Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What Happens? (we are keeping score)

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lions Win (1 point)

18 78.26%
  • Giants Win (1 point)

3 13.04%
  • CJ catches > 140.5 yards (2 points)

11 47.83%
  • CJ catches < 140.5 yards (2 points)

12 52.17%
  • Lions D will score > 1.5 point (3 points)

10 43.48%
  • Lions D will score < 1.5 points (3 points)

13 56.52%
  • Staffs thows > .5 ints (4 pts)

13 56.52%
  • Staffs thows < .5 ints (4 pts)

10 43.48%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526
    I read that Ziggy only had 4 QB hits all of last season (sacks aren't double counted as hits) and had 4 alone against the Giants. That doesn't make sense.
    2014 Adopt-A-Lion: Golden Tate

Quote Originally Posted by Five Angels View Post
    2014 Prediction Game Champion

Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    He doesn't necessarily play LE or RE. The Lions DE's switch sides depending on where the opposing TE lines up.
    The majority of his snaps last year have been at RE. With him, he can rush at any end or DT spot. If I'm running the show, the majority of his snaps would be at LE. Reason is, no RT in the league could handle his speed & power. You'd get a consistent collapse of the pocket play in and play out. Dominant.

Anybody also catch his block on the INT ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lF4-mMe0Pnk

Oh My. Head on a swivel at all times with that beast out there.

Quote Originally Posted by bbd24 View Post
    The majority of his snaps last year have been at RE. With him, he can rush at any end or DT spot. If I'm running the show, the majority of his snaps would be at LE. Reason is, no RT in the league could handle his speed & power. You'd get a consistent collapse of the pocket play in and play out. Dominant.

Thankfully he wasn't too bored & too old to block on that one!

Do you guys think we would have drafted Ziggy if either; a) Schwartz wasn't our coach. b) if 3 tackles weren't taken before him?

Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    So we drafted him to run block...I had no idea.
    We drafted him to play TE, no stats dont mean he didnt help us, The defense having to use a CB on him on every route alone helps us, Not to mention blocking and all the other little things like him helping open the field up for the other guys...

When I saw that block live I assumed it would be a penalty

Does anyone have the footage of him hurdling one of the linemen from Monday night? I want to say it happen in the 2nd or the 3rd.
    Hey look everyone, it's "Vintage" Aaron Brooks.

Yeah but you're talking about last year. They changed the way the DE's line up this season. Last year the Lions had a distinct LE and a RE and as you mentioned Ziggy played RE. This year they don't do that. The DE's swap sides depending on where the opposing TE lines up. Ziggy plays the open side now....that's opposite of wherever the TE lines up.
    2014 Adopt-A-Lion: Golden Tate

Yeah but you're talking about last year. They changed the way the DE's line up this season. Last year the Lions had a distinct LE and a RE and as you mentioned Ziggy played RE. This year they don't do that. The DE's swap sides depending on where the opposing TE lines up. Ziggy plays the open side now....that's opposite of wherever the TE lines up.
    Correct...

I think it should help a lil too, If your rushing the same tackle all game they kinda get to know what your trying to do.. switching it up a bit is nice, LT could end up facing 4 different DE's throughout the game.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Wick925 View Post
    Correct...

I think it should help a lil too, If your rushing the same tackle all game they kinda get to know what your trying to do.. switching it up a bit is nice, LT could end up facing 4 different DE's throughout the game.
    yeah speed change, strength change, force off the line change that has to make it harder on anyone trying to block those guys.

I realize that. Again, with Ziggy's versatility, you can line him up anywhere on that line, even at DT. Even off the line, at OLB....

Regardless, what I'm saying is I'd have him full on at LE going up against the opponents RT Sunday in and Sunday out. Their is nobody at RT in this league that can stop his strength, power, and speed. NOBODY.
    He'd put pressure on the QB and push that pocket non stop. Granted, he does a darn good job at it playing RE but still. LE should be his permanent spot.

I'm not saying he can't play RE, because again, he's dominant there as well. I'm just saying LE would be the better consistent spot for him. Unblockable there on EVERY play. Dominant.
    Last edited by bbd24; 09-13-2014 at 05:29 PM.

I realize that. Again, with Ziggy's versatility, you can line him up anywhere on that line, even at DT. Even off the line, at OLB....

Regardless, what I'm saying is I'd have him full on at LE going up against the opponents RT Sunday in and Sunday out. Their is nobody at RT in this league that can stop his strength, power, and speed. NOBODY.
    He'd put pressure on the QB and push that pocket non stop. Granted, he does a darn good job at it playing RE but still. LE should be his permanent spot.

I'm not saying he can't play RE, because again, he's dominant there as well. I'm just saying LE would be the better consistent spot for him. Unblockable there on EVERY play. Dominant.
    We dont have the same defense anymore, There is no RE and LE... Its "Open" and "Closed" referring to where the tight end lines up, Which keeps the TE from chipping Ziggy on his way... Im not a fan of ever having a person line up in the same place every snap... Although it works for Sherman lol

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526