Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 104 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    as long as vinny is on the team, it will be very hard to bring laughton up ... which might not be a bad thing for this year, but vinny needs to be gone this off-season ... same goes for umberger ... in order to have laughton brought up and receive the playing time he needs to continue developing.

if we resign bellemare:

G
    Couturier
    Laughton
    Belle

down the middle is very nice - and defensively sound.

I cannot wait until some of these prospects are ready for the big stage. This team is around 25% deadweight that needs to be cut off. We should have 3 defensmen prospects trying to push out Grossmann, Schenn, and MDZ/Schultz. HOPEFULLY Laughton can push out Vinny, and I'd love to see Cousins progress this year and take Umberger off 3rd line LW.

Be fantastic if we had a single skilled forward prospect. Heres to hoping for AK47 developing

Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    Wouldn't go that far with Sanheim. I don't think it's too likely that he keeps this pace up. If he does, fantastic, I certainly won't complain lol.

But I just don't see it. Asked a twitter buddy of mine who follows the CHL how likely it is that a D man puts up a PPG pace or better for the season. In total last year there were 6 between the Q, OHL, and WHL (where Sanheim is).

He also doesn't believe Sanheim will be able to keep it up, but he does agree that he's looked very good in all phases this year.
    I dont think hed have a shot at 1 PPG. A defensemen having so many goals and also assists is very unlikely. He can only be on the ice for so many scores. Just saying, if he plays a 4th year in WHL, I wouldnt be shocked at all to see him flirt with 45 goals/20 assists. Worried about his efforts costing some GA, since hes always pinching and joining the rush.

Call me crazy but in his highlights he still looks like a sluggish skater to me, very much like Couturier did in Juniors. Both have long frames and seem like they rely on their long strides (so for that matter much like Chara or Pronger, not exactly the worst company). I think Sanheim is all about his offensive instincts and that shot of his.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Stevens View Post
    I dont think hed have a shot at 1 PPG. A defensemen having so many goals and also assists is very unlikely. He can only be on the ice for so many scores. Just saying, if he plays a 4th year in WHL, I wouldnt be shocked at all to see him flirt with 45 goals/20 assists. Worried about his efforts costing some GA, since hes always pinching and joining the rush.

Call me crazy but in his highlights he still looks like a sluggish skater to me, very much like Couturier did in Juniors. Both have long frames and seem like they rely on their long strides (so for that matter much like Chara or Pronger, not exactly the worst company). I think Sanheim is all about his offensive instincts and that shot of his.
    Skating is something sanheim does extremely well.

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Skating is something sanheim does extremely well.
    i know his agility and balance all are considered good, im just talking about the pace he moves his legs. If you compare his motions to a speedy skater like our Rinaldo, or a power skater like Voracek, he doesn't come close. On video, it looks sluggish, and like I said Couturier looked exactly the same as a junior. Ghost skates like the wind, Hagg skates incredibly smooth, Morin is a massive guy that can still move, but Sanheim is a pretty lean 6'3" yet seems like he just relies on his long strides. Its something I definitely notice, but I know from my own experience as a large skater he still has his kid legs. Same situation as Couts, like I said, this is from Couturier's original draft profile and I think it mirrors somewhat to Sanheim: "Compared to the rest of the package, his skating is only average with the first few steps needing some extra work."

Idk. I don't really see anything wrong with his skating. You're the first person I've seen call him out on it.

i know his agility and balance all are considered good, im just talking about the pace he moves his legs. If you compare his motions to a speedy skater like our Rinaldo, or a power skater like Voracek, he doesn't come close. On video, it looks sluggish, and like I said Couturier looked exactly the same as a junior. Ghost skates like the wind, Hagg skates incredibly smooth, Morin is a massive guy that can still move, but Sanheim is a pretty lean 6'3" yet seems like he just relies on his long strides. Its something I definitely notice, but I know from my own experience as a large skater he still has his kid legs. Same situation as Couts, like I said, this is from Couturier's original draft profile and I think it mirrors somewhat to Sanheim: "Compared to the rest of the package, his skating is only average with the first few steps needing some extra work."
    http://youtu.be/o-9dPOsz8j4

I'm on a mobile app. Go about 2min in and also watch the kid stake. Craig button gave him a 5/5 skating ranking - and he moves effortlessly on the blue line

http://youtu.be/o-9dPOsz8j4

I'm on a mobile app. Go about 2min in and also watch the kid stake. Craig button gave him a 5/5 skating ranking - and he moves effortlessly on the blue line
    so you watch the video at 2:15 in and see something OTHER than a sluggish skater relying on his stride? even doing it with two hands on a stick thats not on the ice, swinging back and forth... I dont know if you guys played ice hockey but I can tell you thats when youre either tired or your legs are weak. You will never see a guy like Giroux skate like that.

Just saying, I think Sanheim still has his kid legs, he'll grow out of them and be fine.

so you watch the video at 2:15 in and see something OTHER than a sluggish skater relying on his stride? even doing it with two hands on a stick thats not on the ice, swinging back and forth... I dont know if you guys played ice hockey but I can tell you thats when youre either tired or your legs are weak. You will never see a guy like Giroux skate like that.

Just saying, I think Sanheim still has his kid legs, he'll grow out of them and be fine.
    your point is fair, not sure why they used that video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEtPZLVdveU

@58 seconds in should give you all you need to know about his general skating prowess

He does have "kid legs", but at this point that's ok: he is a kid. He needs to bulk up, which he will do. But the raw tools are there.

His skating isn't flawed like Luke Schenn; he just has to grow into his body.

your point is fair, not sure why they used that video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEtPZLVdveU

@58 seconds in should give you all you need to know about his general skating prowess

Really just a great video. Shows the talent starting to come through. And now you see him this year and he seems to be putting it all together.

Man do I just love to see a D man that can start and/or join the rush with that kind of size. Kimmo has been doing it for years here but he's not 6'3".

Even Tyrell Goulbourne is putting up points. Six points in 5 games to start the year. He scored twice last night to give him 4 goals on the year.

All 4 of Laughton's goals can be seen here. Some pretty nice ones.

http://video.flyers.nhl.com/videocen...651239&lang=en

Hagg finished with a PP assist in the 4-2 win for the Phantoms. Cousins added 2 assists.

Aube-Kubel had 2 goals tonight in a 5-3 loss.

Sanheim, Morin, and Aube-Kubel have all been named to their league's teams for the upcoming Subway Series.

Laughton and Hagg with a goal and assist each in 5-4 OT win tonight. Laughtin scored the game winner. He has 7 points in 5 gakes this year.

Nick Cousins also scored. He has gotten off to a strong start this year.

Page 2 of 104 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast