Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Kings hire Dean Oliver "The father of basketball analytics"

Oliver is one of the fathers of the NBA analytics movement, helped driven by his publication of Basketball on Paper in 2002. Oliver has introduced statistics and concepts like Offensive and Defensive Rating, four factor analysis and points produced among other things.

Oliver has previous experience working in the NBA, working with both the Seattle Supersonics and the Denver Nuggets front offices, including when the Nuggets traded for Allen Iverson. It's yet unclear what exact position that Oliver will have within the Kings front office although it's a good bet it will have to do something with heading the analytics department. We'll update if we hear further information.
    http://www.sactownroyalty.com/2014/9...ru-dean-oliver

There's a tiny bit more in the article that i linked. Seems like a wise move for a team that is focusing on advanced stats/analytics...

“My team is a super team, just young.” - Kings GM Vlade Divac. June 21, 2018

I love it, this shows the Kings are willing to do anything to turn this thing around. After this signing there were a lot of jokes going around. For example: "Can this guy play PF", "Does he have a nice J", "Can he block a shot", etc. Well, the obvious answer is NO he can't... but he can help put our team in position to collect some wins. Hell, anything to give us a little edge.

I said a while back in a another thread, that we're basically doing the "Money Ball" thing. This further proves my statement. Not that anyone was opposing it... Haha

Great signing!!! Trading AI for Billups was genius!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZebraCity916:29092427
    I said a while back in a another thread, that we're basically doing the "Money Ball" thing. This further proves my statement. Not that anyone was opposing it... Haha

Great signing!!! Trading AI for Billups was genius!!!
    He was with the Nuggets when they traded for Iverson, not the other way around

Welcome to Good Boogie, home of the Good Boogie

Boogie Cousins for MVP 2015

He also drafted Ty Lawson
    Patriots Forum HOF Class of 2011