Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 355 of 356 FirstFirst ... 255305345353354355356 LastLast
Results 5,311 to 5,325 of 5336
    I still want Lacy....unless Tork somehow falls all the way to 5 cause teams want arms...although it would be interesting to see them get Hancock and then Wilcox in Rd 2. They got Groshans and Kloff from the same HS. Those two would be two big power righties from the same college rotation. I dont think Wilcox will fall though. i actually like him more than Hancock. He's 6'5 235lbs, and throws 98-100 with a high 80s slider and low 80's change up. I could actually see him being their selection at #5 tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    I still want Lacy....unless Tork somehow falls all the way to 5 cause teams want arms...although it would be interesting to see them get Hancock and then Wilcox in Rd 2. They got Groshans and Kloff from the same HS. Those two would be two big power righties from the same college rotation. I dont think Wilcox will fall though. i actually like him more than Hancock. He's 6'5 235lbs, and throws 98-100 with a high 80s slider and low 80's change up. I could actually see him being their selection at #5 tbh.
    I want Lacy as well but I read somewhere that he could go 1-1 mainly because teams are hesitant to draft college first basemen first overall. Obviously Torkelson is not your average run of the mill college first baseman. There were right ups on each player but I take what Law says with a grain of salt. Somewhat surprised he had Jared Kelly so low, a HS arm who can throw triple digits. Also, JT Ginn never made the list due to elbow surgery

I just want someone who can move quickly if they stay healthy, not a 17 year old that is going to take 4 or 5 years no matter how well he plays. There's enough college studs out there they can find a stud power arm capable of rising quickly along with Manoah.

The timing of the stoppage really sucks for the Jays. They need their top young arms to log innings in order to get to the show asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Keith Law put out his top 30 draft eligible prospects for the upcoming draft:

Spencer Torkelson - 1B Arizona State
    Austin Martin - IF/OF - Vanderbilt
    Asa Lacy - LHP - Texas A&M
    Nick Gonzales - IF New Mexico State
    Emerson Hancock - RHP - Georgia
    Max Meyer - RHP - Minnesota
    Zac Veen - OF - Spruce Creek HS
    Reid Detmers - LHP - Louisville
    Cole Cavilli - RHP - Oklahoma
    Patrick Bailey - C - NC State
    Austin Hendrick - OF West Allegheny HS
    Robert Hassell - OF Independence HS
    Heston Kjurstad - OF Arkansas
    Carmen Mlodzinski - RHP South Carolina
    Nick Bistko - RHP Central Bucks East HS
    Tanner Burns - RHP - Auburn
    Mick Abel - RHP - Jesuit HS
    Jared Kelly - RHP Refugio HS
    Pete Crow Armstrong - Harvard West Lake HS
    Ed Howard - SS - Mount Carmel HS
    Austin Wells - C - Arizona
    Garrett Crochet - LHP - Tennessee
    Garrett Mitchell - OF - UCLA
    Clayton Beeter - RHP Texas Tech
    CJ. Van Eyk - RHP Florida State
    Justin Lange - RHP - Llano HS
    Dylan Crews - OF Lake Mercy HS
    Cole Wilcox - RHP Georgia
    Tyler Soderstrom - C - Turlock HS
    David Calabrese - OF St Elizabeth Catholic HS
    I would probably target a top outfielder.

ouch, it looks like we are only going to get a 5 round draft this year..... @#%$#

ouch, it looks like we are only going to get a 5 round draft this year..... @#%$#
    And then a ton of undrafted FA?

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    I would probably target a top outfielder.

I don't think you can keep using the draft to build this core. It will take too long for them to get to the pros and become elite players at the MLB level. I'd rather buy or trade for a top level bat in the OF than wait for one to get here in 3 to 5 years.

I don't think you can keep using the draft to build this core. It will take too long for them to get to the pros and become elite players at the MLB level. I'd rather buy or trade for a top level bat in the OF than wait for one to get here in 3 to 5 years.
    I just want them to pick a player who will play the field with that pick. Much easier to project. They can go for high ceiling pitchers after that.

So here's a question for everyone. Lets say a shortened season happens. Do you still call up Nate Pearson?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    So here's a question for everyone. Lets say a shortened season happens. Do you still call up Nate Pearson?
    Very good question.

I wouldnít, but Iím sure most would. If itís shortened enough then maybe he can pitch the entire season without needing rest.

Very good question.

I wouldnít, but Iím sure most would. If itís shortened enough then maybe he can pitch the entire season without needing rest.
    I'm on the fence with the question at the moment. You covered one of the pros with him possibly being able to go a full season. I just wonder if a shortened season would cause for a change in his routine or anything? Mainly with the speculation of weekly double headers and what not. I guess it's a hard question to answer with all the uncertainties.
    Facts can be hypothetical.

All depends on what mlb decides on service time etc

To answer that you first have to answer 2 things:

1-Will pitching in the bigs make Pearson more or less ready to be their #1 in 2021 (and beyond) than pitching in AAA?

2-Do they have a chance in 2020?

In a shortened season, I think it gives a young team like the Jays better odds at keeping up with the likes of NY and TB. The one knock their best 2 pitchers have (Pearson and Ryu) is that they aren't going to be 200+ inning type guys ( at least not for the next 2 years for Pearson). Changing to an abbreviated season removes the need for that skill set this year.

With a rotation deeper than most with elite level talent at the top, I dont see why the Jays couldn't compete. If they get Ryu and Pearson for 90+ % of the season.

To answer that you first have to answer 2 things:

1-Will pitching in the bigs make Pearson more or less ready to be their #1 in 2021 (and beyond) than pitching in AAA?

2-Do they have a chance in 2020?

In a shortened season, I think it gives a young team like the Jays better odds at keeping up with the likes of NY and TB. The one knock their best 2 pitchers have (Pearson and Ryu) is that they aren't going to be 200+ inning type guys ( at least not for the next 2 years for Pearson). Changing to an abbreviated season removes the need for that skill set this year.

With a rotation deeper than most with elite level talent at the top, I dont see why the Jays couldn't compete. If they get Ryu and Pearson for 90+ % of the season.
    I think a lot of teams could compete in a shortened season. You couldn't afford a slow start and a hot start keeps you in it basically until the end of the season, rather than collapsing in June and being out of it by mid July.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    I think a lot of teams could compete in a shortened season. You couldn't afford a slow start and a hot start keeps you in it basically until the end of the season, rather than collapsing in June and being out of it by mid July.
    Good point. Could also help to know earlier on which teams are in it or not. 20 games into the season it could be over for some teams.