Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 393 of 402 FirstFirst ... 293343383391392393394395 ... LastLast
Results 5,881 to 5,895 of 6023
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Were they not the best offensive OF in all of baseball last year?
    Again, SSS. Hard to have one of the best OF when you donít have a CF on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I think he is our 3b.
    Groshans at this point looks a bunch better for 3B. Not so sure Martin has the arm for 3rd but would play well at 2B. Just my eye test.

Quote Originally Posted by town123 View Post
    Groshans at this point looks a bunch better for 3B. Not so sure Martin has the arm for 3rd but would play well at 2B. Just my eye test.
    Iím an offence-first type of guy from any corner position. Until I feel like I can project groshans bat, he makes me uncomfortable to dream on.

Again, SSS. Hard to have one of the best OF when you donít have a CF on the roster.
    I think it's being overly critical to call them terrible when they were the best offensively.

For all the people who are quick to want to dump Grichuk, just remember Springer ( as great as he has been) has only played more than 140 games once, and that was 5 years ago. You have to assume someone else is going to need to man CF at least 20 games a year ( on average) over the next few years.

But this guy hit 39 bombs in just 122 games in 2019. I can't wait to see what he does in the AL East.

He also has been hitting lead off for years. No way they mess with that. None. You want that bat hitting as much as possible every single game.

If Kirk does most of the catching, they already have the potential now to put 9 bats with an .800+ OPS in the lineup on a daily basis, with a few possibly much higher. ( ..especially if Grichuk plays mostly against LHP).

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    For all the people who are quick to want to dump Grichuk, just remember Springer ( as great as he has been) has only played more than 140 games once, and that was 5 years ago. You have to assume someone else is going to need to man CF at least 20 games a year ( on average) over the next few years.

But this guy hit 39 bombs in just 122 games in 2019. I can't wait to see what he does in the AL East.

[B] He also has been hitting lead off for years. No way they mess with that. None. You want that bat hitting as much as possible every single game. [B]

If Kirk does most of the catching, they already have the potential now to put 9 bats with an .800+ OPS in the lineup on a daily basis, with a few possibly much higher. ( ..especially if Grichuk plays mostly against LHP).
    I get thatís been his spot for years but wouldnít his power be better suited for the 3 or 4 spot? Not only that but Biggio is way faster. Iíd rather have the guy with 40HR potential and lesser speed hitting after the guy who gets on base and has blazing speed. We also need to remember that once Biggio got put in the lead off spot he took off.

I just think Springer could get more RBI if heís hitting in the meat of the order. We know heís capable of plating 100 runs if he leads off, but so can Biggio. If Springer hits 3 or 4 then Iím willing to bet that he gets 100+ RBI on the season. I donít think Biggio would do the same in the 3 or 4 spot.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I get thatís been his spot for years but wouldnít his power be better suited for the 3 or 4 spot? Not only that but Biggio is way faster. Iíd rather have the guy with 40HR potential and lesser speed hitting after the guy who gets on base and has blazing speed. We also need to remember that once Biggio got put in the lead off spot he took off.

I just think Springer could get more RBI if heís hitting in the meat of the order. We know heís capable of plating 100 runs if he leads off, but so can Biggio. If Springer hits 3 or 4 then Iím willing to bet that he gets 100+ RBI on the season. I donít think Biggio would do the same in the 3 or 4 spot.
    I think if Springer hits lead-off, we'll have a Springer-Biggio-Bo as our 123. Teoscar, LGJ, Vladdy, Rowdy, Grich, Jansen the rest of the way would make the most sense to me. Assuming they're all here for 2021.

Biggio, Springer or Bo can lead off. What a great problem to have. How many years did we never have a lead off man.

Personally I like Biggio-Bo-Springer, but I wonít be upset no matter how they do it.

I would bat Springer leadoff and go from there, for $150MM I want him coming to the plate as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Biggio, Springer or Bo can lead off. What a great problem to have. How many years did we never have a lead off man.

Personally I like Biggio-Bo-Springer, but I wonít be upset no matter how they do it.
    It really is a great problem to have. I'm with you on the order.
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Come on people. You are acting like they don't have anyone else that can hit 30-40 bombs in the middle of the order. They literally have a lineup filled with guys who can hit 30+ HRs.

Also, if it ain't broke...ya don't mess with it. This is the CF we have been waiting for. The fact that he can hit HRs is just icing on the cake. But in 2019 he slashed .291/.387/.680 leading of games with 12 HRs! ..and also hit .287/.374.600 overall when leading off. He is one of the best lead off hitters in baseball. He leads off.

As constructed, I see the lineup looking something like:

Springer
    Biggio
    Bichette
    Gurriel
    Vlad
    Tellez
    Hernandez
    Grichuk
    Jansen/McGuire/Kirk

Here is something to put into perspective, ....if they went out and got JTR, he might only be a bottom third of the lineup hitter on this team. Think about it, Gurriel, Tellez and Hernandez all had an OPS over .880 last year, and Vladdy looks ready to play like the kid who destroyed the minor leagues.

They dont need a catcher who can hit..they just need a good defensive catcher who can throw runners out. Granted JTR can do that too, they just dont need to spend 20+M/yr on a 30+ yr old catcher.

In fact i dare say this lineup could be so dang good they might be able to afford to trade Vladdy if it brought back a 2 way stud 3B like Arenado to go with Springer or a young ace like Shane Bieber. I know we all want him to be a blue jay for life after all the hype, but he could help them get a lot of different really, really good players.

Not saying now, but maybe after this season if he doesn't show progress defensively you see if Cle is ready to talk turkey on Shane Bieber and Ramirez

Come on people. You are acting like they don't have anyone else that can hit 30-40 bombs in the middle of the order. They literally have a lineup filled with guys who can hit 30+ HRs.

Also, if it ain't broke...ya don't mess with it. This is the CF we have been waiting for. The fact that he can hit HRs is just icing on the cake. But in 2019 he slashed .291/.387/.680 leading of games with 12 HRs! ..and also hit .287/.374.600 overall when leading off. He is one of the best lead off hitters in baseball. He leads off.

Springer
    Biggio
    Bichette
    Gurriel
    Vlad
    Tellez
    Hernandez
    Grichuk
    Jansen/McGuire/Kirk

Here is something to put into perspective, ....if they went out and got JTR, he might only be a bottom third of the lineup hitter on this team. Think about it, Gurriel, Tellez and Hernandez all had an OPS over .880 last year, and Vladdy looks ready to play like the kid who destroyed the minor leagues.

They dont need a catcher who can hit..they just need a good defensive catcher who can throw runners out. Granted JTR can do that too, they just dont need to spend 20+M/yr on a 30+ yr old catcher.

In fact i dare say this lineup could be so dang good they might be able to afford to trade Vladdy if it brought back a 2 way stud 3B like Arenado to go with Springer or a young ace like Shane Bieber. I know we all want him to be a blue jay for life after all the hype, but he could help them get a lot of different really, really good players.

Not saying now, but maybe after this season if he doesn't show progress defensively you see if Cle is ready to talk turkey on Shane Bieber and Ramirez
    I just want Springer in a position to drive in the most runs possible. Putting a 40HR bat in the lead off spot takes away a lot of potential RBI. Springer is great at both scoring and driving in runs.

Springer
    Biggio
    Bichette
    Gurriel
    Vlad
    Tellez
    Hernandez
    Grichuk
    Jansen/McGuire/Kirk

JTR improves both the D and O at the C position. If we didn't get Springer I'd go for a JBJ/JTR combo signing. JBJ would have fixed the D in CF at a slight cost to Grich's O, but JTR would have more than made up for the o an D over Jansen to compensate that. JTR now would be over kill in terms of where we need to use that salary to fix our bigger holes.

Arenado's contract is probably the worst (or will be) in the league. He's owed 7/234 for an AAV of 33.4mil. He would cripple us worse than Tulo. However, if I were to trade Vladdy, I'd do it this year for Bieber and Ramirez hands down. I'd even throw in Kirk, Groshans and they would probably say no until I'd throw in Grich .

Springer was leadoff in Houston because he had better hitters but his bat is probably better suited for 2 on our team.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Springer was leadoff in Houston because he had better hitters but his bat is probably better suited for 2 on our team.
    Also because they didnít have a better lead off guy.