Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 420 of 427 FirstFirst ... 320370410418419420421422 ... LastLast
Results 6,286 to 6,300 of 6402
    Jays went shopping I see. Usually money well spent IMO. IFA has yielded some good ones. Hopefully the scouts get this one right too.

Quote Originally Posted by wamco View Post
    Yes , injury bug has been detrimental to both pardinho and groshans. Leo Jimenez at 4 was very aggressive to me for a guy with zero power
    I'd say....they also have his ETA as this year when he hasn't played higher than single A. Granted he did get placed on the 40 man to protect him from the rule 5 draft, but der lord. He is supposed to have "freakish bat-to-ball skills" though and a future 70 grade on his hit tool, so maybe he will just rake his way there kind of like Alejandro Kirk...but they aren't exactly hurting for a SS, but if he has the defensive chops to play SS then he could have a chance at eventually taking the 2B job if Biggio doesn't have a bounce back season and take that job long term.

The competition just internally though for that job is starting to get pretty crazy. Behind Biggio and Espinal (who I'm assuming isn't going to be handed the 3B job with his lack of power....) they already have:

(number are from last season)

Otto Lopez- .331/.398/.457 over 70 games in AAA
    Jordan Groshans- .291/.367/.450 over 75 games in AA.
    Kevin Smith- .285/.370/.561 with 21 HR's and 27 2B's over 94 games in AAA
    Samad Taylor- .294/.385/.503 with 16 HRs and 30 SB's over 87 games in AA

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    I'd say....they also have his ETA as this year when he hasn't played higher than single A. Granted he did get placed on the 40 man to protect him from the rule 5 draft, but der lord. He is supposed to have "freakish bat-to-ball skills" though and a future 70 grade on his hit tool, so maybe he will just rake his way there kind of like Alejandro Kirk...but they aren't exactly hurting for a SS, but if he has the defensive chops to play SS then he could have a chance at eventually taking the 2B job if Biggio doesn't have a bounce back season and take that job long term.

The competition just internally though for that job is starting to get pretty crazy. Behind Biggio and Espinal (who I'm assuming isn't going to be handed the 3B job with his lack of power....) they already have:

(number are from last season)

Otto Lopez- .331/.398/.457 over 70 games in AAA
    Jordan Groshans- .291/.367/.450 over 75 games in AA.
    Kevin Smith- .285/.370/.561 with 21 HR's and 27 2B's over 94 games in AAA
    Samad Taylor- .294/.385/.503 with 16 HRs and 30 SB's over 87 games in AA
    And this is why I am in favour of spending the Fa money on pitching this year. We have pretty much nothing at all coming up as far as pitchers go.

Include Moreno and Kirk to that list of guys who will need an opportunity. I see 3b and the possibility to supplant 2b and/or CF eventually as the only holes that these kids can fill on paper.
    Iím wide open to giving them a shot this season. At least one of them should be able to get hot and put up some nice win-now stats.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Jays went shopping I see. Usually money well spent IMO. IFA has yielded some good ones. Hopefully the scouts get this one right too.
    6 of our top ten right now are from IFA.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    6 of our top ten right now are from IFA.
    I read eta means added to 40 man roster not eta to appear in mlb
    Beeston: "we should be able to support a $140-$150 million payroll and that's the direction that we're headed."

Quote Originally Posted by wamco View Post
    I read eta means added to 40 man roster not eta to appear in mlb
    makes sense then...

on a different note, the Jays are supposedly in a handshake agreement with one of the top 4 IFA's for next year in Emmanuel Bonilla from the DR. He is 6'3 and 205 pounds at 15! He is also receiving great reviews for his overall hit tool. Enough to get him an expected signing bonus of 4M! (Vladdy only got 3.9...) If they can land him and Vladdy's younger brother that looks just like daddy (Pablo), that could be the next duo to drool over until they get to Toronto...

Apparently, we have been linked to one of the top International FA, OF Emmanuel Bonilla. He's already 6'3" and 205 lbs. Profiles as an athletic corner OF with serious power. One of four guys who'll command around $4M

I know it's a year away but there's lots of back room deals with IFA.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Kenny Powders; 01-28-2022 at 12:40 PM.

Is he wearing any Blue Jay gear by any chance?

Li still rememebr Vlad was wearing Blue Jays gear well before the IFA and everyone knew we got him lol.

Stop guys Iím already hard enough!

I'd like the Jays to get one of Pablo or Vladi Guerrero. Or both. They're 15 right now, so their eligibility is coming up quick.

Pablo's build looks a lot closer to his dad's.

makes sense then...

on a different note, the Jays are supposedly in a handshake agreement with one of the top 4 IFA's for next year in Emmanuel Bonilla from the DR. He is 6'3 and 205 pounds at 15! He is also receiving great reviews for his overall hit tool. Enough to get him an expected signing bonus of 4M! (Vladdy only got 3.9...) If they can land him and Vladdy's younger brother that looks just like daddy (Pablo), that could be the next duo to drool over until they get to Toronto...
    Super exciting. Thanks for sharing bartron. For all the attention we pay to the draft, I feel like IFA has yielded as many (or more?) high level players for us over the years.

Super exciting. Thanks for sharing bartron. For all the attention we pay to the draft, I feel like IFA has yielded as many (or more?) high level players for us over the years.
    It does. Part of it is numbers too. We sign alotta guys. I actually believe an international draft would have a negative impact on our team.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    It does. Part of it is numbers too. We sign alotta guys. I actually believe an international draft would have a negative impact on our team.
    100%

Makes you look back and thinkÖ how was there like no rules around these signings before? And why didnít a team just dominate that area?

makes sense then...

Jays have done good late years signing these players. How does he affect our international money?