Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What is with these new fans that follow players and not a team?

I am talking to you James Blair who doesn't post on these forums....

I mean how can you say 'I'm a Lebron fan, not a fan of a team'.........What kind of douchy fans are parents raising these days?

I would spank a child if they jumped on another bandwagon following a player wherever he went.

#realparenting
    #corevalues

Lol!

I'm not sure its anyone's place to tell someone else they are enjoying a sporting event incorrectly. I am a Sixers fan, but I also am a fan of multiple players that I always root for as well as the Orlando Magic. What's the difference if someone identifies more with a player than a team?

so what?

is it illegal or something lol
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    The Knicks were never this bad of a team. They always have been a 48-50 win team stuck in what was a 21-40 team's body.

Quote Originally Posted by Kicks For Grits View Post
    I am talking to you James Blair who doesn't post on these forums....

I mean how can you say 'I'm a Lebron fan, not a fan of a team'.........What kind of douchy fans are parents raising these days?
    this isn't new
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

He made this thread for kicks.....and grits. Seriously though Warrior fan and I root for Kobe the greastest player from my generation.

I'm a Rockets fans before anything! I root for former Rockets players (Carl Landry, Aaron Brooks, Chandler Parsons, Kyle Lowery, Dragic, etc.) and respect great players but whenever any of those guys go against the squad, I WANT THEM DESTROYED!!!!!!

Casual fans.

Lol its just a game, i'll root for whoever I want.

I'm a laker fan but also a fan of several players around the league.. I also like watching the Warriors play. But my interest in my team will always be greater then anything.. I'm not gonna start rooting for the Warriors or root for any team kobe is traded to if he gets traded (which I doubt but jus sayin).. I am a kobe fan and will be even if he's traded but lakers will always be my #1 love in basketball even when they suck (like now)

Your baby can't do this

There's definitely players that I cheer for. But I do not have a second favorite team.

And before the Raptors came into the league, I only cheered for my favorite players like Larry Johnson and Jamaal Mashburn.

started with the whole Kobe vs Lebron thing but I think people just want to see a guy who gets so much criticism win. Im a mavs fan but when kobe was making the finals I was going for him so he can prove he can win without shaq and when LeBron made the finals I was going for him so he can shut all the people who kept saying he "cant win a championship" up. Some players you just like their style of play aint nothing wrong with that
    Last edited by YAALREADYKNO; 10-30-2014 at 12:04 PM.

As a lifelong Cavs fan that has struggled with a very few others trying to keep the Cavs PSD forum alive the past 4 years I have no issue with it unless that said fan starts addressing the team as "WE" when they clearly didn't like the team last year but now with Lebron love them. If you say "WE" I hate it. That seems to be happening a lot right now in the Cavs PSD forum.

For that matter hate even when actual fans of the team say "WE" like they have a stake in the team or something.

#fiftyfive

this isn't new btw. The only thing that has changed, is increased player movement.

I will always be a Wolves fan, first and foremost. That being said, I absolutely pull for individual players that I like, so long as its not at the expense of my puppies (it always is though)

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

What is with these new fans that follow players and not a team?

I'm a hardcore fan. I grew up in a family that it was a sin to root for anyone except for the Cubs, Bears, Bulls and Hawks. We're season ticket holders for the Hawks and Bears. I'm sorry but despise the idea of liking more than your ONE team. Also hate following random *** players because they appeal to you for some reason lol. I can understand hoping that a particular player continues to be successful but I never find myself rooting for another team outside of my core four. The Detroit Tigers are the only other team in any major sport that I slightly root for. That's just my theory and the way I was raised.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast