Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 372 of 376 FirstFirst ... 272322362370371372373374 ... LastLast
Results 5,566 to 5,580 of 5636
    “We feel like we’re positioned better than any team in baseball. I say that, and know that in the last five minutes we just got positioned better because you’re part of the organization now. We feel like you are going to be, you have a chance to be a very important part and fit right in with the group of guys.”

https://twitter.com/BlueJays/status/...358228992?s=20

Is it too early to start projecting the 2022 lineup? I'd like to see:

1) Bichette
    2) Martin
    3) Vlad
    4) Biggio
    5) Tellez
    6) Gurriel Jr.
    7) Groshans
    8) Grichuk
    9) Jansen

Tellez may be a reach, but I haven't lost faith in him. The guy has Vladdy pop. I don't know what they'll end up doing with guys like Kirk, but I'm sure if he continues to rake they'll find a spot for him.

Really exciting time for the Blue Jays offence and historically, when the Jays offense is good, they win a lot of games. The fact we have Pearson/Ryu/Manoah/SWR is really the icing on the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by LechWalesa View Post
    Is it too early to start projecting the 2022 lineup? I'd like to see:

1) Bichette
    2) Martin
    3) Vlad
    4) Betts
    5) Biggio
    6) Tellez
    7) Gurriel Jr.
    8) Groshans
    9) Jansen
    Fixed

The Lost Boys of PSD

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    Fixed
    Betts aside I was glad to see you moved Grichuk off the list

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    “We feel like we’re positioned better than any team in baseball. I say that, and know that in the last five minutes we just got positioned better because you’re part of the organization now. We feel like you are going to be, you have a chance to be a very important part and fit right in with the group of guys.”

https://twitter.com/BlueJays/status/...358228992?s=20
    Glad to see Shapiro showing confidence in the kids. Martin kinda looks like Bo.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

As for the lineup, if we get Betts I'll blow my load but for the time being this is what I'd like to see.

CF Martin
    2B Biggio
    SS Bichette
    1B Vladdy
    LF Gurriel
    3B Shaw
    RF Grichuk
    DH Teoscar/Kirk
    C Jansen/McGuire

I know I'm going to get crucified for putting Vladdy 4th but having 3 great hitters with blazing speed is just something you need to exploit. If we ended up getting Betts I'd lobby for batting Vladdy 5th if Martin plays to his potential. Offences aren't like what we have right now. Martin, Biggio and Bichette (in any order) are all capable of plating 100 runs a piece if they're at the top of the order. I know counting stats are outdated but Vladdy could eventually join the 160 RBI club if those 3 hit in front of him.

Gurriel is exactly what I want in a #5 hitter. Hits the ball to all fields and has 30 HR pop. His speed isn't terrible but isn't good enough to worry about having Vladdy in front of him on the base paths.

I'm completely fine with Teoscar's HR or nothing swing in the 8 spot. If Teoscar doesn't cut it then why not try Kirk? Outside of Tellez there's nobody really deserving.
    Last edited by R. Johnson#3; 07-09-2020 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Glad to see Shapiro showing confidence in the kids. Martin kinda looks like Bo.
    even his batting stance

Quote Originally Posted by town123 View Post
    The accountants earned their dough with this
    They sure did.

Interesting development....looks like Vladdy is now the Jays 1B. I figured this would have been a year or two away once Groshans was ready to take over at 3B.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/ml...rst-base-2020/

I guess there's no harm getting him some reps in now so that he's better prepared in a year or two.

They already have a better 3B on the roster (Shaw). Apparently Montoyo wants to win right now. If he doesnt pick 1B up quick he could find himself a DH sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Please find where I said McGuire will be a stud. I said he'll be better than Jansen but I'm not as confident anymore after the parking lot jerkoff incident to be honest. I also said that Atkins MAY BE a few years away from being in conversation as the GOAT Jays GM. You really love stretching my words.

You also didn't respond to the sig bet. If the Jays don't make the playoffs by 2022 then I remove your amazing quote from my sig. If they do make the playoffs before or during the 2022 season then you have to change your sig to, "R. Johnson#3 was right about everything. Ross Atkins is my Daddy." and keep it forever. If you remove it from your sig at any time then I get to put your quote back into mine.
    Just bumping this in case you missed it, Chong. I'm assuming it should be a no brainer considering you expect the Jays to make the playoffs in 2023 or 2024 right?

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    They already have a better 3B on the roster (Shaw). Apparently Montoyo wants to win right now. If he doesnt pick 1B up quick he could find himself a DH sooner rather than later.
    I get your point, but if the organization thought that Vladdy's position mid to long term is 3B then having someone like Shaw on their roster isn't going to change that.

This move has an eye towards the future, no doubt.

Good pitchers want and deserve good defense behind them. Young pitchers need good defense behind them. Especially in the infield where the soft contact needs to be turned into an out.

I agree this has an eye on the future as well with all the SS's they have coming up, but Shaw is also an above average defender at 3B and likely feels more comfortable there. The best thing for the 2020 team to win games is to let Shaw ( and Drury vs LHP) play 3B and let Vladdy try to earn time at 1B against Tellez.

Quote Originally Posted by T.O. Fan View Post
    I get your point, but if the organization thought that Vladdy's position mid to long term is 3B then having someone like Shaw on their roster isn't going to change that.

This move has an eye towards the future, no doubt.
    I think there is no doubt this move has an eye to the future. Groshans has been linked as a probable 3B even though they've had him at SS in the minors. Martin has moved around but played 3B a lot at Vanderbilt. Orelvis Martinez who is younger and their best IFA prospect is also pegged as 3B. That is 2 of their top 3 prospects and 3 of their Top 10.

There are better defensive 3B all through the minors in the Jays system and Shaw is better defensively in the present. Keep Vladdy healthy and let him hit.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    I think there is no doubt this move has an eye to the future. Groshans has been linked as a probable 3B even though they've had him at SS in the minors. Martin has moved around but played 3B a lot at Vanderbilt. Orelvis Martinez who is younger and their best IFA prospect is also pegged as 3B. That is 2 of their top 3 prospects and 3 of their Top 10.

There are better defensive 3B all through the minors in the Jays system and Shaw is better defensively in the present. Keep Vladdy healthy and let him hit.
    I agree. They're looking at the biggest picture possible.