Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Kk

Is this were the game is going to be updated? I started playing, dont know if I need to sign in here or something
    Psalms 118:6 - The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?

#SAVEDTHECREW
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes sir, this is where the standings will be updated (in the OP).

You've done what you're supposed to do. After UFC Fight Night 57 this Saturday, I'll update your record and everyone else's in the OP. Thanks for inquiring.

I'm thinking we should start the new year fresh.

Now we have a group of people to play with let's look at this one as a practice run.

We could switch it up after every 5 UFC ppv events?

So start the new year with UFC 182 and end right before UFC 187? Remember all the events in between..

That seems like a long enough time with lots of fights to choose from.

Thoughts?

Also I want to give Sooper a big first bump for being the engine that drives this. Thanks bud

I'm with Thumper 88, new year, new season.

The UFC already released their 2015 schedule (45 events) what we could do is break the the season into 4 quarters:

Q1: Jan, Feb, Mar= 10 cards
    Q2: Apr, May, Jun= 12 cards
    Q3: Jul, Aug, Sept= 13 cards
    Q4: Oct, Nov, Dec= 10 cards

We'll have a winner in each quarter and since the option of joining the league is open year round, we could track winners in both win% and total wins.

How does everyone feel about picking the winners for every card? The system we have now can be a little too confusing. It might take a little longer to make your picks, but the way I see it, you get to familiarize yourself with the newer fighters in the UFC.

Finally, what if we have a "best bet" category? All you do is pick one fighter in every card that you think has the best chance at winning the fight. Would anyone go 45-0?

I also want to thank Sopper for getting this thing started, keep up the good word sir.
    -----

I like best bet idea.

I'm thinking the main card is enough but to each their own

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 88 View Post
    I like best bet idea.

I'm thinking the main card is enough but to each their own
    Again, I'm ok either way, and if we do only main card fights, is an improvement over only ME fights. Look at the last card that was on fightpass (Bisping vs Rockhold) we were only allowed to pick the winner of the ME, and we missed out on Iaquinta/Pearson, Whittaker/Hester and Harris/Palelei.

Maybe for PPV and Fox every fight. For FS1 and Fightpass only Main card.
    -----

Quote Originally Posted by Knockturnal View Post

The UFC already released their 2015 schedule (45 events) what we could do is break the the season into 4 quarters:

We'll have a winner in each quarter and since the option of joining the league is open year round, we could track winners in both win% and total wins.

How does everyone feel about picking the winners for every card? The system we have now can be a little too confusing. It might take a little longer to make your picks, but the way I see it, you get to familiarize yourself with the newer fighters in the UFC.

Finally, what if we have a "best bet" category? All you do is pick one fighter in every card that you think has the best chance at winning the fight. Would anyone go 45-0?

I also want to thank Sopper for getting this thing started, keep up the good word sir.
    I'm okay with the 4 quarters idea but I'd like to keep it simple and just do the Main Cards. I don't mind changing the Main Event only on the Fight Night double-headers to picking the entire Main Card, I would think it would be easier for everyone. Also, there tends to be a lot of changes on the Prelims and a few posters make their picks at the beginning of the week and don't come back, might be problems and confusion with updating the Prelim fights due to fight change.

I like the Best Bet idea but it would make it easier just to include that scoring in the regular standings. Basically just pick the fighter and add "Best Bet" besides your pick.

Example:

MAIN CARD
    Jon Jones vs. Daniel Cormier
    Donald Cerrone vs. Myles Jury
    Nate Marquardt vs. Brad Tavares
    Louis Gaudinot vs. Kyoji Horiguchi
    Josh Burkman vs. Hector Lombard (Best Bet)

• If you get the Best Bet point correct then it's just worth 1 point like a regular pick

• If you get the Best Bet pick wrong then -5 points

If the -5 points is too much then how about -3 points?

That would make it more fun and interesting, also we wouldn't have to do the entire cards to separate ourselves in the standings.
    Last edited by Soop; 12-23-2014 at 06:29 PM.

Where are my manners? Thanks Thumps and Knock.

And I like the separate point system for best bet. But like you said it's extra work.

I think -5 is too much, -3 sounds about right if you choose to do a best bet

I like how all of this is going. Its been fun so far
    Psalms 118:6 - The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?

#SAVEDTHECREW
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sooper:29429194
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockturnal View Post

I'm okay with the 4 quarters idea but I'd like to keep it simple and just do the Main Cards. I don't mind changing the Main Event only on the Fight Night double-headers to picking the entire Main Card, I would think it would be easier for everyone. Also, there tends to be a lot of changes on the Prelims and a few posters make their picks at the beginning of the week and don't come back, might be problems and confusion with updating the Prelim fights due to fight change.

I like the Best Bet idea but it would make it easier just to include that scoring in the regular standings. Basically just pick the fighter and add "Best Bet" besides your pick.

Example:

MAIN CARD
    Jon Jones vs. Daniel Cormier
    Donald Cerrone vs. Myles Jury
    Nate Marquardt vs. Brad Tavares
    Louis Gaudinot vs. Kyoji Horiguchi
    Josh Burkman vs. Hector Lombard (Best Bet)

• If you get the Best Bet point correct then it's just worth 1 point like a regular pick

• If you get the Best Bet pick wrong then -5 points

If the -5 points is too much then how about -3 points?

That would make it more fun and interesting, also we wouldn't have to do the entire cards to separate ourselves in the standings.
    I like the -3, the 4qtrs, and only picking main cards!

I think we have a consensus.

Main card only
    Best bet will be in red
    -3 if your best pick busts.

Any more ideas/suggestions?
    -----

I normally only post from my phone so I don't want to go into advance mode to type in red context. I'll just label my best bet as that

But yeah looks like we have a system!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast