Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 391 of 391 FirstFirst ... 291341381389390391
Results 5,851 to 5,859 of 5859
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Jays added 5 to the roster. We are full now.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/...an-roster.html
    I think it's safe to say they won't be adding anyone in the Rule 5 draft and rightfully so. One of the catchers has the be traded considering there's 5 on the 40 man now.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Okay then, what was so good about his 2019 form if you want him to bounce back to it?
    It's not about me 'wanting'. I said it was passable if he gets back to those numbers and is a 1-2 WAR player, which he was in 2019.

The realities of baseball doesn't have everyone producing good slash. If he doesn't produce a good slash but can be 1-2 WAR as your 9th best regular, I'm fine with it.

It's not about me 'wanting'. I said it was passable if he gets back to those numbers and is a 1-2 WAR player, which he was in 2019.

The realities of baseball doesn't have everyone producing good slash. If he doesn't produce a good slash but can be 1-2 WAR as your 9th best regular, I'm fine with it.
    I'm just confused is all. He was on pace to be that same 1 WAR player he was a year ago so there was nothing to really bounce back to. One could argue he was doing better in 2020 because of his increased walk rate.

I don't know what you're getting at in the second paragraph but thanks for sharing your baseball philosophy? I just went to OPS because it was what you were constantly referring to in our previous talk.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

He has had about 1 seasons worth of at bats. Iím gonna give him a little more time. I have infinite more faith that he can be a better hitter in mlb than mcguire and people fell for his hot streak in mlb despite never hitting in aaa

I'm just confused is all. He was on pace to be that same 1 WAR player he was a year ago so there was nothing to really bounce back to. One could argue he was doing better in 2020 because of his increased walk rate.
    Ive been avoiding 2020 numbers due to SSS. I believe he got 7 of his 22 hits in 2 games too. Though for arguments sake, i believe over 162 games he was on pace for 2.2 WAR in 2019 but only 1.5 in 2020. I dont suspect that walk rate to be sustained.

I don't know what you're getting at in the second paragraph but thanks for sharing your baseball philosophy? I just went to OPS because it was what you were constantly referring to in our previous talk.
    OPS talk in prior discussion was to point out that every team has players who provide value despite low slash. If we have 1 player like that, we should still be fine so there shouldnt be a big concern if Jansen starts the season as starting C if he can be a 2 WAR player.

I guess it makes sense to understand the context of how its being used.
    Last edited by Raps18-19 Champ; 11-21-2020 at 06:56 PM.

This conversation will go no where, Jansen is not an issue for me, if it ever becomes a problem I'm sure we can find a glove first catcher, we have enough bats to cover especially if we get Springer. Also, McCann is available and can be had for considerably less than JT

Ive been avoiding 2020 numbers due to SSS. I believe he got 7 of his 22 hits in 2 games too. Though for arguments sake, i believe over 162 games he was on pace for 2.2 WAR in 2019 but only 1.5 in 2020. I dont suspect that walk rate to be sustained.

OPS talk in prior discussion was to point out that every team has players who provide value despite low slash. If we have 1 player like that, we should still be fine so there shouldnt be a big concern if Jansen starts the season as starting C if he can be a 2 WAR player.

I guess it makes sense to understand the context of how its being used.
    Where are you finding this data?

Where are you finding this data?
    Per fangraphs, he was a 1.4 WAR player in 107 games in 2020 and 0.4 WAR in 43 games.

I was guestimating how it averaged over a full season so I may be a bit off, though I don't like doing that since it assumes the player plays the same regardless (which is often never the case). I was just trying to simplify it since were talking about how he was on pace to be the same 1 WAR player.

If you were using BR, then I believe they would be on the same pace.

2019/2020 combined Jansen is 21st overall for WAR, but note he's also one of the youngest in the majors. Catchers are notoriously difficult to figure out

2019/2020 for catchers with 500 PA's he's 10 th overal, Molina, Wilson are right there with him over that time period
    Last edited by hanton; 11-21-2020 at 09:42 PM.