• Tijuana

27 50.94%
  • Baltimore

24 45.28%
  • GM's Vote Here

2 3.77%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tijuana pretty easily tbh.

Love that West/Brook combo in the front court. Enough space for both of them, plus Kyrie/Butler/Green with that 3 point range

Tijuana's defense is below average but who do they have to defend? Dwight isn't carrying offenses anymore haha.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Nope... Sorry but no cheaters allowed... If you are caught cheating you shouldnt be next to guys that have done nothing wrong... Lets put a cheater like brady next to some of the best QBs ever like Young and Montana

He has cheated several times and now lies about it and looks like a scumbag pos
    The Death of PSD.

Quote Originally Posted by unleashthebeast View Post
    Honestly I am a matchup nightmare here for Tijuana.

His two best offensive options in Kyrie and Brook are matchup against two of the best defenders at their positions. Like MBT said, Dwight vs Brook matchups over their careers have been extremely one-sided, and Beverley in his one matchup with Kyrie forced 6 turnovers and had Kyrie shooting 42%.

And everyone is knocking my offense, but it is plenty capable to score enough to beat this Tijuana team. In case you didn't know, Josh McRoberts was ****ing great last year. Outstanding passer at his position and also the perfect floor-spacer for Dwight. And Iggy-Manu are both still plenty capable of being playmakers for their team.

Try to knock my offense all you want but with Tijuana's best 2 offensive options being slowed down by 2 great defenders, my offense will score enough to win this series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportfan View Post
    Tijuana pretty easily tbh.

Love that West/Brook combo in the front court. Enough space for both of them, plus Kyrie/Butler/Green with that 3 point range

Tijuana's defense is below average but who do they have to defend? Dwight isn't carrying offenses anymore haha.
    These posts sum up the back and forth I had with myself before casting my vote for Tijuana. Tijuana's biggest weakness is probably defending the PG spot with Kyrie but Beverly won't exploit that at all. West is the perfect big at PF for that team and if they need to drop down and double Dwight you can leave Iguodala wide open who was barely an offensive threat last year.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

with brook being healthy, i think that Tijuana wins by a decent amount. Don't really think that baltimore has the offensive firepower to beat a team with kyrie/lopez

baltimores starting 5 are all good players, but i dont see any of them being able to carry the load offensively.

Tight matchup, let's get more votes people.

Quote Originally Posted by xnick5757 View Post
    with brook being healthy, i think that Tijuana wins by a decent amount. Don't really think that baltimore has the offensive firepower to beat a team with kyrie/lopez

baltimores starting 5 are all good players, but i dont see any of them being able to carry the load offensively.
    But Kyrie and Lopez can carry a team in a playoff series? We surely have never seen that before. And Lopez is matched up against a dude that has dominated him his entire career, and Kyrie is against a great defensive player too.

So I'm not sure how you can say they can beat us because of their offensive firepower when their main two weapons are slowed down by elite defenders

Quote Originally Posted by unleashthebeast View Post
    But Kyrie and Lopez can carry a team in a playoff series? We surely have never seen that before. And Lopez is matched up against a dude that has dominated him his entire career, and Kyrie is against a great defensive player too.

So I'm not sure how you can say they can beat us because of their offensive firepower when their main two weapons are slowed down by elite defenders
    We can all agree that Joakim Noah is an elite defender at the C position, correct? And we can all agree that the Bulls as a whole are an elite defensive team, correct?

Well, Brook Lopez last year in the playoffs vs CHI - 22.3 PPG, 7.4 REB, 3.0 BLK, 47% FG% (25.2 PER and 113 ORtg) This, on a team where his usage rate during that 7 game series was 28.4% and the Nets were starting guys like Gerald Wallace, Reggie Evans and Deron Williams.

What you are failing to understand is just how well the spacing works for that Tijuana team. West is literally the perfect PF next to Brook which will allow him to work in the post/paint due to West's solid mid-range jumper. Not to mention, D-Will has plummeted and Kyrie will only continue to get better (and will be more efficient this year now that he FINALLY has options and is not surrounded by turds in CLE).

But, let's go by that "elite defenders" will slow down offensive options you are selling. Jimmy Butler will be guarding Manu for most of the time he's on the floor, which BTW, isn't much because Manu hasn't played over 24 minutes per game for the past 3 seasons and his playoff minutes have been in steady decline since the 2009 season. Suddenly he's asked to be a #2 option, without a guy like Tony Parker to create looks for him, or guys in the wings in Green and Kawhi who will allow him to necessary spacing to attack and create, or a proven winning system in place (Popovich).

So, when Jimmy slows down Manu, who else is going to beat Tijuana? Dwight cannot carry a team anymore and Iguodala/Beverley/McRoberts will simply not get the job done against a much more balanced team in Tijuana.

Solid matchup, thanks UTB and everyone who took the time to vote!

Lopez doesn't even have a foot for this series.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12