Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 351 of 355 FirstFirst ... 251301341349350351352353 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,265 of 5321
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Mhmmm. Thereís plenty of reason to be excited. Then again, you and I were some of the posters who could see the light at the end of the tunnel. It was painful playing out those horrible contracts and not trading away the future to help keep that team alive but it was the right thing to do. I still find it hilarious how some posters genuinely think they wanted to hand out all those 2 year deals to players who werenít that good.
    Youíre saying they didnít want to sign those **** players for 2 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    I mean if the Blue Jays are trying to win now...or if they were, they would have spent their money buying up free agents which they didn't even do. Yeah sure they picked up Ryu but like come on. Y'all have all this money to play around with and use but you don't do it but instead are going to be going into this season most likely having another losing season. That is what frustrates me about the Blue Jays, it is their GM but also if you trying to compete with teams like the Rays, Yankees and Red Sox then you fight fire with fire and spend money.
    Rays donít spend and are contenders + have the #1 farm in the league.

Probably a better run franchise than the dodgers tbh. I hope Atkins is replaced with someone from the rays because they know how to work that trade market like mfís. And really that is the only way to contend in the ALE.

I mean if the Blue Jays are trying to win now...or if they were, they would have spent their money buying up free agents which they didn't even do. Yeah sure they picked up Ryu but like come on. Y'all have all this money to play around with and use but you don't do it but instead are going to be going into this season most likely having another losing season. That is what frustrates me about the Blue Jays, it is their GM but also if you trying to compete with teams like the Rays, Yankees and Red Sox then you fight fire with fire and spend money.
    At the same time you donít want to blow all of the flexibility in the first year just because you have it. No point in spending on a CF if thereís better ones hitting the market soon for example. The other thing is that they likely arenít ready to punt the draft picks yet to sign the upper tier players.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Something doesn't add up here

There's more then one way to skin a cat and spending money just to spend it isnt very smart. They obviously need an OF and there's going to be better options next off season. If Bichette, Biggio, Vlad and Gurriel all have a good year it becomes a good selling point.
    Don't bother with him. This guy trolls the Raptor forum non stop and is just getting ignored by everyone so he's now migrated to the Jays forum. He just has it out for his own city.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Youíre saying they didnít want to sign those **** players for 2 years?
    What choice did they have? Payroll was maxed out as I've said time and time again and the only prospects who were worth anything back in 2017 were Vladdy and Bo. Couldn't make any deals and couldn't sign any big name FA's. IIRC there was a rumour that the Marlins wanted both Vladdy and Bo for Yelich.

I'm sure they would've much rather signed big names over the likes of;

Steve Pearce
    Kendrys Morales
    Jaime Garcia
    Gavin Floyd
    Mat Latos
    Curtis Granderson

Unfortunately there were tons of holes to fill on the team with no money or prospect capital to help. Do you see them going out and signing guys like that this off-season?
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Don't bother with him. This guy trolls the Raptor forum non stop and is just getting ignored by everyone so he's now migrated to the Jays forum. He just has it out for his own city.
    I have it out for Toronto teams who are **** and the Blue Jays are a prime example of that.

I have it out for Toronto teams who are **** and the Blue Jays are a prime example of that.
    Sure you do. Thatís why you attempt to troll the defending champ Toronto Raptors. Maybe try your hand in the Leafs forum?

While Toronto's record was garbage last year, I think if you took a poll of executives on what teams would be the most attractive to take over, the Jays would rank fairly high.

- very little payroll commitments
    - a young stable of good batters
    - one of the top pitching prospects in the game
    - a top 6 farm in baseball
    - owners have shown the ability to allow spending, albeit not to what they can absorb
    - a top 5 pick in a loaded draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    While Toronto's record was garbage last year, I think if you took a poll of executives on what teams would be the most attractive to take over, the Jays would rank fairly high.

- very little payroll commitments
    - a young stable of good batters
    - one of the top pitching prospects in the game
    - a top 6 farm in baseball
    - owners have shown the ability to allow spending, albeit not to what they can absorb
    - a top 5 pick in a loaded draft.
    This is the best position the team has been in since I can remember. This team could be successful for the entire decade.

I liked Atkins for his ability to build up the farm but Iím fully behind him now after how he handled this off-season. We already know Atkins is capable of making solid moves with lesser talented players but it remains to be seen how he fares when making a big splash. Iím confident that heíll do well.

The Jaysí system has been boosted by tremendously productive work on the international front, which has made up for some significant misses on college players in the draft the last few years.

1. ⁠Nate Pearson
    2. ⁠Jordan Groshans
    3. ⁠Alek Manoah
    4. ⁠Orelvis Martinez
    5. ⁠Anthony Kay
    6. ⁠Simeon Woods Richardson
    7. ⁠Eric Pardinho
    8. ⁠Gabriel Moreno
    9. ⁠Alejandro Kirk
    10. ⁠Miguel Hiraldo
    11. ⁠Dasan Brown
    12. ⁠Adam Kloffenstein
    13. ⁠Leo Jimenez
    14. ⁠Patrick Murphy
    15. ⁠Kendall Williams
    16. ⁠TJ Zeuch
    17. ⁠Will Robertson
    18. ⁠Sem Robberse
    19. ⁠Anthony Alford
    20. ⁠Thomas Hatch

This is a paragraph from Keith Laws top blue jay prospect article along with the list.

Seeing Sem Robberse so high up this early is a bit odd.

Quote Originally Posted by LanceUpperCut View Post
    The Jaysí system has been boosted by tremendously productive work on the international front, which has made up for some significant misses on college players in the draft the last few years.

1. ⁠Nate Pearson
    2. ⁠Jordan Groshans
    3. ⁠Alek Manoah
    4. ⁠Orelvis Martinez
    5. ⁠Anthony Kay
    7. ⁠Eric Pardinho
    8. ⁠Gabriel Moreno
    9. ⁠Alejandro Kirk
    10. ⁠Miguel Hiraldo
    11. ⁠Dasan Brown
    12. ⁠Adam Kloffenstein
    13. ⁠Leo Jimenez
    14. ⁠Patrick Murphy
    15. ⁠Kendall Williams
    16. ⁠TJ Zeuch
    17. ⁠Will Robertson
    18. ⁠Sem Robberse
    19. ⁠Anthony Alford
    20. ⁠Thomas Hatch

This is a paragraph from Keith Laws top blue jay prospect article along with the list.

Arden Zwelling says Murphy is looking really good.

Quote Originally Posted by LanceUpperCut View Post

1. ⁠Nate Pearson
    2. ⁠Jordan Groshans
    3. ⁠Alek Manoah
    4. ⁠Orelvis Martinez
    5. ⁠Anthony Kay
    7. ⁠Eric Pardinho
    8. ⁠Gabriel Moreno
    9. ⁠Alejandro Kirk
    10. ⁠Miguel Hiraldo
    11. ⁠Dasan Brown
    12. ⁠Adam Kloffenstein
    13. ⁠Leo Jimenez
    14. ⁠Patrick Murphy
    15. ⁠Kendall Williams
    16. ⁠TJ Zeuch
    17. ⁠Will Robertson
    18. ⁠Sem Robberse
    19. ⁠Anthony Alford
    20. ⁠Thomas Hatch

Anyone elseís confidence in paradinho panning our starting to waiver?

Anyone elseís confidence in paradinho panning our starting to waiver?
    Pardinho was the biggest wildcard if you ask me. He had elbow issues last year before ST as well but didnít need TJ.

Pardinho was the biggest wildcard if you ask me. He had elbow issues last year before ST as well but didnít need TJ.
    And Iím hearing he still operates in the 88-91 mph range? I always hoped heíd add some ticks but the injuries arenít helping him there.

I think Pardinho was always a guy with a lower ceiling higher floor type guy.