Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 282 of 283 FirstFirst ... 182232272280281282283 LastLast
Results 4,216 to 4,230 of 4238
    Vlad ain't going back to Buffalo. He is here to stay. He is on the cusp of breaking out. He is having solid AB's and hitting the ball harder and harder as his timing comes around. He needs some other hitters to get hot around him too.

He had a stretch on the weekend where he went 5 straight PA where he reached base.

Great move by Montoyo slotting him 2nd. Pitchers are really having a hard time finding any holes in his swing.

Homer, single a walk, 2nd homer with lots of game to go yet...
    Last edited by hanton; 05-14-2019 at 11:35 PM.

MLB Pipeline moves Pearson up to #57

Nate Pearson, RHP, Blue Jays (No. 67 to No. 57)

Fully healthy after a lost 2018 campaign due to injury, Pearson is confirming this season that he has one of the highest ceilings among pitching prospects -- something he offered a taste of in last yearís Arizona Fall League. The 22-year-old owns a 0.69 ERA and 43/3 K/BB in 26 innings this season and has already been promoted to Double-A.

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    MLB Pipeline moves Pearson up to #57

Nate Pearson, RHP, Blue Jays (No. 67 to No. 57)

Fully healthy after a lost 2018 campaign due to injury, Pearson is confirming this season that he has one of the highest ceilings among pitching prospects -- something he offered a taste of in last yearís Arizona Fall League. The 22-year-old owns a 0.69 ERA and 43/3 K/BB in 26 innings this season and has already been promoted to Double-A.
    Could he move fast enough that we see him this season? Would that even be smart? Those are fantastic numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Could he move fast enough that we see him this season? Would that even be smart? Those are fantastic numbers.
    I really doubt it. I would say no.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    You never know really. Although I can't remember a specific instance right now, pitchers have been known to make the jump from AA to the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderdan22 View Post
    You never know really. Although I can't remember a specific instance right now, pitchers have been known to make the jump from AA to the show.
    Under Anthopolous they sure did. I think they take their time considering this season is a wash and he missed basically a whole year of development. I hope I'm wrong though.

Considering he is on a schedule that has him throwing 5 innings, 2 innings, 5 innings, 2 innings etc..I don't think you are going to see him pushed to the bigs this year...when September comes around I think they will just be happy if he is still healthy and let him rest.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Under Anthopolous they sure did. I think they take their time considering this season is a wash and he missed basically a whole year of development. I hope I'm wrong though.
    Yeah didn't Castro jump for high A to the mlb?

Nate Pearson has 49 innings pitched....total.

...let's shut this down right now

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    ...let's shut this down right now
    Oh I'm not advocating for them to call him up, just that it has been done.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Yeah didn't Castro jump for high A to the mlb?
    Him and Osuna broke camp out of A ball together. I think Castro actually closed before Osuna but couldnít keep his fastball out of the middle of the plate.

Nice to see Patrick Murphy with another dominant start in NH. His 3rd in his last 4. This time he gave up a solo shot, but that was the only run he allowed over 7 innings while striking out 10 and only walking 1. The Jays really need him and Pearson to be good.