Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How did you feel about the 2014 Indians season?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • The season was okay, the Indians played hard although we're not in postseason

2 100.00%
  • The season was a failure because the Indians didn't win a World Series title

1 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

How did you feel about the 2014 Indians season?

How did you feel about the 2014 Cleveland Indians season?

Dumb poll...only gives 2 options which don't come close to covering all possible feelings on the season.

The fact that they didn't win the World Series doesn't make this season a failure...NOBODY expected them to win the World Series (and if you did...you should be fitted for a helmet!).

They played hard all year...I don't think that they TRIED to lose games...but, I am still disappointed. I am disappointed in the defense (led all of MLB in errors...inexcusable). I am disappointed in the offense, especially during the 2nd half...2nd fewest runs in the AL during the 2nd half of the season. I am disappointed in the front office...they didn't do enough to fill the holes that were left after the 2013 season to allow this ballclub to take the next step...which is inexcusable.

I was encouraged by Michael Brantley becoming an absolute STUD. I was encouraged by the rotation during the 2nd half of the season...although, too little....too late. I was encouraged by Yan Gomes...getting him and Mike Aviles for Esmil Rogers has turned in to one of the more lopsided trades that we have made. I was encouraged by Carlos Santana's 2nd half where he cut his Ks in half. I was encouraged by Kyle Crockett...not a whole lot of fans even knew who he was prior to his call-up...and he made himself right at home in the 'pen. I was obviously encouraged by Corey Kluber becoming a bonafide ace.

Overall...this season was a disappointment, not because they didn't win the World Series but because they didn't seem to take that next step that we expected to see. Jason Kipnis saw a dramatic drop in pop as well as consistency. Carlos Santana had a horrendous start to the year (horrendous doesn't seem like a bad enough adjective to describe it). The starting rotation, which we were counting on to replace Jimenez and Kazmir through attrition, started the year out terribly (Masterson, Salazar, and McAllister all sucked).

Going forward...this team needs to make significant upgrades in order to get the fans to even consider filling Progressive Field up with any consistency. The Cavaliers will be playing into June and selling out every game on the calendar, which will take away entertainment dollars early in the season...the Browns finally have players that could make them relevant, which will take away the entertainment dollars late in the season. The front office needs to give fans a reason to support the Tribe.

pros and cons....
    kluber and the pitching staff were amazing for the most part and the bats just didnt produce when needed
    ....coooookie

Quote Originally Posted by browniebuck View Post
    Dumb poll...only gives 2 options which don't come close to covering all possible feelings on the season.

The fact that they didn't win the World Series doesn't make this season a failure...NOBODY expected them to win the World Series (and if you did...you should be fitted for a helmet!).

They played hard all year...I don't think that they TRIED to lose games...but, I am still disappointed. I am disappointed in the defense (led all of MLB in errors...inexcusable). I am disappointed in the offense, especially during the 2nd half...2nd fewest runs in the AL during the 2nd half of the season. I am disappointed in the front office...they didn't do enough to fill the holes that were left after the 2013 season to allow this ballclub to take the next step...which is inexcusable.

I was encouraged by Michael Brantley becoming an absolute STUD. I was encouraged by the rotation during the 2nd half of the season...although, too little....too late. I was encouraged by Yan Gomes...getting him and Mike Aviles for Esmil Rogers has turned in to one of the more lopsided trades that we have made. I was encouraged by Carlos Santana's 2nd half where he cut his Ks in half. I was encouraged by Kyle Crockett...not a whole lot of fans even knew who he was prior to his call-up...and he made himself right at home in the 'pen. I was obviously encouraged by Corey Kluber becoming a bonafide ace.

Overall...this season was a disappointment, not because they didn't win the World Series but because they didn't seem to take that next step that we expected to see. Jason Kipnis saw a dramatic drop in pop as well as consistency. Carlos Santana had a horrendous start to the year (horrendous doesn't seem like a bad enough adjective to describe it). The starting rotation, which we were counting on to replace Jimenez and Kazmir through attrition, started the year out terribly (Masterson, Salazar, and McAllister all sucked).

Going forward...this team needs to make significant upgrades in order to get the fans to even consider filling Progressive Field up with any consistency. The Cavaliers will be playing into June and selling out every game on the calendar, which will take away entertainment dollars early in the season...the Browns finally have players that could make them relevant, which will take away the entertainment dollars late in the season. The front office needs to give fans a reason to support the Tribe.
    What are you talking about? They are building that giant bar in RF.

#DoubleNickels

Maybe they can get a new score board, an escalator and some colorful bunting, too.. that should do it..

Pitching was great but bats suffered most of the season. Lots of good building blocker were put in place for 2016