Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 443 of 444 FirstFirst ... 343393433441442443444 LastLast
Results 6,631 to 6,645 of 6657
  1. #6631
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    6,901
    Fast track him to buffalo! No one there

  2. #6632
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,555
    Tiedemann in AA. Won't be 20 until next week.

  3. #6633
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,921
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    Tiedemann in AA. Won't be 20 until next week.
    He also dominated....with 5 K's, 1 BB and 1 H allowed over 3 IP. He must be on a very low pitch count to get him through this season every 5 days. He has only thrown over 70 pitches once all season and has never thrown more than 5 innings in any start no matter how good he is pitching. He's so effective over those 5 innings he rarely even gets all the way through the lineup twice. He's got 2 years to go in the minors just to build up the workload, but whenever he arrives, he looks like he is going to be special. He is dominating similar to the way Manoah did...except he's younger and left handed

  4. #6634
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    14,521
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    He also dominated....with 5 K's, 1 BB and 1 H allowed over 3 IP. He must be on a very low pitch count to get him through this season every 5 days. He has only thrown over 70 pitches once all season and has never thrown more than 5 innings in any start no matter how good he is pitching. He's so effective over those 5 innings he rarely even gets all the way through the lineup twice. He's got 2 years to go in the minors just to build up the workload, but whenever he arrives, he looks like he is going to be special. He is dominating similar to the way Manoah did...except he's younger and left handed
    He definitely has a shot to be a fixture at the top of the rotation for years to come. Still lots can happen before he hits the majors, but he looks like a high end prospect whose stock (already high) should continue to grow.

    Also, speaking of left handed. Thanks for bringing light to Addison Barger on these boards. We might have a legitimate left handed hitting prospect for once. He has been incredibly under the radar. The Jays have him batting after Orelvis Martinez now because pitchers have been pitching around him.

  5. #6635
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    15,775
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    He also dominated....with 5 K's, 1 BB and 1 H allowed over 3 IP. He must be on a very low pitch count to get him through this season every 5 days. He has only thrown over 70 pitches once all season and has never thrown more than 5 innings in any start no matter how good he is pitching. He's so effective over those 5 innings he rarely even gets all the way through the lineup twice. He's got 2 years to go in the minors just to build up the workload, but whenever he arrives, he looks like he is going to be special. He is dominating similar to the way Manoah did...except he's younger and left handed
    Boing!

  6. #6636
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    3,400
    I don't normally pay attention to draft/prospects anymore just because most don't pan and researching prospects can be time consuming but I just saw some video (there isn't much) of SS Tucker Toman and I really like the pick. He's only 18 but his swing looks so mature I can only imagine what it will be 2 years from now. He's probably going to end up at either 3B or a corner outfield.

    He's a switch hitter with a good bat and lots of power

    Scouting grades: Hit: 55 | Power: 50 | Run: 40 | Arm: 50 | Field: 45 | Overall: 50

    I'm going to follow his development.

  7. #6637
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,555
    Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    I don't normally pay attention to draft/prospects anymore just because most don't pan and researching prospects can be time consuming but I just saw some video (there isn't much) of SS Tucker Toman and I really like the pick. He's only 18 but his swing looks so mature I can only imagine what it will be 2 years from now. He's probably going to end up at either 3B or a corner outfield.

    He's a switch hitter with a good bat and lots of power

    Scouting grades: Hit: 55 | Power: 50 | Run: 40 | Arm: 50 | Field: 45 | Overall: 50

    I'm going to follow his development.
    Prospects only thing I have left to follow. Way Jays have sucked this year

  8. #6638
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,921
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    Prospects only thing I have left to follow. Way Jays have sucked this year
    Did I miss something? They had like 6 all-stars, they play in the toughest division in the AL and they are 10 games above .500 and still leading the WC race. ...How exactly is that sucking?

    Talk about a tough crowd....lol A couple individuals have sucked, but the team as a whole is still one of the best offensive teams in the AL. Even with their "down seasons" (which was inevitably going to lower compared to last season where they raked in those minor league stadiums...) Vladdy, Kirk, Teo, Springer and Chapman are all among the top 50 in OPS among all MLB qualifiers. (... and Gurriel is up to 56th). Bichette is down at 86th with a .740 OPS, but since the ASG he has an OPS over .850 and so far in Aug it is over .970.


    I still think they have best offense in the AL, and they are 1 of only 3 teams with 2 starters in the top 15 in ERA (along with the Dodgers and Astros). The only team with a better top 2 heading their rotation in the AL is the Astros with Verlander and Valdez. All they need to do is make it in to the dance and they have a shot.

  9. #6639
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    14,521
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Did I miss something? They had like 6 all-stars, they play in the toughest division in the AL and they are 10 games above .500 and still leading the WC race. ...How exactly is that sucking?

    Talk about a tough crowd....lol A couple individuals have sucked, but the team as a whole is still one of the best offensive teams in the AL. Even with their "down seasons" (which was inevitably going to lower compared to last season where they raked in those minor league stadiums...) Vladdy, Kirk, Teo, Springer and Chapman are all among the top 50 in OPS among all MLB qualifiers. (... and Gurriel is up to 56th). Bichette is down at 86th with a .740 OPS, but since the ASG he has an OPS over .850 and so far in Aug it is over .970.


    I still think they have best offense in the AL, and they are 1 of only 3 teams with 2 starters in the top 15 in ERA (along with the Dodgers and Astros). The only team with a better top 2 heading their rotation in the AL is the Astros with Verlander and Valdez. All they need to do is make it in to the dance and they have a shot.
    I think some of the expectations pre-season about being a WS favourite probably set many up for disappointment. You are right though. We are a very good team, with an impressive record in a very difficult division. There are a lot of other really good teams too. No pennants are won on paper. Have to compete and get the job done. I can understand why fans are concerned with the recent play. I am too. But it can be easy to take the positives and get too excited or take the negatives and get too pessimistic. We are where we are. Very good baseball team. Not great yet and need to get better.

  10. #6640
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Purgatory
    Posts
    8,153
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Did I miss something? They had like 6 all-stars, they play in the toughest division in the AL and they are 10 games above .500 and still leading the WC race. ...How exactly is that sucking?

    Talk about a tough crowd....lol A couple individuals have sucked, but the team as a whole is still one of the best offensive teams in the AL. Even with their "down seasons" (which was inevitably going to lower compared to last season where they raked in those minor league stadiums...) Vladdy, Kirk, Teo, Springer and Chapman are all among the top 50 in OPS among all MLB qualifiers. (... and Gurriel is up to 56th). Bichette is down at 86th with a .740 OPS, but since the ASG he has an OPS over .850 and so far in Aug it is over .970.


    I still think they have best offense in the AL, and they are 1 of only 3 teams with 2 starters in the top 15 in ERA (along with the Dodgers and Astros). The only team with a better top 2 heading their rotation in the AL is the Astros with Verlander and Valdez. All they need to do is make it in to the dance and they have a shot.
    They definitely don't suck and they could be a scary team if they streak at the right time. The problem has been their inconsistent play. During their hot streak they looked like world beaters. Then they lose to crappy opponents. The expectations were very high for this team and they haven't exactly lived up to that. Even the offense which is amazing, looked pedestrian against mediocre pitching. I am hoping Jays heat up soon and secure the Wildcard spot. Still a lot of baseball left.

  11. #6641
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    15,470
    Also doesn’t help that of course we would get a good chunk of games against Baltimore while they’re the hottest team in the league. Happened when we went to Seattle too.

  12. #6642
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,555
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Did I miss something? They had like 6 all-stars, they play in the toughest division in the AL and they are 10 games above .500 and still leading the WC race. ...How exactly is that sucking?

    Talk about a tough crowd....lol A couple individuals have sucked, but the team as a whole is still one of the best offensive teams in the AL. Even with their "down seasons" (which was inevitably going to lower compared to last season where they raked in those minor league stadiums...) Vladdy, Kirk, Teo, Springer and Chapman are all among the top 50 in OPS among all MLB qualifiers. (... and Gurriel is up to 56th). Bichette is down at 86th with a .740 OPS, but since the ASG he has an OPS over .850 and so far in Aug it is over .970.


    I still think they have best offense in the AL, and they are 1 of only 3 teams with 2 starters in the top 15 in ERA (along with the Dodgers and Astros). The only team with a better top 2 heading their rotation in the AL is the Astros with Verlander and Valdez. All they need to do is make it in to the dance and they have a shot.
    I no longer watch them. Most over rated team in baseball. They'll finish a little over .500. What I like to see is off season changes if Jays don't make playoffs??

  13. #6643
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,149
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    I no longer watch them. Most over rated team in baseball. They'll finish a little over .500. What I like to see is off season changes if Jays don't make playoffs??
    The first offseason change should be Atkins termination.

  14. #6644
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    15,775
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderdan22 View Post
    The first offseason change should be Atkins termination.
    Only if they have a sure thing lined up already.

  15. #6645
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    14,521
    Tiedemann wasn't as sharp in his second AA start. 2 IP, 3ER.

    Gabriel Martinez has moved a bunch through the system this year. Right handed corner outfielder. Still 20 years old and now in AA. He had a .984 OPS in Vancouver before his promotion. Currently ranked as our 7th best prospect on MLB.com

    Bartron has mentioned Addison Barger's name. .977 OPS in AA so far this year. He could keep moving quickly and be playing in AAA next year if he keeps hitting like this.

    Orelvis Martinez down to a .208 batting average. He may need catch up to AA a bit. The power is still there with a .464 slugging percentage, but I'm guessing pitch recognition, approach at the plate and bat to ball skills are phrases that might come up in his off-season

    Kade Doughty off to a nice start in Dunedin. Only 18 at bats so far, but 7 hits, 2 doubles, one HR. Josh Kasevich is there too, but off to a slow start. Kasevich was more of a glove first guy in college anyways whereas Doughty offers more with the bat. We'll see how those two progress.

    I haven't seen anything on our high school picks (Toman and Berriera). It sounds like Berriera is working at the player development complex for now.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •