Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 395 of 417 FirstFirst ... 295345385393394395396397405 ... LastLast
Results 5,911 to 5,925 of 6253
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    And generally to hit your best hitter second instead of the traditional third.
    And your clean up hitter third, as there is at least a 40% chance that either the #1, or #2 batter made it on base.

Recently best hitters have hit 2nd, but in the end you do what works best with your particular players. If Biggio had shown any ability to lead off successfully the last 2 years I'd say you could go any way you want. ...but he hasn't. For someone being so good at working counts and getting on base, he's been terrible leading off games/innings. So I think we see him hit either 2nd or 9th and Tellez somewhere in the middle.
    It will just depend on how well guys like Vladdy, Teoscar, Tellez and Gurriel hit. All four have the potential to post an OPS around .900. Aka be a very potent bat in the middle of the lineup. If the last 3 are rolling like last year and Vladdy shows up with his trimmed down frame, hitting Springer first would still make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Recently best hitters have hit 2nd, but in the end you do what works best with your particular players. If Biggio had shown any ability to lead off successfully the last 2 years I'd say you could go any way you want. ...but he hasn't. For someone being so good at working counts and getting on base, he's been terrible leading off games/innings. So I think we see him hit either 2nd or 9th and Tellez somewhere in the middle.
    It will just depend on how well guys like Vladdy, Teoscar, Tellez and Gurriel hit. All four have the potential to post an OPS around .900. Aka be a very potent bat in the middle of the lineup. If the last 3 are rolling like last year and Vladdy shows up with his trimmed down frame, hitting Springer first would still make sense.
    100% agree.

Keith Law posted his Top 100 prospects. It is subscription, so I can't post it all.

5. Pearson
    14. Martin (over Torkelson)
    79. Manoah
    92. Kirk
    98. Martinez

No Groshans or SWR.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Keith Law posted his Top 100 prospects. It is subscription, so I can't post it all.

5. Pearson
    14. Martin (over Torkelson)
    79. Manoah
    92. Kirk
    98. Martinez

No Groshans or SWR.
    any reasoning for Grosh out of his top 100? or he doesn't mention him

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    any reasoning for Grosh out of his top 100? or he doesn't mention him
    Just not mentioned.

The highlight comments on those listed:

Pearson: One of best SP prospects in baseball. 4 pitches he can throw for strikes. No.1 SP potential.
    Martin: Best in draft. MVP level potential. Best fit probably 3B
    Manoah: Best RH pitcher drafted a couple years back. Potential to move through system fast. Mid-rotation potential. High floor.
    Kirk: Bat looks great. Defensive tools look good. Needs to lose weight (noted he has lost weight this off-season) in order to stick at catcher.
    Martinez: Last year thought he could become Jays Top prospect after Pearson graduates. Martin draft/sign changes that. Still bullish on potential. AS caliber ceiling at 3B. But further away. No minors season last year makes it harder to evaluate.

Just not mentioned.

Pearson: One of best SP prospects in baseball. 4 pitches he can throw for strikes. No.1 SP potential.
    Manoah: Best RH pitcher drafted a couple years back. Potential to move through system fast. Mid-rotation potential. High floor.
    Kirk: Bat looks great. Defensive tools look good. Needs to lose weight (noted he has lost weight this off-season) in order to stick at catcher.
    Martinez: Last year thought he could become Jays Top prospect after Pearson graduates. Martin draft/sign changes that. Still bullish on potential. AS caliber ceiling at 3B. But further away. No minors season last year makes it harder to evaluate.
    Thanks.

Could be as a result of all the time he's missed, his foot injury and then the pandemic. The shutdown of the minors is really going to mess up some players

Orelvis Martinez is gonna be a good one I think.

Did he mention anything about Martin being an OF?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Did he mention anything about Martin being an OF?
    This is the quote: "Hes probably best suited to third base, but the Jays intend to try him out at shortstop which he has the athleticism and foot speed to handle with third, second or even center field all possibilities."

This is the quote: "Hes probably best suited to third base, but the Jays intend to try him out at shortstop which he has the athleticism and foot speed to handle with third, second or even center field all possibilities."
    I'm surprised Law didn't mention what his college coach said regarding position. 'he's a middle of the diamond player"

I think you have to start him out at SS/CF, then work from there.

Just not mentioned.

That's funny, Keith Law wrote SWR's description for Pearson?

Keith Law has always struck me as a guy who does nothing but blow hot air. The blip on Pearson confirms it for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    That's funny, Keith Law wrote SWR's description for Pearson?

Keith Law has always struck me as a guy who does nothing but blow hot air. The blip on Pearson confirms it for me.
    I always take Law with a grain of salt.

MLB rankings are also out.

Pearson
    Martin
    Groshans
    SWR

Ah thanks. Wish he discussed more abiut his potential there.