Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 390 of 395 FirstFirst ... 290340380388389390391392 ... LastLast
Results 5,836 to 5,850 of 5914
    We'd need to open up DH/1B then to maximize his value as he ages.

I'm fine with Jannsen/Mcguire to start the year and Kirk in AAA. Give the catchers a month and if they're that bad and Kirk is killing it in AAA, then make the switch.

How long was Kirk on the MLB roster. Could we get the extra year control if he plays in the minors for a few months?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    We'd need to open up DH/1B then to maximize his value as he ages.

I'm fine with Jannsen/Mcguire to start the year and Kirk in AAA. Give the catchers a month and if they're that bad and Kirk is killing it in AAA, then make the switch.

How long was Kirk on the MLB roster. Could we get the extra year control if he plays in the minors for a few months?
    Realmuto would have to agree to such an arrangement but that's a really good option.

In a sense Krik's service time has already been manipulated since they didn't call him up until September but yes it can still be manipulated further

Catcher is our biggest organizational strength which should continue to feed cheap young talent so I see no reason to go the opposite route and sign the highest priced catcher in baseball. I think Jansen is going to surprise people. 85ops + while hitting a buck eighty. His walk rate was nuts last year. I’ll say 750 ops next season with above average defense

I suspect Jannsen will bounce back back to his 2019 form, which should be passablr so Im fine with Kirk in AAA until he gets promoted. Mcguire should be a little better too as a backup.

I suspect Jannsen will bounce back back to his 2019 form, which should be passablr so Im fine with Kirk in AAA until he gets promoted. Mcguire should be a little better too as a backup.
    Jansen was pretty bad in 2019. If you go by your favourite stat OPS he was even worse in 2019...

Decisions to make today before the rule 5 deadline. I think we have six in our top 30 that would be eligible.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Decisions to make today before the rule 5 deadline. I think we have six in our top 30 that would be eligible.
    Moreno and Adams should be no brainers. Holding on to 1 of Smith and Warmoth would be something I wouldn’t oppose.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Moreno and Adams should be no brainers. Holding on to 1 of Smith and Warmoth would be something I wouldn’t oppose.
    I think I'd prefer Smith out of those two. Warmoth has been disappointing. Both struggled in AA last year, but Smith is at least slightly young and showed some flashes a little while back.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    I think I'd prefer Smith out of those two. Warmoth has been disappointing. Both struggled in AA last year, but Smith is at least slightly young and showed some flashes a little while back.
    Warmoth showed signs of life in the AFL though. Either way, whichever one being kept is probably only for depth/trade filler.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Jansen was pretty bad in 2019. If you go by your favourite stat OPS he was even worse in 2019...
    OPS doesnt matter much if hes a 1-2 WAR player as a catcher hitting 9th.

Practically all teams have more players hitting under 790 than over it. I think every team has at least 1 regular who hits with an OPS of 700 or under.
    Last edited by Raps18-19 Champ; 11-20-2020 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wamco View Post
    Catcher is our biggest organizational strength which should continue to feed cheap young talent so I see no reason to go the opposite route and sign the highest priced catcher in baseball. I think Jansen is going to surprise people. 85ops + while hitting a buck eighty. His walk rate was nuts last year. I’ll say 750 ops next season with above average defense
    Depends on your definition of organizational depth. Yes, we have a lot of young cheap prospects for catchers with different strengths and weaknesses. Though none scream complete catcher (framing, blocking, throwing out runners, calling a game and hitting).

If we could merge all 5 into one, we might have a Realmuto on Grandal. I was high on Jansen, but with each year my expectations drop, and at this point I can't envision home as a WS starting catcher with those above mentioned tools. I hope I'm wrong, as catchers do take a long time to develop.

Practically all teams have more players hitting under 790 than over it. I think every team has at least 1 regular who hits with an OPS of 700 or under.
    Those spots are typically reserved for Gold Glove caliber SSs, Cs or CFs on championship teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic98 View Post
    Those spots are typically reserved for Gold Glove caliber SSs, Cs or CFs on championship teams.
    Didnt Jansen rate high on a few defensive metrics in 2019?

Jays added 5 to the roster. We are full now.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/...an-roster.html
    Last edited by Raps18-19 Champ; 11-20-2020 at 07:21 PM.

Okay then, what was so good about his 2019 form if you want him to bounce back to it?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.