Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Nuggets' Faried on Pistons' Smith: "Josh Smith, we let him keep shooting"

Josh Smith's penchant for taking - and often missing - bad shots is well known, which is why opponents are often more than happy to let Smith fire away.

In Wednesday's season opener against the Denver Nuggets, the Detroit Pistons forward scored 25 points, but needed 22 shots to get it done. Those 22 shots included 12 field goal attempts outside the paint and three 3-point attempts.

Smith is a career 27.9 percent three-point shooter who continues to show a complete lack of discipline and offensive awareness, and after the Pistons dropped their opener in Denver, Nuggets big man Kenneth Faried gave a pretty honest take.

"Josh Smith, we let him keep shooting," Faried said after the game in an on-court interview. "And he ended up with 25, but he still kept shooting. He shot them out of the game."

It wouldn't be the first time.
    http://www.thescore.com/nba/news/617527

The book is out on volume scoring, if the team has little in the way of a coherent system, those volume scorers are going to get exposed. Detroit is in the process of changing that tho, their rotations are looking alot cleaner, they really needed Meeks healthy tho. They splurged on his shooting to the point where it was a giant over pay but thats how badly they need him.

I came to say exactly what you did Chronz. This is a great sign for the future of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

"We let him keep shooting" and "He shot them out of the game"

Two of my fav quotes. Happens a lot, I wonder if the players/coaches realize how detrimental inefficient scoring can be.

Josh Smith had strong words for Kenneth Faried to Vincent Goodwill of the Detroit News on Thursday.

Smith was responding to a quote from Faried in which he said that Smith "shot them out of the game."

The Denver Nuggets defeated the Detroit Pistons by a final score of 89-79. Smith scored 25 points on 9-for-22 shooting.

"He's a clown, quote me on that," said Smith.

"He fears me. He's scared of me. He knows it's coming."
    https://twitter.com/vgoodwill/status/527964855996022784

**** just got real.

Quote Originally Posted by FS8 View Post
    wow....Josh Smith sounds a little butthurt....

maybe I'm just being biased but I don't think we'll have a problem with Detroit in the next meeting, especially if this is his attitude. I mean, he only hit 3 field goals in the last quarters and no he wants to shoot even more? I'd be completely okay with that lol

When players result to insults, you know that the person who called them out hit a nerve. Josh Smith did lose that game for them, he knows it and won't admit it.

well he did it again tonight

Quote Originally Posted by xbrackattackx View Post
    When players result to insults, you know that the person who called them out hit a nerve. Josh Smith did lose that game for them, he knows it and won't admit it.
    True. He has heard that critique so often and yet doesn't seem to get it.

Smith is the clown,

signed,'

Pistons fan

Quote Originally Posted by FS8 View Post
    Lol he so mad

5-16 tonight lol
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    The Knicks were never this bad of a team. They always have been a 48-50 win team stuck in what was a 21-40 team's body.

Quote Originally Posted by xbrackattackx View Post
    Yep. Dude is immature. I flipped back and forth from this one and the Raps on NBA TV. Smoove won the first quarter but then lost the game. He got too confident with his shot and flashy defensive moves.

This is not the direction the league is heading. He plays like an individual rather than part of the team... Aside from that DJ Augustin has played phenomenal.

What do you think the Pistons could get back for Smith/Jennings? Anything? Maybe Jason Thompson and pieces?
    Last edited by DemarDerozan; 10-31-2014 at 02:21 AM.

Wow. Loving the early chippiness in the NBA already.

Faried>>>>Smith btw. CANT STAND guys like Smith.

I dont respond to nobody with dreadlocks who plays basketball, Smith said, referring to Farieds hairdo. Hes a clown, quote me on that.

He knows its coming, he knows, next time we play, Smith said. In order to make those comments like that, you gotta be able to back it up and well see next time.

Ill have some words while Im busting his ***. I back it up when I talk. Its gonna be a pretty good match-up.

He fears me, Smith said. Hes scared of me, so, of course, hell talk about me in the paper. He wont do it to me in my face. If you have to hide behind a microphone or smartphone, so be it. I dont mind.

I personally love it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast