Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 306 of 327 FirstFirst ... 206256296304305306307308316 ... LastLast
Results 4,576 to 4,590 of 4899
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    It's a dumb argument anyway. All teams miss out on good to great players in every draft and using that as a justification to call out one FO screams of desperation

Even God GM Alex Anthopolous took DJ Davis over Marcus Stroman.
    Wow, that automatically makes him terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Wow, that automatically makes him terrible.
    And you think that's bad. He took:

1)Tyler Beede
    2)Jacob Anderson
    3)Joe Musgrove
    4)Dwight Smith Jr
    5)Kevin Comer
    6)Daniel Norris
    7)Jeremy Gabryszwski
    8)John Stilson
    9)Thomas Robson
    10)Andrew Chin

Before Mookie ****ing Betts.

I didn't do this to highlight how bad of a GM Anthopolous was (even thought the first five rounds of the 2011 draft seems to have turned out like steaming pile of dog ****) but to show our beloved hanton that this happens to every GM, every year.

Actually, delving a little deeper just because I have the time this morning, I remember few posters being critical of this FOs success in drafting in the first round. Let's take a look at their predecessor's first round picks:

2010: Deck McGuire
    2011: Tyler Beede
    2012: DJ Davis, Marcus Stroman
    2013: Phil Bickford
    2014: Jeff Hoffman, Max Pentecost
    2025: No pick due to signing Russell Martin.

Talk about a lack of success in the first round.

Again, I'm not doing this to openly criticize AA, just to point out that drafting in baseball is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    And you think that's bad. He took:

1)Tyler Beede
    2)Jacob Anderson
    3)Joe Musgrove
    4)Dwight Smith Jr
    5)Kevin Comer
    6)Daniel Norris
    7)Jeremy Gabryszwski
    8)John Stilson
    9)Thomas Robson
    10)Andrew Chin

Before Mookie ****ing Betts.

I didn't do this to highlight how bad of a GM Anthopolous was (even thought the first five rounds of the 2011 draft seems to have turned out like steaming pile of dog ****) but to show our beloved hanton that this happens to every GM, every year.
    Remember when everyone was devastated about losing Dwight Smith Jr because he learned how to hit for a month?

Remember when everyone was devastated about losing Dwight Smith Jr because he learned how to hit for a month?
    Oh I remember. The hang man was moved to number one on speed dial around here

It’s funny to think that around this time in AA’s tenure he had just pulled off the Rasmus deal which people were actually happy with. He then went on to trade the best player he ever drafted (Thor) for a 38 year old knuckleballer in hopes of getting some immediate help.

If all the haters analyzed and nit picked AA the same way they do this regime they’d probably be even more pissed off.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Kay seems to be following the trend of big starts in Buffalo (Zeuch 9 inning no-hitter, Pearson with 7 scoreless innings). 6 scoreless innings for Kay. 3 hist, 3 walks, 6 strikeouts.
    Sounds good

It’s funny to think that around this time in AA’s tenure he had just pulled off the Rasmus deal which people were actually happy with. He then went on to trade the best player he ever drafted (Thor) for a 38 year old knuckleballer in hopes of getting some immediate help.

If all the haters analyzed and nit picked AA the same way they do this regime they’d probably be even more pissed off.
    That Dickey trade likely costs us 2 World Series. Put Sundergaard on those 2015 and 16 teams. Thor pitched Mets to World Series in 15. In 16 probably best rotation we ever had. Thor, Sanchez, Happ, Stroman. Boyd probably also as doubt we make Price trade if kept Thor.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    That Dickey trade likely costs us 2 World Series. Put Sundergaard on those 2015 and 16 teams. Thor pitched Mets to World Series in 15. In 16 probably best rotation we ever had. Thor, Sanchez, Happ, Stroman. Boyd probably also as doubt we make Price trade if kept Thor.
    I never thought of that really. If anything I’d think holding onto Thor would’ve been all the more reason to trade for Price.

Thor
    Price
    Estrada
    Stroman
    Buehrle

Thor
    Sanchez
    Estrada
    Happ
    Stroman

Wow guys, if that Dickey trade didn’t happen then Stroman would’ve been our #5 starter for our 2016 run. That trade literally ****ed the Jays post season hopes in a huge way. But we’re not allowed to say that, right?

I never thought of that really. If anything I’d think holding onto Thor would’ve been all the more reason to trade for Price.

Thor
    Price
    Estrada
    Stroman
    Buehrle

Thor
    Sanchez
    Estrada
    Happ
    Stroman

Wow guys, if that Dickey trade didn’t happen then Stroman would’ve been our #5 starter for our 2016 run. That trade literally ****ed the Jays post season hopes in a huge way. But we’re not allowed to say that, right?
    You can say whatever you want. Apparently the only topic out of bounds for this forum is being displeased with the current FO or pointing out any of their many mistakes.

I wish I cared more because it would motivate me to debate the subject. But just like other subjects we've discussed - we all have the same evidence, just different interpretations.

You guys can go have your orgy with shatkins and the less delusional of us can wait for a real baseball mind to replace these guys and lead us back to the playoffs.

This feels a lot like colangelo and the raps. Sure he drafted some assets and got us Lowry ECT, but that doesn't mean he had what it took to do what masai did.

Wow, this is getting heated.

The real difference between the org before and after Shapiro took over, is how they have been able to successfully identify AND graduate prospects. Player development during the AA years was at best pretty bad and he knew it. That was why he was so willing to deal prospects for Major Leaguers and so reluctant to deal Bautista and EE.

Tons of players graduating and performing right now. It's hard not to feel good about that.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    You can say whatever you want. Apparently the only topic out of bounds for this forum is being displeased with the current FO or pointing out any of their many mistakes.

I wish I cared more because it would motivate me to debate the subject. But just like other subjects we've discussed - we all have the same evidence, just different interpretations.

You guys can go have your orgy with shatkins and the less delusional of us can wait for a real baseball mind to replace these guys and lead us back to the playoffs.

This feels a lot like colangelo and the raps. Sure he drafted some assets and got us Lowry ECT, but that doesn't mean he had what it took to do what masai did.
    Masai tried to blow it up but James Dolan saved us...I couldn't resist.

I was being petty to prove a point. People take any opportunity they get to jump on these guys because of the past. AA was no saint but he gets praised (rightfully so) because he got us to the post season. It took him 6 years to do it while these guys are in year 4. AA made some of the best moves in Blue Jays history but he also ate a lot of **** too. That was the nature of his style though because he was a deal maker. The team right now is on the cusp of breaking out and like it or not, it's because of this new regime.

These guys have never had salary to spend. From the moment they took over they were strapped. I don't think it's really fair to judge them in that regard because they've simply never had the money to go out and sign an ace or a JD Martinez. The Randal Grichuk signing was a huge flinch but the Gurriel signing is an absolute steal. Throw in Justin Smoak and those are really the only signings they made that weren't stop gap signings. There's really not a lot to judge on how they spend their money on the core. This off-season is going to be the first look really.

Quote Originally Posted by LechWalesa View Post
    Wow, this is getting heated.

The real difference between the org before and after Shapiro took over, is how they have been able to successfully identify AND graduate prospects. Player development during the AA years was at best pretty bad and he knew it. That was why he was so willing to deal prospects for Major Leaguers and so reluctant to deal Bautista and EE.

Tons of players graduating and performing right now. It's hard not to feel good about that.
    It's looking that way. I'll give AA credit though, most of the time he knew when to deal prospects before they lost their value.

I'm actually really excited for September baseball. Hoping to get a look at Zeuch and Kay. I don't expect either to be TORP material but would like to see at least 1 be able to stick going forward. This is assuming they both get the call.

Simeon Woods-Richardson with another solid outing. 4.2IP 5H 1ER 1BB 5K. ERA is down to 3.09 now. He's been trending in the right direction after a rough first start.

Simeon Woods-Richardson with another solid outing. 4.2IP 5H 1ER 1BB 5K. ERA is down to 3.09 now. He's been trending in the right direction after a rough first start.
    Him with Kloffenstein and Manola give good hope for the future.