous!! i don't mean any disrespect to anyone, but this has to be dumbest thread ever posted on PSD.
    This is the west where you need 50 wins minimum for 8th seed. All other teams in the west are stacked. They play more west teams than east teams. The grizz lost one star and barely made the playoffs. This is serious.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast