Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

George Refutes Abbott Article: "Now how crazy does that Kobe story sound to you"

Paul George spoke up on Twitter to refute a bogus source in the recent Abbott article bashing Kobe Bryant.

Now how crazy does that Kobe story sound to you ? #MediaReachingAgain
    Now that this came out to be untrue, how many of these "anonymous sources" of his can we trust.

Abbott really dug himself deep with this one.

http://8points9seconds.com/2014/10/2...0the%20Network

This was already referred to and discussed in the Kobe thread about Abbott's article. Does it really need another Kobe thread about what's already been discussed?

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    This was already referred to and discussed in the Kobe thread about Abbott's article. Does it really need another Kobe thread about what's already been discussed?
    Then why reply in the first place.

Yeah Paul George or any other player would admit that they stay away from Kobe given the choice. Rocket science!

When was the last time an all-star caliber player in their prime went to play for the Lakers as a FA in past 18 years? LA has everything an athlete can dream for and still Lakers don't get any stars now a days. There has been examples players look for exit sooner than they should from LA. Why? Easy and well-documented answer unless you are a kobe fan.

Quote Originally Posted by naps View Post
    Yeah Paul George or any other player would admit that they stay away from Kobe given the choice. Rocket science!

When was the last time an all-star caliber player in their prime went to play for the Lakers as a FA in past 18 years? LA has everything an athlete can dream for and still Lakers don't get any stars now a days. There has been examples players look for exit sooner than they should from LA. Why? Easy and well-documented answer unless you are a kobe fan.
    How many times in the last 18 years has LA been in a position salary cap wise to even sign a premier free agent other than this past year...

Quote Originally Posted by amos1er View Post
    How many times in the last 18 years has LA been in a position salary cap wise to even sign a premier free agent other than this past year...
    How about any vets who have taken clear pay cuts to play with the Lakers since Kobe's been the alpha?

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    How about any vets who have taken clear pay cuts to play with the Lakers since Kobe's been the alpha?
    Artest
    Nash
    Jamison
    Barnes
    Odom
    Fisher
    Blake
    Brown

The most they've ever had was the mle and they've gotten ron to take it. They got odom to come down from what he was making. Nash came and left cash on the table from Toronto and NY. Fisher after the titles signed up when Miami offered more and a starting role to leave. Blake took less to come when he came as he had other offers. Barnes took less than what Orlando offered him. Shannon stayed with la largely because of kobe by his own admission after the pacers offered more after ring one. Jamison also took the min and the only laker teammate he's ever praised since leaving was kobe for always being up front and blunt.

Want to continue?

Nick Young took the vet min and then took less than mle on a market where they were offering Meeks the like of 6+ plus mil.

Farmar left guaranteed money for a vet min and the thought of starting next to kobe last year.

Hill took less than he was offered on the market after being traded to la to stay, and it was already said by his agent he had a bigger offer than what he took to stay again .

I mean hey but let's act like Kobe's teams magically had cap space in 18 years. Let's act like kobe was selfish by not following Mcgrady and Duncan and opting to become a free agent and demand bigger money and buss never thanked him publicly for agreeing to not ask for market value during the 3 peat. Let's act like kobe when he was averaging 35ppg wasn't making just 15mil.

Let's also act like Paul didn't threaten to sue, Pau didn't write a post telling kobe thank you and they were brothers, or that he made the words pay me mf come out of Shaqs mouth to force him out.

Let's act like Caron, Ariza, and Sasha didn't praise him to this day for helping them off camera in el segundo. Let's act like kobe was the one and not Shaq who got Van Exel traded and then demanded Kidd not come to his team so they had to settle for Lue. Let's act like kobe and not Shaq didn't want Eddie gone as opposed to start next to him as West has admitted publicly; same with acting like it was kobe and not Shaq who fought with Rodman. Let's act like Malone before hitting on Vanessa didn't go in on fsn and call Shaq out for not being in the shape he promised to be in when he and Gary took pay cuts. Hell let's act like kobe didn't take Phil back and make amends after that book.

People question his ability to win? He's done that more than anyone else.

Question his motives for taking money? Where was that when Tim's ayed in a tax free state his whole career and ate up a third of the cap while getting dnp olds, playing less than 30mpg and was being destroyed by Marc and Zach at the cost of 20 mil?

They say oh Melo and Bosh didn't take the max ignoring Melo had a coach in NY, his family was happy, and he got 30 mil more. Bosh stayed in Miami where he doesn't pay state tax, got 30 mil more, and knew the personnel. Where's that questioning when Dwight fn Howard and James Harden can't even attract a ring chaser ltr alone a name? Or when Dirk has had cap space multiple times in his career and can't get a top guy?

How the **** could George say no when he was never a free agent? How could love say no when he never touched a fa market? I'm waiting

Quote Originally Posted by kblo247 View Post
    Artest
    Nash
    Jamison
    Barnes
    Odom
    Fisher
    Blake
    Brown

The most they've ever had was the mle and they've gotten ron to take it. They got odom to come down from what he was making. Nash came and left cash on the table from Toronto and NY. Fisher after the titles signed up when Miami offered more and a starting role to leave. Blake took less to come when he came as he had other offers. Barnes took less than what Orlando offered him. Shannon stayed with la largely because of kobe by his own admission after the pacers offered more after ring one. Jamison also took the min and the only laker teammate he's ever praised since leaving was kobe for always being up front and blunt.

Want to continue?

Nick Young took the vet min and then took less than mle on a market where they were offering Meeks the like of 6+ plus mil.

Farmar left guaranteed money for a vet min and the thought of starting next to kobe last year.

Hill took less than he was offered on the market after being traded to la to stay, and it was already said by his agent he had a bigger offer than what he took to stay again .

I mean hey but let's act like Kobe's teams magically had cap space in 18 years. Let's act like kobe was selfish by not following Mcgrady and Duncan and opting to become a free agent and demand bigger money and buss never thanked him publicly for agreeing to not ask for market value during the 3 peat. Let's act like kobe when he was averaging 35ppg wasn't making just 15mil.

Let's also act like Paul didn't threaten to sue, Pau didn't write a post telling kobe thank you and they were brothers, or that he made the words pay me mf come out of Shaqs mouth to force him out.

Let's act like Caron, Ariza, and Sasha didn't praise him to this day for helping them off camera in el segundo. Let's act like kobe was the one and not Shaq who got Van Exel traded and then demanded Kidd not come to his team so they had to settle for Lue. Let's act like kobe and not Shaq didn't want Eddie gone as opposed to start next to him as West has admitted publicly; same with acting like it was kobe and not Shaq who fought with Rodman. Let's act like Malone before hitting on Vanessa didn't go in on fsn and call Shaq out for not being in the shape he promised to be in when he and Gary took pay cuts. Hell let's act like kobe didn't take Phil back and make amends after that book.

Question his motives for taking money? Where was that when Tim's ayed in a tax free state his whole career and ate up a third of the cap while getting dnp olds, playing less than 30mpg and was being destroyed by Marc and Zach at the cost of 20 mil?

They say oh Melo and Bosh didn't take the max ignoring Melo had a coach in NY, his family was happy, and he got 30 mil more. Bosh stayed in Miami where he doesn't pay state tax, got 30 mil more, and knew the personnel. Where's that questioning when Dwight fn Howard and James Harden can't even attract a ring chaser ltr alone a name? Or when Dirk has had cap space multiple times in his career and can't get a top guy?

How the **** could George say no when he was never a free agent? How could love say no when he never touched a fa market? I'm waiting
    I am cracking up at the tone of your message (only made it a couple lines in, but I get your message).

My question was legitimate, in case you thought otherwise.

That said, it's an unimpressive list and I'd likely question a few of those. EG I'm not sure who's offering Artest much more than what he got in LA; he was 30 and they matched the most he'd made in his career. Was he offered more that I'm not aware of? Obviously he did like Kobe (and more so Odom) and was glad to join them, though. The others I'd have to look into more tomorrow when I'm not tired.

who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Artest
    Nash
    Jamison
    Barnes
    Odom
    Fisher
    Blake
    Brown

Want to continue?

Signed. Sealed. Delivered.

Is that Kobe article any good?

Wait... wat about Tmac and Duncan?

Artest
    Nash
    Jamison
    Barnes
    Odom
    Fisher
    Blake
    Brown

Want to continue?

T
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    I am cracking up at the tone of your message (only made it a couple lines in, but I get your message).

My question was legitimate, in case you thought otherwise.

That said, it's an unimpressive list and I'd likely question a few of those. EG I'm not sure who's offering Artest much more than what he got in LA; he was 30 and they matched the most he'd made in his career. Was he offered more that I'm not aware of? Obviously he did like Kobe (and more so Odom) and was glad to join them, though. The others I'd have to look into more tomorrow when I'm not tired.
    What players were available through free agency during that time? Kobe didn't have the luxury of colluding with his butt buddies to join in their prime.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Wait... wat about Tmac and Duncan?
    Kobe chose to not become a free agent before the 3 peat because Buss expressed concerns over the pay. Kobe gave him a cut that he could afford to retain jones/ later rice. He could have went on the market like Tim and Tracy and got paid, hell he was an all star already and top merch mover and only what 20-21?

It's always laughable when people say he should have took less. He did take less to make the 3 peat happen and Buss thanked him publicly for it which always goes over looked. Hell Kobe's first 3 years he didn't even make 5 mil total, and in the 3 peat he made less than guys like Parsons make now

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast