Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 260 of 260 FirstFirst ... 160210250258259260
Results 3,886 to 3,893 of 3893
    Prospect rarely mentioned here is Harold Ramirez. But MVP of Fisher Cats Championship. Going 8 for 23. Injuries have slowed his career but he seems to be passed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    Prospect rarely mentioned here is Harold Ramirez. But MVP of Fisher Cats Championship. Going 8 for 23. Injuries have slowed his career but he seems to be passed them.
    I brought him up a couple of pages ago. Interested to hear Bartís take on him.

Fresh page now too. Can we please keep this thread on topic?

He doesn't have the power numbers people like to see in corner outfielders, but I wonder if he can be a player similar to Melky Cabrera (i.e. high avg, decent obp, toss in maybe 10-15 steals). That would still be a very useful complimentary piece to the core the team is building.
    Last edited by LechWalesa; 09-22-2018 at 02:42 PM.

Harold had a great season, but it was his 3rd season in AA.(which is actually a crime considering how good he was his first time around in 2016). He was still only 23 so the power could keep improving, but he's a LF'er who doesnt hit for a lot of HR power , doesn't walk much and doesn't steal many bases. I will be watching to see what he does in AAA next year because he had a solid season and I love the BA and doubles, but I still see him more as future trade material than a future long term piece in the AL East unless the HR power spikes .Or the walks start multiplying as this team needs a lead off hitter.
    Last edited by bartron_44; Yesterday at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Harold had a great season, but it was his 3rd season in AA.(which is actually a crime considering how good he was his first time around in 2016). He was still only 23 so the power could keep improving, but he's a LF'er who doesnt hit for a lot of HR power , doesn't walk much and doesn't steal many bases. I will be watching to see what he does in AAA next year because he had a solid season and I love the BA and doubles, but I still see him more as future trade material than a future long term piece in the AL East unless the HR power spikes .Or the walks start multiplying as this team needs a lead off hitter.
    He's been injured most of that time though. Schneider was on 590 said Ramirez their playoff MVP. Really improved this season. Also, said one of the guys who we got in the Oh trade from COlorado had a good playoff for him.

My ideal Sept 2019 lineup is:

DH) Tellez
    C) Jansen
    1B) Biggio
    2B) Gurriel
    SS) Bichette
    3B) Vlad
    LF) Alford
    CF) Grichuk
    RF) McKinney

I would love to give Alford a chance but it seems like the team isnt high on him with his lack of playing time in Sept...since Alford's AA boy and the Braves have surplus pitching..if Markakis doesnt decide to re-sign with the Braves, I would look to swing an alford for one of their young starting pitching... win win for both teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanyo View Post
    My ideal Sept 2019 lineup is:

DH) Tellez
    C) Jansen
    1B) Biggio
    2B) Gurriel
    SS) Bichette
    3B) Vlad
    LF) Alford
    CF) Grichuk
    RF) McKinney

I would love to give Alford a chance but it seems like the team isnt high on him with his lack of playing time in Sept...since Alford's AA boy and the Braves have surplus pitching..if Markakis doesnt decide to re-sign with the Braves, I would look to swing an alford for one of their young starting pitching... win win for both teams.
    We have so many good MI coming, at least potentially.

He's been injured most of that time though. Schneider was on 590 said Ramirez their playoff MVP. Really improved this season. Also, said one of the guys who we got in the Oh trade from COlorado had a good playoff for him.
    Playoff MVP and elite prospect are two very different things and should not be confused for one another. One means he had a very good 2 week stretch, the other means he's got the skills to be an above average MLB player. Ramirez had a great semifinals, but didn't do that much in the finals. In their first series he was 6 for 11 with a 2B, 3B, SB and 3 BB's. He also scored 6 runs and drove in 3 more. That is why he was their playoff MVP.

Schneider must have been talking about Wall, as Spanberger was in Dunedin. He wasn't very good in the semi-finals, but he had a solid final going 4 for 10 with 2 BB's, a 2B and a SB over the 3 game sweep. He also scored 3 runs and drove in 2 more. Most of the others used up all their hits in the semi's. In that 3 game sweep against Trenton when Ramirez did all his damage, Bichette was also 6 for 13 with 5 runs score and 2 RBI's and Biggio was 4 for 10 with 2 SB's, a 2B and 3 BB's. He also scored 2 runs and drove in 7. That was murderers row for the Trenton pitching staff.

Speaking of solid playoffs from a recent acquisition, Corey Copping (The guy from the Axford trade) was lights out in his 2 appearances too. He racked up 6 K's with 0 BB's and 2 Hits over his 3 scoreless innings. Pretty exciting for someone who throws as hard as Copping does. He has future back end reliever written all over him and like another potential steal considering they traded 2 months of Axford for him.