Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 371 of 371 FirstFirst ... 271321361369370371
Results 5,551 to 5,562 of 5562
    Hazel Mae is reporting that a deal with Austin Martin is in place pending a physical!!!

Yeah I had no doubt but itís nice to see it finally happen.

I just hope they try and groom him for CF. Either way, Darth Atkins decides to work with Boras and managed to get an ace and a super prospect.

Ross Atkins has now signed every 1st round pick over the last 5 years. This is a feat that no Blue Jays GM has accomplished in over a decade!
    HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW?

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Love it. I kind of hope he's on the 60-man.

Quote Originally Posted by LechWalesa View Post
    Love it. I kind of hope he's on the 60-man.
    Pretty sure he is

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Outside of Springer, I don't really want any of those. I mean JBJ would be fine on a short term deal. Other then Springer or Betts, I'd hope that Martin is the starting CF in May 2022 -- depending on what type of havok COVID could still reek of course--. We do seem to have quite a few infielders who have positional flexibility so I wouldn't be surprised to see guys one Groshans, Biggio and Martin tried in the OF if all the prospects keep developing like they are.

As for Betts, the Jays could and should absolutely be players. They could offer him 5/225 and he'd still have the chance to sign a deal at the end.
    That is a serious offer and one that would really buy 5 years of Betts prime. I hope Jays front office does consider making him a high per year short term deal. With this Covid wrecking havoc on teams finances Jays are in great position to make Betts a lucrative short term offer that he would have not otherwise considered before.
    Vancouver Canucks
    Toronto Blue Jays
    San Francisco 49's

The cynical side of me is thinking Rogers will be the first of the owners to cry poverty in next year's free agency, but getting Betts would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by LechWalesa View Post
    The cynical side of me is thinking Rogers will be the first of the owners to cry poverty in next year's free agency, but getting Betts would be awesome.
    Why would Rogers cry poverty? The Jays were a top 5 payroll just a couple years ago. The only reason they closed the chequebook is because they had a GM who had no problem picking up massive contracts that belonged to broken and/or aging players. He also had a knack for finding late bloomers. Either way, the guys he got were usually old and all those contracts had to end eventually. Atkins had to foot that bill.

Yes Atkins took a gamble on Ryu but we know he threw money at Wheeler and supposedly even made a play on Cole. I expect Atkins to make a move on Betts and wouldn't be surprised if Rogers backed him in doing so. Let's not forget that this ownership gave JP the green light to change how closers are paid forever (BJ Ryan) and also allowed him to throw a contract that was unheard of at the time to a pitcher who wasn't an ace (AJ Burnett).
    HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW?

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

I think they will try, I just think getting Betts is as attainable as signing Cole was. He will be the #1 name on the market if he makes it to FA.

However, if covid keeps getting worse in 🇺🇸 players the wiser players may want to move their loved ones north of the border 😉🙊

All 5 picks signed. Jays used full 5.0% overslot to sign all without lose future picks.

The accountants earned their dough with this