Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Wes Matthews: I'm the best two-way guard in the NBA

Im never going to be the type that gets gaudy numbers to make an All-Defensive team, said Matthews before getting to his case.

Do I think Im All-Defense? Absolutely. I think Im the best two-way two-guard in the NBA. But I feel like we need to be a good defensive team within the scheme of the game. Were not out there gambling, trying to reach and get steals. That would put us in a bind if I dont get it, Matthews said.
    Well?

That's cute

I don't think it's that ridiculous. I don't think too many of the guards who are as good as him on defense are as good as him on offense. And I don't think too many of the guards as good as him on offense are as good as him on defense.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I don't think it's that ridiculous. I don't think too many of the guards who are as good as him on defense are as good as him on offense. And I don't think too many of the guards as good as him on offense are as good as him on defense.
    I actually tend to agree.

OP did a really bad job with the misleading thread title, typical. He said "I think I'm the best 2 way guard in the league" not "I'm the best 2 way guard in the league".

OP understand this, do not that do that. Every player in the league is like to think they they are the best or have the potential to be the best. It doesn't matter if it's true or not, it's what he has to believe to get the job done. Wes is one of the best 2 way guards in the league for sure. It is not crazy for him to believe that he is the best. These guys are all egomaniacs anyway, its just part of the game.

Klay is better on defense but Wes is much better on Offense. Afflalo has a case here as well. Hard to tell where the cut off line is but being a 2-way guy is abit overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    This.
    MFFL

Shots aimed at harden?

Bledsoe and Westbrook are better two-way guards. Even though Klay Thompson is overrated he's also a better two way guard than Matthews. Also his defence wasn't great, it was good on a bad defensive team.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [x]
    Build contending team [x ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [x]
    Win Championship [x ]

Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post
    Bledsoe and Westbrook are better two-way guards. Even though Klay Thompson is overrated he's also a better two way guard than Matthews. Also his defence wasn't great, it was good on a bad defensive team.
    Can add Chris Paul and probably Lowry and Conley. Paul George could play guard and he's unquestionably better on both ends.

Looking at just shooting guards though he has a real good case, Stephenson, Thompson, and Ginobili are probably the 3 others that come to mind.

He very well could be in the sense that of all the offensive guards, he has the best defense and of all the best defensive guards, he has the best offense.

It's a cool distinction I guess however at a certain point extreme value on one side (like Harden on offense) outweighs positive value on both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaner View Post
    Can add Chris Paul and probably Lowry and Conley. Paul George could play guard and he's unquestionably better on both ends.

Looking at just shooting guards though he has a real good case, Stephenson, Thompson, and Ginobili are probably the 3 others that come to mind.
    Yes but SG is just thin on talent in general. It'll be interesting to see if some of these rookies will make an impact on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose17 View Post
    Shots aimed at harden?
    Bang bang.

he might actually be right. But, I tend not to dwell on a players statement, like this.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

False bravado... he knows he's lying.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast