Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Chad Ford:Knicks, Nets, Mavs, Hornets Could Conceivably Be Interested In Kobe

I know the last thing PSD needs is another Kobe thread, so dont hate me lol but thought this was pretty interesting given the development of Randle's injury

The New York Knicks, Brooklyn Nets, Dallas Mavericks and possibly Charlotte Hornets are all teams that could be interested in Kobe Bryant, according to ESPN's Chad Ford.

The Los Angeles Lakers lost Julius Randle for the entire season on opening night and are expected to struggle to make the playoffs. The Lakers also get to keep their 2015 first round pick if it is in the top-5.

The Knicks are an especially interesting possibility due to his connection to Phil Jackson, Derek Fisher and Carmelo Anthony.

The Knicks could include young players like Iman Shumpert and/or Tim Hardaway Jr., along with a 2015 first rounder and they also have the expiring contracts of Amar'e Stoudemire and Andrea Bargnani.

"I don't think Mitch has much choice but to find ways to lose," one GM told ESPN. "They're going to be bad anyway. You don't want to be just good enough that you lose the pick and still miss the playoffs. I don't think they have the assets to get good enough to make the playoffs and I don't think they have the [expletive] to trade Kobe. It's paradoxical, but right now losing seems like the only way to really get better."

Bryant's contract expires after the 15-16 NBA season.
    Last edited by spreadeagle; 10-29-2014 at 09:26 PM.

I don't know who would be the bigger idiot...the lakers for signing kobe to a ridiculous contract or the team trading for him giving up all their young assets....

Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    I don't know who would be the bigger idiot...the lakers for signing kobe to a ridiculous contract or the team trading for him giving up all their young assets....
    Nets and Knicks I could see doing it forsure just based on past history, I could see Cuban wanting kobe for one last chance at a ring with Dirk...and it would make a huge splash for the hornets if for nothing more than publicity, fan attendance ect

Kobe with the Knicks reuniting with Fish and Phil would be sweet. But he's not going anywhere come on now.

Free As Seagull.

Honestly with this crap. Who would the Mavericks give up for Kobe? Dirk ain't going anywhere, Parsons is pretty much unmoveable and there's no way they trade Tyson Chandler. Ellis would have to be involved but then they'd have to come up with another $16 million to make the numbers work and the Lakers aren't taking your Nelsons, Jeffersons and Charlie Vs (not that they'd even come close to matching up).

Kobe on the Mavs would be sweet

nets never learn their lesson.

id like to see him go home to Philly for one year! haha

Quote Originally Posted by spreadeagle:29194475
    id like to see him go home to Philly for one year! haha
    Doesn't Philly hate him? Would be awkward lol

Free As Seagull.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenged24 View Post
    Doesn't Philly hate him? Would be awkward lol
    they hate everyone equally

I would love to see Kobe go to the Mavs. The implosion of that team would be magical.

Quote Originally Posted by bomber0104:29194472
    Kobe on the Mavs would be sweet
    It's the only one that makes any bit of sense IMO
    Time for some hootenanny.

Kobe's contract won't look so bad when the new cap kicks in

I feel torn.I think Mr Bryant deserves a better team than this to end his career, but at the same time if you're Mitch you have to tank. This team isn't even close to a playoff run, let a lone a championship. If I were GM you flat out ask if Mr Bryant is on board or not. If he isn't ask where he wants to go. I will say that if he sticks around like Kareem to see this thing through, I will have a new level of respect for him.

The Nets are gonna be all over this

They love past their prime players in Brooklyn.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast