Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderNation24 View Post
    Richards tied a career best with 11 strikeouts tonight. Scioscia let him go 8.1 innings, then pulls him. My question is, "Why?" Let the man try to set a new career best and, if nothing else, complete the game. How about this: either don't let Richards start the 8th inning, or let him finish the game. What is the point of letting him go one-third of an inning with every intention of replacing him? (The pitch count is irrelevant for Richards at this point because he is proven enough, so I hope that is not the reason for the pitching change.) Is there really a better option in the bullpen over Richards? I would really like to understand Scioscia's mindset with these pitching moves.
    Scioscia doesn't really do things based on merit of thought. I think he's too busy thinking about the lasagna he's going to have after the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hangin n Wangin View Post
    Scioscia doesn't really do things based on merit of thought. I think he's too busy thinking about the lasagna he's going to have after the game.
    Shoe gets pulled after 6 innings of shutout baseball a couple of games ago only for the bullpen (Bedrosian) to cough up the game...

3. 08-09-2015, 05:27 PM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12