Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 350 of 355 FirstFirst ... 250300340348349350351352 ... LastLast
Results 5,236 to 5,250 of 5323
    Where would he be ranked in the Jays top 30 prospects if he was eligible? Iíd say probably 15-20 range?

Quote Originally Posted by LanceUpperCut View Post
    Where would he be ranked in the Jays top 30 prospects if he was eligible? Iíd say probably 15-20 range?
    I'd say that's accurate. You pointed out in your other post that he could be used as a starter. I didn't realize he was a starter in the minors.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Luciano stats in winter ball were not that great. At that age they need to keep him away from the major league club and allow him to develop as a starter in AA. This season they can do that
    Last edited by hanton; 02-17-2020 at 01:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LanceUpperCut View Post
    I think heís in the minors for sure. He should basically be looked at like a prospect starting fresh even if heís not.

They might actually see him as a possible starter still. I think it was a very creative move whether he works out or not, it was a strange situation where he was so young and rule 5 eligible at the same time as the Jays were in basically a rebuild mode. Iíd like to see him in New Hampshire this season as a starter.
    I think the move helped send a strong signal to the fan base that itís a full rebuild year. Gotta do something like that or the passive fans will wonder why the team sucks so bad. I think it was a very good move and I look forward to Elvis to come back to the building.

Luciano turned 20 literally 2 days ago and came from A ball last year. I'm curious what kind of control they have over him now. How long can they stash him in the minors? If it's several years I wouldn't be surprised if they toss him back all the way to Dunedin to let him get his minor league journey going again. He's 6'3, over 200 lbs and was throwing in the mid 90's last year out of the bullpen pretty effortlessly as a teenager!. . I'm curious what kind of stuff he will have this year as a starter. ..but even more curious what kind of stuff he will have 3 years from now at age 23 after throwing another 400 innings.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Luciano turned 20 literally 2 days ago and came from A ball last year. I'm curious what kind of control they have over him now. How long can they stash him in the minors? If it's several years I wouldn't be surprised if they toss him back all the way to Dunedin to let him get his minor league journey going again. He's 6'3, over 200 lbs and was throwing in the mid 90's last year out of the bullpen pretty effortlessly as a teenager!. . I'm curious what kind of stuff he will have this year as a starter. ..but even more curious what kind of stuff he will have 3 years from now at age 23 after throwing another 400 innings.
    He was selected in the 2018 rule 5 draft and spent 2019 with the Jays. They can send him to the minors - which they should

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    He was selected in the 2018 rule 5 draft and spent 2019 with the Jays. They can send him to the minors - which they should
    Yeah but how does it work from here? The jays just assume his contract as it was?
    Heís on the 40 man and would need to pass through waivers to be removed, correct?
    So each year from here would be one of his minor league options? He should still have 3 because he was on the 25man all season?

Yeah but how does it work from here? The jays just assume his contract as it was?
    Heís on the 40 man and would need to pass through waivers to be removed, correct?
    So each year from here would be one of his minor league options? He should still have 3 because he was on the 25man all season?
    Correct on the 40 man roster and his service time has started, 3 options, ARB eligible in 2022

Another rebuilding year when the Blue Jays should be competing for titles

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Another rebuilding year when the Blue Jays should be competing for titles
    Donít get me started.
    But there is hope, itís all about finishing the job properly which I am skeptical about only because these guys have never been able to do it before in a much easier division.

Donít get me started.
    But there is hope, itís all about finishing the job properly which I am skeptical about only because these guys have never been able to do it before in a much easier division.
    Good thing the Jays have a much larger payroll than the Indians ever did. Thatís something thatíll bode well for the two time executive of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Good thing the Jays have a much larger payroll than the Indians ever did. Thatís something thatíll bode well for the two time executive of the year.
    Last year they paid Tulo and Martin 35+M to play elsewhere and still have 14M this year for Tulo and a 4M buyout. That's a lot of dead money to get from underneath. They have lots of cash to play with

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Last year they paid Tulo and Martin 35+M to play elsewhere and still have 14M this year for Tulo and a 4M buyout. That's a lot of dead money to get from underneath. They have lots of cash to play with
    Mhmmm. Thereís plenty of reason to be excited. Then again, you and I were some of the posters who could see the light at the end of the tunnel. It was painful playing out those horrible contracts and not trading away the future to help keep that team alive but it was the right thing to do. I still find it hilarious how some posters genuinely think they wanted to hand out all those 2 year deals to players who werenít that good.

I mean if the Blue Jays are trying to win now...or if they were, they would have spent their money buying up free agents which they didn't even do. Yeah sure they picked up Ryu but like come on. Y'all have all this money to play around with and use but you don't do it but instead are going to be going into this season most likely having another losing season. That is what frustrates me about the Blue Jays, it is their GM but also if you trying to compete with teams like the Rays, Yankees and Red Sox then you fight fire with fire and spend money.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    I mean if the Blue Jays are trying to win now...or if they were, they would have spent their money buying up free agents which they didn't even do. Yeah sure they picked up Ryu but like come on. Y'all have all this money to play around with and use but you don't do it but instead are going to be going into this season most likely having another losing season. That is what frustrates me about the Blue Jays, it is their GM but also if you trying to compete with teams like the Rays, Yankees and Red Sox then you fight fire with fire and spend money.
    Something doesn't add up here

There's more then one way to skin a cat and spending money just to spend it isnt very smart. They obviously need an OF and there's going to be better options next off season. If Bichette, Biggio, Vlad and Gurriel all have a good year it becomes a good selling point.