Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 407 of 417 FirstFirst ... 307357397405406407408409 ... LastLast
Results 6,091 to 6,105 of 6253
    Quote Originally Posted by LechWalesa View Post
    I'd rather trade Kirk. He's not going to last behind the dish if he doesn't lose more weight.
    Kirks approach is so much more mature than morenos (although Moreno seems to be coming around). If any of our catchers is going to hit in the ML, itís Kirk.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Kirks approach is so much more mature than morenos (although Moreno seems to be coming around). If any of our catchers is going to hit in the ML, itís Kirk.
    I'm more worried about his defense. If he doesn't stick at catcher, he's a 1B or DH. That doesn't have much value in today's game.

I'm more worried about his defense. If he doesn't stick at catcher, he's a 1B or DH. That doesn't have much value in today's game.
    Depends on how much he hits. We have the current MVP leader playing 1B/DH.

Bring LGJ back into the infield, 3B, and Teo, Springer and Grichuk in the OF

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Depends on how much he hits. We have the current MVP leader playing 1B/DH.
    Absolutely. If we think Kirk is Vlad Jr. Jr., we keep him. No doubt. I'm just not convinced he's THAT good yet.

Absolutely. If we think Kirk is Vlad Jr. Jr., we keep him. No doubt. I'm just not convinced he's THAT good yet.
    Kirk is no Vlad, not even close

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    Kirk is no Vlad, not even close
    That's why I'm advocating trading him. Unless he can stick at catcher, he's probably not going to be good enough with the bat to warrant being a fulltime DH.

Yeah I say we keep the best defensive one of the bunch. The way this offense is, you can deal with a black hole there.

It's a good situation to be in. This FO's player development has been insane.

Austin Martin hit his first homerun tonight for the Fishercats.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Over MArtin's last 5 games he is 6 for 16 with 5 BB's, 3 SO's and an OPS of 1.170. It also looks like he loves hitting against LHP early on.

I am super excited over Martin. We are talking about a dude who DESTROYED the SEC over his 3 "seasons" (2020 was only 16 games because of COVID) to the tune of .368/.474/.532 with 85 walks and 82 K's in 140 games. He isn't a big power guy (at least not yet) but his ability to barrel the baseball and eye at the plate both appear to be elite. In an ideal world he stays in CF and turns into Grichuk's (or Gurriel's) replacement when their contract runs out or get traded for pitching.

Brett Wallace so called advanced hitting has scarred me for life

Quote Originally Posted by wamco View Post
    Brett Wallace so called advanced hitting has scarred me for life
    I never believed in that dude. Was very happy when they flipped him for Gose.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Over MArtin's last 5 games he is 6 for 16 with 5 BB's, 3 SO's and an OPS of 1.170. It also looks like he loves hitting against LHP early on.

I am super excited over Martin. We are talking about a dude who DESTROYED the SEC over his 3 "seasons" (2020 was only 16 games because of COVID) to the tune of .368/.474/.532 with 85 walks and 82 K's in 140 games. He isn't a big power guy (at least not yet) but his ability to barrel the baseball and eye at the plate both appear to be elite. In an ideal world he stays in CF and turns into Grichuk's (or Gurriel's) replacement when their contract runs out or get traded for pitching.
    Awesome to hear. Still small sample in the minors, but the college sample was certainly large. Like everyone else, I was thrilled we somehow landed him in the draft. His positional versatility also allows us to fit him in anywhere.

That's why I'm advocating trading him. Unless he can stick at catcher, he's probably not going to be good enough with the bat to warrant being a fulltime DH.
    When I looked back on the playoffs last year, Kirk was about the only guy on the team that could hit the heater. His bat speed is on par with Vladdy, although not as good a hitter. (yet)

Why trade him?