Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 305 of 417 FirstFirst ... 205255295303304305306307315355405 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,575 of 6253
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    In back to back years (their first two years at the helm) this FO is about to produce two top ten prospects in all of baseball, all the while not having a top ten pick.
    I had never thought about that. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I had never thought about that. Wow.
    Yes, step into the light!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Jansen, bouriki, mayza, SRF, Shafer, Romano, Perez, Murphy, Davis (that's only guys currently on the 40 man), to go along with best hitting prospect of all time - Vladdy Jr. Alford, Tellez and Urena.
    We are talking about being a top ten farm this year, right?

If so, according to MLB pipeline, of the guys you've listed only two register on the Jays top 30:

Patrick Murphy - 18
    Anthony Alford - 21

I'm pretty sure the Perez you listed is Hector who I believe was acquired in the Osuna trade.

So those two are going to knock this farm out of the top ten? Seriously?
    Last edited by Kenny Powders; 08-21-2019 at 07:01 PM.

Lol hitting on a 1st round pick doesn't translate to them knowing what it takes to win in the ALE.
    They took warmoth before Pearson.
    Exactly...they also took JB Woodman (yea who?) before Pete Alonso, Bichette, Bryan Reynolds and Sheldon Neuse. Are they hitting on some prospects? sure, but that's their damn job isn't it.

Some believe they are good at drafting and developing their prospects but I don't even see that. Where's the proof?.

Being bad on the ML side doesn't automatically make them good at drafting and developing.

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    Exactly...they also took JB Woodman (yea who?) before Pete Alonso, Bichette, Bryan Reynolds and Sheldon Neuse. Are they hitting on some prospects? sure, but that's their damn job isn't it.

Some believe they are good at drafting and developing their prospects but I don't even see that. Where's the proof?.

Being bad on the ML side doesn't automatically make them good at drafting and developing.
    So who in the MLB is good at drafting then? Because EVERY team passed on Bichette and Alonso.

Kay seems to be following the trend of big starts in Buffalo (Zeuch 9 inning no-hitter, Pearson with 7 scoreless innings). 6 scoreless innings for Kay. 3 hist, 3 walks, 6 strikeouts.
    Last edited by pebloemer; 08-21-2019 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    So who in the MLB is good at drafting then? Because EVERY team passed on Bichette and Alonso.
    I don't know, as I've said all along, results are what matter.

...and let me add Mike I'm only interested in how this FO is doing business and not what other teams do.

...and let me add Mike I'm only interested in how this FO is doing business and not what other teams do.
    I know. But my point is that in baseball everybody misses sometimes. Many times every year really. I would argue that itís actually the hardest sport to draft and make projections of players.

Tbh I don't even believe this farm is top 10 after graduating the AA specs.
    I believe I saw they were 10th right before Bo graduated. That hurts the ranking, but Pearsonís jump and the sheer volume of additions at the tdl, I imagine it will be very close if not better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    We are talking about being a top ten farm this year, right?

If so, according to MLB pipeline, of the guys you've listed only two register on the Jays top 30:

Patrick Murphy - 18
    Anthony Alford - 21

I'm pretty sure the Perez you listed is Hector who I believe was acquired in the Osuna trade.

So those two are going to knock this farm out of the top ten? Seriously?
    Kenny with the 1-2 Mayweather right there.

Gurriel, Bichette, Biggio all look pretty good so far. Even with a full season missed Nate Pearson has just made it to AAA and is primed to be a top 10 prospect next year and very well could be the top pitching prospect but I assume that you would expect more top notch prospects in 4 years with no top 10 draft picks? Also itís a good thing they noticed JB Woodman was a flop and traded him for Aledmys Diaz who later became Trent Thornton all while Woodman got released.

It boggles my mind why people arenít excited to see what this FO will do without any restrictions. Some posters on here go to ridiculous lengths to downplay anything theyíve done when it comes to rebuilding. Outside of holding onto Donaldson, theyíve done a good job in regards to the rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Gurriel, Bichette, Biggio all look pretty good so far. Even with a full season missed Nate Pearson has just made it to AAA and is primed to be a top 10 prospect next year and very well could be the top pitching prospect but I assume that you would expect more top notch prospects in 4 years with no top 10 draft picks? Also itís a good thing they noticed JB Woodman was a flop and traded him for Aledmys Diaz who later became Trent Thornton all while Woodman got released.

It boggles my mind why people arenít excited to see what this FO will do without any restrictions. Some posters on here go to ridiculous lengths to downplay anything theyíve done when it comes to rebuilding. Outside of holding onto Donaldson, theyíve done a good job in regards to the rebuild.
    Love Diaz, that was a good trade, low risk, same as the Grichuk pick-up (not the contract)

Thornton was also good...I'm a fan, just not sure he can stay in the rotation long term with such a violent delivery. Alonso/Reynolds/Neuse trumps them all though.

Love Diaz, that was a good trade, low risk, same as the Grichuk pick-up (not the contract)

Thornton was also good...I'm a fan, just not sure he can stay in the rotation long term with such a violent delivery. Alonso/Reynolds/Neuse trumps them all though.
    How come you didn't include the guy they drafted after him (Bichette) this time? Obviously taking Woodman was a mistake but it's a mistake they realized early and still managed to turn nothing into something. If you want to be petty and call them bad drafters because they took JB over those 3 then I assume you want to call every GM in the league a bad drafter because the entire league passed on those guys too. May as well throw Shane Bieber on that list as well.
    Facts can be hypothetical.

It's a dumb argument anyway. All teams miss out on good to great players in every draft and using that as a justification to call out one FO screams of desperation

Even God GM Alex Anthopolous took DJ Davis over Marcus Stroman.
    Last edited by Kenny Powders; 08-22-2019 at 10:33 AM.