Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 414 of 418 FirstFirst ... 314364404412413414415416 ... LastLast
Results 6,196 to 6,210 of 6260
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I’m going to only address the SWR thing. His ERA and BB/9 are pretty ugly this year. From my perspective it’s nothing to worry about yet. He’s 19 in AA. You know how it is with prospects. There’s lots of hot young players, plus there’s a major correction factor this year since all the rankings of the last year plus were done with no games being played.
    True ok thanks. I am also not worried about him.

As much as it sucks to see SWR fall off the list, if it was made recently I can understand as he has been struggling the past month or so. As everyone said though, a 19 year ol in AA striking out 13/9 is solid. He could be working on things right now or something. His walks have gone threw the roof lately. It's either he's forcing pitches to work on things, or he's hurt and can't command the baseball right now. Either way, he hasn't pitched very well of late.

It is great to see people still love Groshans though. His slash line in July is .400/.491/.533 so he is maximizing his trade value right now

Kevin Smith is looking even better than the guy we saw in 2018 before he tried to change his swing for more launch too. He is mashing in Buffalo this year to the tune of .290/.383/.598 . He started out a bit slow, but he's on a 13 game hit streak right now and over his last 46 games he is slashing .318/.414/.641 with 13 HR's, 3 triples,10 doubles and 11 SB's (in 14 attempts). If he keeps that up he's on pace to have career highs in BA, OBP, SLG%, HR, RBI and BB. I don't care if he isn't on the BA list anymore, he is a legit prospect again.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Apparently we are interested in Max but he wants to ideally go somewhere with an extension. Given he has a no trade clause, he has some sway where he goes.
    Three year deal with a fourth year player option?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderdan22 View Post
    Three year deal with a fourth year player option?
    I think he will ask for 40 years per year for 3 years. I would probably pass in that scenario unless the prospect is really cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    I think he will ask for 40 years per year for 3 years. I would probably pass in that scenario unless the prospect is really cheap.
    Depends on how much it costs in terms of specs, AAV and term. He's 37. Power pitchers don't tend to pitch like he has at his age or beyond. I'd be pretty cautious on the investment in both AAV/Term and specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic98 View Post
    Depends on how much it costs in terms of specs, AAV and term. He's 37. Power pitchers don't tend to pitch like he has at his age or beyond. I'd be pretty cautious on the investment in both AAV/Term and specs.
    So if he negotiates an extension… does he still get all the money the nationals are paying him through 2028?

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    So if he negotiates an extension… does he still get all the money the nationals are paying him through 2028?
    Yes. The new deal will just be an extension and not affect his future earnings from his past deal as the "extension" starts for next season.

My understanding of the deal is that the end of this contract can follow him to the next team (unless the Nats absorb/send money or the team inheriting that swallows it and sends less prospect capital).

Think of it as his own Bobby Bonilla contract where he will be receiving a lot for years to come, based on the trade just depends on who sends the cheques.

Idk our prospects that well. Do you guys think any of Kay, Hatch or Murphy could be future 5th starter? Next year in case Ray and Matz walk. Or are they another TJ Zeuch, Thornton, Reid-Foley types?

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    Idk our prospects that well. Do you guys think any of Kay, Hatch or Murphy could be future 5th starter? Next year in case Ray and Matz walk. Or are they another TJ Zeuch, Thornton, Reid-Foley types?
    I think this season was the opportunity for one of them to make their case. They've all struggled or have been injured (Hatch). Next year they need to have a better option for the back end of the rotation then any of them IMO. Maybe they are 7/8/9 on the list?

I think the plan needs to be to resign Ray. He has a great relationship with the pitching coaches. This relationship has revived his career. I'm sure they can work something out.

Berrios/Ray/Ryu/Manoah/Stripling

Ya I’d turn Kay , hatch and Murphy into
    Relievers for good at this point

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    I think this season was the opportunity for one of them to make their case. They've all struggled or have been injured (Hatch). Next year they need to have a better option for the back end of the rotation then any of them IMO. Maybe they are 7/8/9 on the list?

I think the plan needs to be to resign Ray. He has a great relationship with the pitching coaches. This relationship has revived his career. I'm sure they can work something out.

Berrios/Ray/Ryu/Manoah/Stripling
    That certainly makes sense. In case Ray or Semien decide to test the market do we get a pick back?

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    That certainly makes sense. In case Ray or Semien decide to test the market do we get a pick back?
    If they get a qualifying offer, we do.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    If they get a qualifying offer, we do.

And it is hard to conceive of them choosing not to qualify either of them. Both are no-brainers.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    And it is hard to conceive of them choosing not to qualify either of them. Both are no-brainers.
    Yup, both will be declined as well, I imagine. I know our need is pitching but I really hope we re-sign Semien.

Semien is probably a top 5 MVP and Ray top 5 Cy Young so they'll definitely get paid. If I had to pick only 1, Semien given than Ray is inconsistent.