Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 376 of 377 FirstFirst ... 276326366374375376377 LastLast
Results 5,626 to 5,640 of 5641
    I thoight he was more likely to go to 2B if he played infield. Wasnt he moved from 3B to CF because infield defense issues?

And Groshans is probably only a SS/3B prospect.

I guess he can go to 2B and cavan can play OF.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    I thoight he was more likely to go to 2B if he played infield. Wasnt he moved from 3B to CF because infield defense issues?

And Groshans is probably only a SS/3B prospect.

I guess he can go to 2B and cavan can play OF.
    We really still donít know what we have in Groshans. Iím not planning for him until I see him take minor league pitching for a year.

I get the feeling Groshans is going to be the guy we use as a trade chip for a stud pitcher. Unless he comes out and it's apparent he's a can't miss guy. I'm not against stockpiling tonnes of position players for flexibility, but unless he's going to be viewed as a long term third baseman, I don't see why you don't cash him in.

I just don't really see what the long term positional plan is for Biggio, Guerriel and Martin? I guess Martin as a CF, Biggio and Guerriel in LF, with Biggio playing some 2B too, and maybe Groshans plays between 3B and 2B? You still have Teoscar and Grichuk in the OF to put in, with Vlad and Rowdy at 1B/DH?

I'm not sure, but it's a good problem to have.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Grichuk and Hernandez have both played their way into full time OF spots in my books. I don't think they should be in a hurry to replace either one of those power bats that are in their prime.

Groshans isnt close and Martin is even further. Biggio has been one of the best 2B in all of baseball. That job is Cavan's. LF belongs to Gurriel ( who has the 23rd highest OPS now among OF's in all of baseball), and now RF def belongs to Teoscar (who has better OPS than Mookie Betts and is top 10 in all of baseball).

If Grichuk (who has the 26th best among OF's) finishes strong I don't see them spending any money or resources on a new outfielder. They may trade Grichuk for a more defensive minded CF who hits left handed and can get on base at an above average clip..but I doubt it.

Iíd actually argue that Martin is closer than groshans, but I agree with everything Else.

I think Martin is a more mature player and would have been ready for 2021 if it wasn't for the pandemic

I think we need to be careful with the sample sizes for Teoscar and Grichuk before locking them in as OF fixtures long term. Hernandez especially has been a very streaky player so far in his career.

Regardless if this does end up being sustainable then the Jays have even more good options on the field or through trade.

Quote Originally Posted by T.O. Fan View Post
    I think we need to be careful with the sample sizes for Teoscar and Grichuk before locking them in as OF fixtures long term. Hernandez especially has been a very streaky player so far in his career.

Regardless if this does end up being sustainable then the Jays have even more good options on the field or through trade.
    I'm more sold on Hernandez than I am on Grich. I have no problem if we moved on from Grich for a true CF with little pop who can get on base with good D and some speed.

After today I am also done with both Roark and Anderson. We need to trade the former and decline the club option on the latter. Then try to sign Bauer and keep Walker.

Ryu, Bauer, Walker, Pearson (Kay, Shoemaker, Merryweather, Thornton, Hatch, Stripling) can all fight for the 5th spot or 4th and 5th if we can't get Bauer or Walker.

Agree and I think the added variable to that sample size is the 4 month stoppage and how it impacted the players. It obviously affected some more than others and in different ways both in a positive and negative way. Christian Yelich for example was coming off not 1 but 2 MVP seasons (finished 1,2) only to see his numbers plummet. A consistent .300 hitter but this season, .208.

I think both Grichuk and Teoscar were feeding off the energy of the young guys and then there's the Dante factor. Dante has done a great job with both players.

Long term we probably see Grichuk back to his career averages but I believe Dante has helped him enough where he might be able to hold his own - at least with the hitting. The bigger issue with Grichuk is his D especially CF.

Teoscar to me looks completely different at the plate but again questions on his D but less so because he plays RF.

100%

I haven't really seen or read any analysis on why Teoscar is having more success this year. Has he done something to his swing and/or approach?

The Lost Boys of PSD

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    100%

I haven't really seen or read any analysis on why Teoscar is having more success this year. Has he done something to his swing and/or approach?
    Yes.

A toe tap instead of a leg kick and he's quieted his bat - went from a back and forth sway to almost completely still. This along with Dante's advice on staying back and a better understanding of the strike zone. I'll have to search for it but Dante mentioned this (staying back...) for Grichuk so I would imagine the same applies to Teoscar

The preliminary 2021 draft order was just released. We pick 1.20

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stor...-order-is-set/

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    The preliminary 2021 draft order was just released. We pick 1.20

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stor...-order-is-set/
    I'm thinking it's 19th since Houston loses their 1st and second rounders. Hopefully we also get 19th slot money.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic98 View Post
    I'm thinking it's 19th since Houston loses their 1st and second rounders. Hopefully we also get 19th slot money.
    right....I thought that was accounted for in that list but maybe not

The Toronto Blue Jays announced on Monday that they have agreed to terms with international free agent pitchers Jeury Hiciano (20), Geison Urbaez (20), Johan Simon (19) and Kendry Rojas (17).
    https://www.tsn.ca/toronto-blue-jays...ents-1.1540859