Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Regardless of who wins the WS, can the Kansas City Royals defend the American League?

Regardless of who wins the 2014 World Series between the Royals and the Giants, can the Royals get back in 2015 as American League champs, let alone postseason wise?

Things change. The Royals will be a different team next season...as will the Tigers. Where is last year's reigning champion? There are no guarantees. Enjoy today

Regardless of who wins the WS, can the Kansas City Royals defend the American League?

How many players, especially the relief pitchers, are going to be free agents?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucis View Post
    Parity is about equality of opportunity, not equality of results.

Shields is a free agent. Luke Hochevar is a free agent Billy Butler can be bought out of his $12 million contract for $1 million.....and he has already told the media he would return for much less.

Everyone else is locked in

Red Sox fan here just wanted to congratulate you guys on a very good Post season. I wanted the Royals to win if that even matters.

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    Red Sox fan here just wanted to congratulate you guys on a very good Post season. I wanted the Royals to win if that even matters.
    Thanks, man.... I'm proud of the boys in blue....they played their ***** off since early September just to get there. Winning the World Series would have been nice....but it wasnt the most important thing. Just getting back to the post season and giving all those young fans a taste of something they have never experienced was completely worth the trip! The Royals arent done....we'll be back

Quote Originally Posted by royal bob View Post
    Thanks, man.... I'm proud of the boys in blue....they played their ***** off since early September just to get there. Winning the World Series would have been nice....but it wasnt the most important thing. Just getting back to the post season and giving all those young fans a taste of something they have never experienced was completely worth the trip! The Royals arent done....we'll be back
    Great season and Royal fans should feel proud. As a Texas Ranger fan I have a sneaky feeling you guys will begin to feel like we did after squandering the game 6 lead twice in 2011. There are absolutely no guarantees. KC is already playing from a small market competitive disadvantage and certainly over-performed this year. The chances of getting back to the series for you guys is very slim in this perceived window as your offensive regression to the mean will likely mean taking a step back next year. Over time you will start to think to yourself - why couldn't we have been much more patient against Bumgarner in game 7 and made him throw more pitches. To many 2 or 3 pitch at bats. Chances of making it back? How about this:

Chances of winning Division: lets say 30% then the chance of winning the series next year assuming a random coin flip in each round is:

0.3 x 0.5 x 0.5 x 0.5 = 3.75% Good luck and good season.

Quote Originally Posted by royal bob View Post
    Now look at the bright side we now know they can be good again next year. But it could be worse try being a Cubs fan ouch.

Dead last this year in home runs hit. 11th in team batting (AL) Moose hovered around .200 all season, Gordon was 30 points below his average, Hosmer had a down season offensively, Butler had a down season offensively, and Infante had a down season offensively. All those will likely improve next season....and the pitching staff really doesnt need Shields. If that money went to a power bat from the right side....we're at least the favorite to win the AL central. Against the Angels and Orioles...I like our chances with the pitching matchups

Regardless of additional signings, I don't see how the Tigers won't be division favorites again.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    Now look at the bright side we now know they can be good again next year. But it could be worse try being a Cubs fan ouch.
    Which year will be the lucky year for them?