Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

starting 2 guard who's bettwr, Klay Thompson or Lance Stephenson?

Eye test and stat test, please disregard any hype surrounding a particular player.

Me and a couple of other guys were called homers last season for calling Thompson potentually the best 2 way SG guard in the league abd a top 5 player at his position. This was primarily accused by Rockets fans and other Dubs fans that this was a homer statement.

Indefensible spelling mistake aside, I'd give Thompson the edge. I think Stephenson is the more versatile all around player. He's probably the better defender, I can trust him more to run an offense in a pinch and he's more productive all-around statistically. However, I don't know that I trust his scoring number or efficiency from last season and I certainly don't appreciate his antics on the court.

With Thompson, I know what I'm getting. He's not a great rebounder and he's not going to run your offense for you. But he's about as reliable a 3-point shooter as you'll find and he's still a very good defensive player. You also don't have to worry about Thompson pulling some stupid crap that's going to infuriate the other team and get tons of attention on Sportscenter. I trust his numbers more and I trust him more as a person and a teammate.

I would pick Thompson out of the 2. I really want to see Stephenson without that elite defense around him on that end, and while I do think Klay is obviously the better shooter/scorer, Stephenson makes the comparison closer because he is a very good rebounder for his position.

But I take Klay by a smidge here

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Probably Thompson for the reasons mbt said. Being a top 5 sg isn't saying much tho....it's by far the worst position.

Klay, especially considering attitude.

But the whole "top 5" SG has never meant less. There are literally like 2 or 3 true star type SG's in the league. The position is as weak as I can remember

I take Lance, more athletic, can create for himself and others, good slasher, plays good d to

Depends on the rest of the guys around them, but I'd take the prototypical lights out shooter who can D up at the 2 over the wild card, frequently out-of-control playmaker.

This is Klay by a mile for me.

It boggles my mind how quickly people over-rate players after one good season.
    Hey look everyone, it's "Vintage" Aaron Brooks.

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    Depends on who I got.

If I got a good point guard with a decent back up and a SF that likes to handle the ball (like PP or PG) then I'll take Klay, but if I got a SF with no ball handling skills and my back-up PG isn't solid, or my starting PG gets injured, then I'm taking Stephenson.

Stephenson has a more complete game, so if I am in dire need of additional ball handling and need a little help on the boards, I'll take Stephenson, but if I got good ball handlers and a solid front line, I want Klay for sure.
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

I'd take Oladipo over both of them lol

I musts admit I have seen lance play a lot more than klay. So when I think about the "eye" test all I have to go with for klay is his playoff games and the rare occasions they play the bulls. Lance has the ability to take over a game on both ends of the floor, at least for a solid stretch or a quarter.

Still, if I were starting a team right now I would take Klay. 3 point shooting is the current way of the NBA, and if you can get someone to create for him as well I think he's the better player.

I imagine our current bulls lineup and think who I would rather have in. Lance would help out defensively and creating shots, whereas klay would help our 3 point situation. If I had to choose for the bulls right now, I would say Klay. Thats really the best criteria I can go off of considering there are so many different factors to determining who is a better player.
    "We got to win. Win no matter what. Trip, kick somebody, fight, bite. Whatever. Win."
    - Derrick Rose

Klay is more of a support player, Lance can create and distribute.

So it depends on what a team needs...

If the HEAT had Lance, then of course I would want him running the point more times then not. SO I would most likely take lance because he would help my team more.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

I'd take Thompson over Stephenson any day. Better shooter, defender and he can impact the game without having the ball in his hands. Lance needs the ball to be effective

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Depends on the rest of the guys around them, but I'd take the prototypical lights out shooter who can D up at the 2 over the wild card, frequently out-of-control playmaker.
    This. I think Klay is better especially if you have someone else who can handle the ball and distribute.

I also wouldn't want to rely on Lance in that role too much if possible so if starting from scratch it would still be Klay just knowing he has more of a specific role (3 and D) while Lance is more versatile (but I don't quite trust him, he can be out of control as you said).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast